LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 2 2014

Danzy

Hi geeks

Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself,my name is Dany and I'm from Beirut.
I have a good knowledge in programming (C++,Java,SQL,Assembly,C#,PHP,ASP.NET...)
I'd like to contribute by helping in any way possible here...
Ok to be honest I just signed up to be able to reply on an ESO thread...
And by the way if the admin is reading this,your little registration test can be bypassed by an amateur.

Peace out.

#2 May 2 2014

xterm

Re: Hi geeks

Welcome.

Danzy wrote:

And by the way if the admin is reading this,your little registration test can be bypassed by an amateur.

The test isn't meant to be a complex barrier of entry to LebGeeks. Whether by solving or bypassing, that user, amateur or expert is well worth having here.

#3 May 3 2014

samer
Admin

As xterm mentioned, amateurs are encouraged to join. The "entrance exam" does not measure your programming skills, but your determination to join the community.

#4 May 5 2014

longbit

we didn't have that when i registered... am gonna try to re-register
P.S: that was not a nice way to introduce your self to a community, unless you are here just for trolling.

#5 May 5 2014

Tarek
Banned

Off with his head !

#6 May 5 2014

Danzy

I'm not sure where did you exactly find any aspects of trolling in my post, it would be nice of you to point them out.
Nevertheless you haven't strictly said it was my intention, i believe both xterm and samer were crystal clear in their explanations.
I'm sorry if you felt my statements were not too sweet, but then again your "welcome" wasn't any different, not that i would want/expect it to be as i do not judge people by their words but instead by their feelings, behaviour,doings and expressions which cannot meet the online requirements.
More easily said, do not judge a book by its cover because there's more to it than meets the eyes.

#7 May 5 2014

Elied

There seems to be abit of a misunderstanding here, as both of you have misinterpreted the other's intentions. Although both of you do have a point ( as paradoxal as this may seem)  Danzy did not mean (as it seems) to belittle the forum or its community but to simply point out that the registration was easily bypassed and thus would not be effective at it's task which is a sort of filter that seperates knowledgeable members from amateurs, sadly not knowing this is not in fact the true purpose of the registration process put in place.
On the other hand the way he said it was not at all amicable and it came out as sort of a narcissistic and egocentric way of speech, which are caracteristic traits of an internet troll, though apparently that was not his intention.
So in the end this is just a small missunderstanding so let's put it behind us.

Oh and welcome to the community. Hope you'll benefit and be beneficial to it.

Last edited by Elied (May 5 2014)

#8 May 5 2014

Johnaudi

Tarek wrote:

Off with his head !

This made my day.

I've passed reading your 'quiproquo' and jumped off by saying:

Welcome, it's nice to have you here.

#9 May 5 2014

longbit

yep Elied got it right...
wasn't trying to be offensive or anything, no hard feelings Danzy... again welcome

#10 May 6 2014

samer
Admin

Glad the misunderstanding is cleared. Welcome on board!

#11 May 6 2014

Joe

Welcome to the forum Danzy :)

#12 May 6 2014

bermudapineapple

Hiya, buddy! Welcome!

#13 May 6 2014

Danzy

Appreciate the welcome, thanks guys.