LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 26 2014

Sissofantasy

Firmware Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3

Hello everybody,
I want to download Android 4.3 firmware for Galaxy S3 from Sammobile.
But, when I checked my firmware version, I saw that my phone was from Afghanistan (AFG).
My question is : Is there any risk that by installing the AFG rom on my phone it might not work with lebanese SIM ? 
Thank you

#2 February 26 2014

AvoK95

Re: Firmware Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3

No, just make sure that your phone is the exact same model number as the firmware. Like if it's i9300, make sure it's exactly i9300 and not i9300G or something else. Also, I'd download the India firmware. I found it the most stable one on my Note 2 (Note 2 and S3 are basically the same phones)

#3 February 26 2014

Sissofantasy

Ok thank you ;)

#4 February 28 2014

bermudapineapple

No, it will work. My phone is from Switzerland and I use and update it without a problem. Make sure you download the AFG model. You might have to root your phone to be able to access other firmwares, which might void your warranty.

#5 February 28 2014

AvoK95

tt400 wrote:

No, it will work. My phone is from Switzerland and I use and update it without a problem. Make sure you download the AFG model. You might have to root your phone to be able to access other firmwares, which might void your warranty.

All firmware of the exact same phone works without any issues, unless they're carrier based, but those still might work, but with extra bloatware installed.
It doesn't matter what region you install from. I have an N7100 Note 2 bought from here, it has ran firmwares from India, UAE, Switzerland and who knows where. As long as I have an N7100, I can install any N7100 firmware.
Flashing your firmware already voids your warranty, as the bootloader counts how many times the phone has flashed. Unless it's 0, your warranty is voided.

#6 March 1 2014

Sissofantasy

So what's the point of making different firmware ?

#7 March 1 2014

AvoK95

Sissofantasy wrote:

So what's the point of making different firmware ?

Each region has their own services, and bloatware, and builds. And many other things.

#8 March 2 2014

bermudapineapple

AvoK95 wrote:
tt400 wrote:

All firmware of the exact same phone works without any issues, unless they're carrier based, but those still might work, but with extra bloatware installed.
It doesn't matter what region you install from. I have an N7100 Note 2 bought from here, it has ran firmwares from India, UAE, Switzerland and who knows where. As long as I have an N7100, I can install any N7100 firmware.
Flashing your firmware already voids your warranty, as the bootloader counts how many times the phone has flashed. Unless it's 0, your warranty is voided.

I don't know what I'm talking about.

Board footer