LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 13 2014

nosense

BSOD twice a day

Basically , No 24 hours can pass without 2 BSODs at least, they are getting random sometimes , I installed Bluescreen view and the last BSODs were (in order , start from bottom to top)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I used to have a faulty ram and so I thought the BSODs are caused by it , but I bought a new one and ran memtest with no errors, what am I facing here exactly?

Note that Bluescreen view tells me that all the BSODs are caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe)

Last edited by nosense (July 13 2014)

#2 July 13 2014

Tarek
Banned

Re: BSOD twice a day

Is your CPU overclocked ? overheating?
anything in the event viewer ?
new software or driver installed before the BSOD began ?dual channel ram ?
ntoskrnl.exe is related to Memory ( ram or GPU memory )

give us some info

#3 July 13 2014

nosense

Tarek wrote:

Is your CPU overclocked ? overheating?
anything in the event viewer ?
new software or driver installed before the BSOD began ?dual channel ram ?
ntoskrnl.exe is related to Memory ( ram or GPU memory )

give us some info

-CPU not overclocked nor overheating

-what should I be looking for in the event viewer ? there's something in critical section (kernel-power) which is caused by shutdown without save wish happens when there's a bsod

-I had a game crashing so I installed sound driver from the official intel website

-I will perform a memtest for each stick alone now , but how can I check the GPU ? I have MSI 650Ti

#4 July 13 2014

Tarek
Banned

Try to boot into safe mode and keep your pc turned on and tell us what would happen .( press f8 repeatedly when the system is booting then choose safe mode
in event viewer check for all events around the time of BSOD
download OCCT ( http://www.ocbase.com/index.php/download ) for stability tests (including GPU ) or this video stress tester : http://vmst.sourceforge.net/

#5 July 13 2014

Johnaudi

Do you have an AMD/Intel HD GPU? Switchable graphics?

#6 July 14 2014

nosense

@johnaudi theres an onboard intel graphics but it ia disabled from the bios

@tarek I downloaded the stress tests it was all okay , and my pc can go a full day in safe mode with no problems , so it's a driver problem not hardware right ?
Note that in normal mode the pc can't even stay idle for couple hours

#7 July 14 2014

Johnaudi

Enable it from the BIOS and use switchable graphics.

#8 July 14 2014

nosense

Johnaudi wrote:

Enable it from the BIOS and use switchable graphics.

why and how ? I can enable it from the bios but what will that affect ?

#9 July 14 2014

Tarek
Banned

Download driver verifier then ..it is purely a software issue ..

#10 July 14 2014

AvoK95

What's your power supply?

#11 July 14 2014

nosense

AvoK95 wrote:

What's your power supply?

Corsair CX430 430W PSU 80 PLus Bronze

#12 July 15 2014

AvoK95

Try a different unit if you can

#13 July 15 2014

Johnaudi

I used to get all theses issues as well, until I updated my AMD graphics card and dual'ed it with my Intel HD -- now if I put on the cable to my laptop, it will use AMD, and if I remove it it will go to Intel.

So here's the problem, in the moment you remove the cable or plug it in, the screen goes black and goes back to normal.
That moment here is the issue part, if you plug it in while the screen is still black, it will either pop up a small error that AMD stopped working, or will BSOD one of the issues you listed above.

IF you're on switchable graphics, this can be a power supply problem (cutting and coming back) - but if you're BSOD is constant at a certain time the system is online, that can be a software problem concerning your graphics card.

#14 July 15 2014

AvoK95

It can also be a bad configuration of the BIOS.

#15 July 15 2014

nosense

Johnaudi wrote:

I used to get all theses issues as well, until I updated my AMD graphics card and dual'ed it with my Intel HD -- now if I put on the cable to my laptop, it will use AMD, and if I remove it it will go to Intel.

So here's the problem, in the moment you remove the cable or plug it in, the screen goes black and goes back to normal.
That moment here is the issue part, if you plug it in while the screen is still black, it will either pop up a small error that AMD stopped working, or will BSOD one of the issues you listed above.

IF you're on switchable graphics, this can be a power supply problem (cutting and coming back) - but if you're BSOD is constant at a certain time the system is online, that can be a software problem concerning your graphics card.

this can also explain the damn crashes I have every time I play bf3 or payday 2 or any semi heavy game  , but I am on the latest driver and I have only 1 monitor , the onboard graphic is set to default (it will start if it's primary).

Should I make a fresh windows install ?
and can this be a HDD problem ? bad sectors ?

#16 July 15 2014

AvoK95

Windows is never the issue with BSOD. And HDD has nothing to do with it either.

Your PC is unstable either because of wrong drivers that have been forced to be installed. Or your motherboard BIOS configuration isn't configured properly. Causing it to be unstable. It might be a RAM issue as well.

Try running Memtest86+ for a pass

#17 July 15 2014

Tarek
Banned

Uninstall your gpu and try running it on the intil gpu ..post the result

#18 July 16 2014

Johnaudi

The most obvious reason is that your power supply is broken down due to the electricity blackouts (unless you've got a UPS installed), and the power outage is dropping, cause your computer to switch from its main GPU to the Intel one, this will lead to a problem concerning switching the graphics which will cause you to BSOD.

Have you every gotten "Your GPU Failed" or "Your GPU stopped working correctly".

#19 July 16 2014

DNA

Nevermind my post am sorry, wasn't ok when i checked the forums

Last edited by DNA (July 16 2014)

#20 July 16 2014

Tarek
Banned

DNA wrote:

These are the worst troubleshooting replies i have ever seen, want help PM me

Bill Gates , is that you ?!

#21 July 16 2014

Johnaudi

DNA wrote:

These are the worst troubleshooting replies i have ever seen, want help PM me

If you think you can be helpful, post it here and help us all (and future visitors), you don't have to be like one of those douchebags on the web where someone's searching for help and end up by a 'PM me for a solution'.

#22 July 16 2014

DNA

Ntsokrnl.exe is the windows kernel main component, it isn't related to ram nor GPU memory "Bill Gates", anyway if your windows kernel is crashing then it probably have something to do with a bad driver or you have installed something that conflicts with windows(have you installed windows updates?) that basically is the problem considering that your RAM is not faulty as you said.
install windows updates and try to find out which is the driver or program you installed prior to BSOD happening, if it doesn't work please upload the minidump for me to see it

#23 July 16 2014

Tarek
Banned

DNA wrote:

Ntsokrnl.exe is the windows kernel main component, it isn't related to ram nor GPU memory "Bill Gates", anyway if your windows kernel is crashing then it probably have something to do with a bad driver or you have installed something that conflicts with windows(have you installed windows updates?) that basically is the problem considering that your RAM is not faulty as you said.
install windows updates and try to find out which is the driver or program you installed prior to BSOD happening, if it doesn't work please upload the minidump for me to see it

you should read the previous replies before posting .

also you should search better :
WIKIPEDIA : ntoskrnl.exe (Short for Windows NT operating system kernel,) also known as kernel image, provides the kernel and executive layers of the Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management, thus making it a fundamental part of the system. It contains the cache manager, the executive, the kernel, the security reference monitor, the memory manager, and the scheduler.

#24 July 16 2014

AvoK95

@aliessayli2
Can you tell us your full specs in detail?

Try running OCCT PSU stress test and see if it'll BSOD right after you start it. If it does, remove your GPU and try again, if it does again, we know it's not the GPU, nor is it the PSU being too small for it.

Can you try a different PSU? I had such problems when my PSU was failing.

Last edited by AvoK95 (July 16 2014)

#25 July 16 2014

Tarek
Banned

AvoK95 wrote:

@Johnaudi
Can you tell us your full specs in detail?

Try running OCCT PSU stress test and see if it'll BSOD right after you start it. If it does, remove your GPU and try again, if it does again, we know it's not the GPU, nor is it the PSU being too small for it.

Can you try a different PSU? I had such problems when my PSU was failing.

the OP is @aliessayli2

Board footer