LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 May 20 2015

hassansaleh31

Re: Need your opinions on a custom gaming PC

hey everyone.
i'm sorry for posting this topic too early but i now need your help.
this is going to be my first build and i want it to be special.
my budget is 2000$ can increese a little bit (100 - 200).
would you recomend shiping some parts? cause i notised graphics cards and some parts costs a lot less on amazon.
P.S: will be used for extreme gaming mostly 1080 p but may use dsr.
lat question: i need some information for amazons 12 month special funding. will it work?

Last edited by hassansaleh31 (May 20 2015)

#27 May 20 2015

Die_Kapitan

hassansaleh31 wrote:

hey everyone.
i'm sorry for posting this topic too early but i now need your help.
this is going to be my first build and i want it to be special.
my budget is 2000$ can increese a little bit (100 - 200).
would you recomend shiping some parts? cause i notised graphics cards and some parts costs a lot less on amazon.
P.S: will be used for extreme gaming mostly 1080 p but may use dsr.
lat question: i need some information for amazons 12 month special funding. will it work?

I advise you to postpone the build to early to mid-July, AMD are going to launch their R9 300 series by then, you could buy the R9 380X, R9 390 or R9 390X which will offer better performance than the GTX 970, GTX 980 and Titan X respectively, due to the new architecture, HBM and, in the case of the 380X, more memory than Nvidia's offering, the 380X is also rumored to have HBM memory. If you don't want to go AMD, Nvidia will have slashed their prices in order to compete, so it's a win-win situation.
PS: new AMD cards will be DX12 and Vulkan compatible and have VSR, AMD's response to DSR.

#28 May 20 2015

hassansaleh31

i have been living for 5 month without a pc since my laptop have broken and my life has been like hell since then.
i can get a 980 it will serve for for some time and i will upgrade later. i don't think there will be a game that need more that a 980 for at least a year

#29 May 20 2015

ballad

hassansaleh31 wrote:

i have been living for 5 month without a pc since my laptop have broken and my life has been like hell since then.
i can get a 980 it will serve for for some time and i will upgrade later. i don't think there will be a game that need more that a 980 for at least a year

just go man and build one tomorrow.
Check macrotronics.net for items you can pickup straight and pcandpartsfor next day items.

#30 May 20 2015

hassansaleh31

So you would recommend getting all parts fron here and not from outside

#31 May 20 2015

Die_Kapitan

If you don't have a PC, get everything but the GPU, and wait till AMD release their new cards, integrated graphics will run any game at low-to-medium settings and some (like TF2) at high settings. It's worth it to wait to get a good performing card at a cheaper price or a better performing card.

#32 May 20 2015

ballad

hassansaleh31 wrote:

So you would recommend getting all parts fron here and not from outside

yes, i'm stuck with a dead motherboard that I got last year from USA, so even if you pay a 10% or 20% extra, it's safer to buy from here

#33 May 20 2015

hassansaleh31

ok i will take that into consideration

#34 May 21 2015

hassansaleh31

guys what do you think about the Antec EA-750 PLATINUM 750W 80 PLUS Platinum power supply is it worth it?

#35 May 21 2015

Die_Kapitan

As a general rule of thumb, Antec has the best PSUs on the market, all their PSUs have either Seasonic or Delta (which are actually even better than Seasonic if you can believe that) as OEM. If I were you, I'd get an Antec HCP-750W, it's 80+ Gold, frankly, 80+ Platinum is overrated, it's only 2-3% more efficient than Gold for nearly 20% more. But if you're forced to buy from Lebanon the Antec's by far your best choice.

#36 May 21 2015

hassansaleh31

ok thanks for your help

#37 May 21 2015

hassansaleh31

ok last question would you recommend the 980 or should i just go for the 970? (for 1080p gaming at ultra settings)

Last edited by hassansaleh31 (May 21 2015)

#38 May 21 2015

Die_Kapitan

The 980 will allow you to go without an upgrade for at least 2 years if you want to play on Ultra, as games are getting more graphics-intensive, people are moving up to 1440p monitors and manufacturers are switching to HBM memory.

#39 May 21 2015

hassansaleh31

ok i will

#40 May 22 2015

hassansaleh31

Final decision:
Asusu z97 pro gamer
Core i7-4790k
Msi gtx 980
Hyperx savage 16gb
Hyperx ssd 240gb
Wd black 2 TB
Corsair c70 military green
Antec 80+ platinum 750w
Lg 22" ips full hd
A4tech bloody mouse keyboard and headset
Still no sure about the cpu cooler should i get the h80i or a thermaltake air cooler
So what do you think

#41 May 23 2015

NAM

a small suggestion .. if you like a single monitor setup go for a bigger screen (and if you have extra money make it a g-sync or A-sync monitor) .. if you are planning to add more monitors in the future then the 22" is fine.

As for the CPU cooler .. it depends if you want to overclock the CPU .. i have a similar setup ... i overclocked the 970 easily but not by much .. but i left my air cooled 4970k alone since overclocking it has no real impact on gaming. but if you want to get the most of your setup (overclocking your CPU) get a liquid cooler (h80i is a good one)

#42 May 23 2015

hassansaleh31

yes i'm planing for a triple monitor setup for the future so i'm going with 22".

i don't think i'm going to overclock my cpu  so i'll stick with air cooling.

thank you all for your help i will post pics as soon as i receive all the parts and finish building it.

#43 May 23 2015

ballad

I agree that you need a bigger screen

#44 May 23 2015

hassansaleh31

what size do you recommend?

#45 May 23 2015

ballad

I found that 27inch is the most relaxing size to use for all around purposes.

#46 May 23 2015

Die_Kapitan

ballad wrote:

I found that 27inch is the most relaxing size to use for all around purposes.

Unless the screen is 1080p. 21-24" is for 1080p, 27" is for 1440p, 27-32" is for 4K (although there are 24 and 25" 4K monitors).

#47 May 24 2015

hassansaleh31

Do you think the stock fans on the c70 will provide enough cooling or i should get more fans. And if that is the case what fans do you recomend (low noise and good air flow) ?

#48 May 24 2015

omarmasri

I highly recommend the CM 690 III check out the dust filters on the case before buying.

As for the FANS I recommend the Cougar CFD 14HB they are quite silent.

I have just made my PC Rig my experience is limited to my case and fans but I highly recommend both

#49 May 24 2015

Die_Kapitan

The C70 is better than the 690 III, it's more well-built and looks cooler.

#50 May 24 2015

omarmasri

yea that's true and it all depend's on the buyer's taste. I'm not saying the 690 III is better looking (the opposite is truw) but what I'm saying is that when buying a case cooling options and dust filters should always be a priority.

Board footer