LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 5 2014

bermudapineapple

Windows 10?

Surprised a topic hasn't opened up yet here on the announcement on Windows 10. Do most of you not bother with Windows anymore?

Anyway, what do you think about Microsoft's skipping of Windows 9 straight to Windows 10? And what do you think of the new features?

If you haven't watched the reveal then head to YouTube. It's about thirty minutes long but interesting.

EDIT: I'm personally going to let it run for about a year or so after release and gage the reaction of consumers before I decide to upgrade.

Last edited by bermudapineapple (October 5 2014)

#2 October 5 2014

AvoK95

Re: Windows 10?

I used the technical preview. Seems really good. I'd upgrade my 7 to 10. It's like a hybrid of 7 and 8. No more charms! that makes me happy, because those were annoying as DUCK!

#3 October 5 2014

NuclearVision

i read somewhere that they did so much work, upgrades and modifications to call it win9.
so they chose 10 instead, just another ad theme

#4 October 5 2014

Johnaudi

I still don't get what's up with people complaining about the name though.

Other than that, I hope it will be up to gaming standards.

#5 October 5 2014

AvoK95

I just got a Windows Update on my 7 Home Premium to update to the Technical Preview.
waa_zpsae0613fc.png

They're pushing an OS that's not even in Alpha stages to the public... NOICE!

#6 October 5 2014

hussam

NuclearVision wrote:

i read somewhere that they did so much work, upgrades and modifications to call it win9.
so they chose 10 instead, just another ad theme

I also heard it was to distance it from Windows 8 as much as possible.
And another rumor suggested that some legacy applications checked for Windows 9* and may end up assuming this is Windows 95 or 98.

#7 October 5 2014

bermudapineapple

AvoK95 wrote:

I just got a Windows Update on my 7 Home Premium to update to the Technical Preview.
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x46 … 0613fc.png

They're pushing an OS that's not even in Alpha stages to the public... NOICE!

Are you going to download that? Let me know if you do.

#8 October 6 2014

AvoK95

Of course not. It's not even an alpha build. I'm gonna use the x86 technical preview on my netbook however. Its been running Linux for a while now.

Board footer