LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 30 2015

AvoK95

MBP 13" Mac OS Beach Ball Of Death

I have a client who bought me a MacBook Pro 13" i5/4/500.

He told me that wherever he click, the beach ball turns around as if it's loading something. It's a common issue on Macs. At first I thought his HDD was damaged, as the notebook was dented on the side. I took out the drive and tested it on my PC with HD Tune. Clusters, and SMART were both fine, and the drive had no noise. I also tried repairing permissions, repairing disks and reinstalling OSX 3 times. Nothing seems to work.

I tried installing Malvricks then upgrading to Yosemite
I tried installing with the recovery partition, but it was simply broken
I tried repairing permissions all of that disk utility stuff
I checked if it was overheating.
I reset the PRAM
I reset the SMC

When I reinstalled OSX, the thing ran fine at first, so I also installed Windows in Bootcamp as well (He requested an OSX+Win dual boot) and everything was good. Windows was laggy, but after installing drives, it was fine.

So, I handed it to the client, and after a day, it started facing the same issue. And a day later, the OS was completely corrupted (Folder with ? on it, flashing)

So, now I don't know what else to do, because I think I tried everything I could get info on.

Anyone else had this issue before?

Suggestions are welcome.

Regards.

#2 January 30 2015

Stygmata
Banned

Re: MBP 13" Mac OS Beach Ball Of Death

repair your keychain files :
mlBnb.jpg

#3 January 30 2015

AvoK95

I'll try today, thanks

#4 January 30 2015

AvoK95

I just remembered. The hard drive was completely wiped so the Keychain was actually newly created.

After lots of trial and error, I think I found the issue to be from the HDD cable. The drive isn't detected sometimes, and sometimes it is. If I play around with the cable, sometimes it gets detected and runs fine, sometimes it gets detected an runs slow (beach ball thing) and sometimes it just doesn't get detected.

I'm gonna give it back to him, and advise him to take it to Adkom, as I want to risk a $2000 laptop for a stupid cable. I'll let them deal with it

Board footer