LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 February 13 2015

A.L

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

well I felt over protective so i ordered this one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6496 … 8075137024

as for the earphones i went for the sheapest best reviewed one from dealextreme:
http://www.dx.com/p/designer-s-in-ear-s … able-33239

the good thing about DX's order is that it was processed in less than 24hours but the tracking number is fake, and apparently as stated in the first page of this topic, they do that for the first couple of days and they change it to a working one.

#102 February 13 2015

LifeEngineer

A.L wrote:

as for the earphones i went for the sheapest best reviewed one from dealextreme:

the good thing about DX's order is that it was processed in less than 24hours but the tracking number is fake, and apparently as stated in the first page of this topic, they do that for the first couple of days and they change it to a working one.

How could it be free shipping to Lebanon in 24hrs?!
Something is weird here!

#103 February 13 2015

Zackfarran

Hello guys,

i accpeted today a delivery via DHL from ali express it was delivered fast and in prefect condition and the amount they demanded for customs was around 3$ where the price of the item is 9.34$

Last edited by Zackfarran (February 13 2015)

#104 February 13 2015

A.L

LifeEngineer wrote:
A.L wrote:

How could it be free shipping to Lebanon in 24hrs?!
Something is weird here!

it is a promotion they call them MVP product, it doesn't ship in 24 hours, it gets processed in 24 hours, as i said it shipped but i have a fake tracking number that doesn't work hoping they'll change it by monday.
and @Zackfarran you shipped it with DHL and it still costs only 9 dollars? all the deals i get on aliexpress that involve DHL shipping also involve a minimum of 50 $ shipping cost.

#105 February 13 2015

AVOlio

Zackfarran wrote:

Hello guys,

i accpeted today a delivery via DHL from ali express it was delivered fast and in prefect condition and the amount they demanded for customs was around 3$ where the price of the item is 9.34$

What about the price of the shipping?
How much did you pay to the seller?

#106 February 14 2015

A.L

does anyone knows what's the deal with amazon and shipping policy to outside the us, i tried to ship a phone cover and it gave me an error about my location although there was a delivery plan to lebanon?

#107 February 15 2015

Sup3r

^The best with Amazon is that you can talk with one of their customer service representative via live chat.

I've got an order with AliExpress that's been 2 months, when I track it on LibanPost, latest status shows:

1/30/2015 12:22:42 PM    Item received at Office of Exchange and under Customs clearance    Beirut Sorting Center, Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport

Do they update the status when it's ready to be picked-up?

#108 February 15 2015

AVOlio

@Sup3r
It means your item is in the airport.
And they will clear it sooner or later to the designated liban post office nearest one to your location.

#109 February 16 2015

Sup3r

AVOlio wrote:

@Sup3r
It means your item is in the airport.
And they will clear it sooner or later to the designated liban post office nearest one to your location.

Thanks, I finalized my order with aliexpress since it's already in Lebanon, nothing pricey, btw what's with these DHL/borderlinx, released my items on Thursday, borderlinx updated the status on their website with "Shipment handed over to delivery agent" along a tracking number which meant to be tracked on DHL website, that when I do, shows "not found". On the same day I released, an agent from DHL contacted by email asking to provide invoice(again) before Friday, I did. Haven't received a reply since. So it's supposed to fly on Friday. Re-contacted them yesterday with no reply, I suppose that's because they take Saturday-Sunday off? Will keep this updated.

Last edited by Sup3r (February 16 2015)

#110 February 16 2015

AVOlio

@Supe3r
You can not track the item in DHL site, until it arrives here in Lebanon.
(Yea i know,its weird,you pay 60-70$ for express shipping, and you can not even track it unless it is in your country)
About the email you received, you will send them an invoice of your purchased items, to make the clearance from the customs easier and faster once it is with the customs.
Since you sent the invoice already, that's it, you should not expect a reply. (Until your item arrives in Lebanon).

#111 February 16 2015

hasanagh

guys  why do you all get the mail to the nearest liban post , they deliver it always to my house today i got one

#112 February 17 2015

Johnaudi

Just ordered a GoPro Hero 4 and it ships with "LB Express", any idea what that is? Never heard of it.

#113 February 23 2015

A.L

hello everyone,
I have ordered something from dealextreme and it shipped 10 days ago, i got a working tracking number last sunday, and and since then when i trace it it gives the following:
16-02-2015    Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)
is that normal?
PS: it is shipped using Singapore post

#114 February 24 2015

Firaskudsy

thanks a lot for sharing your experience!, i was just looking for any help on this issue.

#115 February 24 2015

Sup3r

Today I received two items that I released last week from borderlinx website through DHL, the items are Samsung SSD 850 pro 512gb and corsair vengeance 16GB/2x8 ram, they took 74$ all-in-all fees. Item values were 400$ (actually 463$) And they delivered it to my house.

Now awaiting MSI GTX 980 & Arctic freezer, today I just got notification my items have been shipped by DHL. They should be here in approx 10 days.

Last edited by Sup3r (February 24 2015)

#116 March 8 2015

NAM

So i bought the HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset for PC/PS4/Mobile - Red for 99.99$ from amazon through Borderlinx "sorry no pics"

ORDER PLACED Feb 21, 2015 "from amazon"
Delivered              Feb 23, 2015 "to Borderlinx USA"
Package Release Feb 26, 2015 "through email to borderlinx"
Package arrived   Mar 06, 2015 "to Lebanese airport"
Package Deliver   Mar 07, 2015 "to my house"

Pros: *Fast delivery "to my house"
            *Fast email reply
              *The package had an air cushion supporting the item securely in place
Cons: *Release email "you can release on the site so why do i have to send again the purchase info on mail"
             *The delivery cost is 68.38$ "which include 1.99$ customs overtime + 0.2$ customs overtime VAT ... WTF"

Overall: *The HyperXcloud II is worth the 100$ as a product but i feel ripped off when it exceeded the 150$
                  *The HyperXcloud II has only advantage over the first one which is the virtual 7.1 surround sound "which according to my ears WORKS by amplifying background sounds" but if you are not eager for this addition or the USB only plug option then the first one is better for you.

#117 March 9 2015

bermudapineapple

NAM wrote:

So i bought the HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset for PC/PS4/Mobile - Red for 99.99$ from amazon through Borderlinx "sorry no pics"

ORDER PLACED Feb 21, 2015 "from amazon"
Delivered              Feb 23, 2015 "to Borderlinx USA"
Package Release Feb 26, 2015 "through email to borderlinx"
Package arrived   Mar 06, 2015 "to Lebanese airport"
Package Deliver   Mar 07, 2015 "to my house"

Pros: *Fast delivery "to my house"
            *Fast email reply
              *The package had an air cushion supporting the item securely in place
Cons: *Release email "you can release on the site so why do i have to send again the purchase info on mail"
             *The delivery cost is 68.38$ "which include 1.99$ customs overtime + 0.2$ customs overtime VAT ... WTF"

Overall: *The HyperXcloud II is worth the 100$ as a product but i feel ripped off when it exceeded the 150$
                  *The HyperXcloud II has only advantage over the first one which is the virtual 7.1 surround sound "which according to my ears WORKS by amplifying background sounds" but if you are not eager for this addition or the USB only plug option then the first one is better for you.

Wow, so you almost paid double for the product. Why did it take you three days to release the package? Also why did it take 11 days to get your package? It took me 3 days.

Last edited by bermudapineapple (March 9 2015)

#118 March 10 2015

NAM

tt400 wrote:

Wow, so you almost paid double for the product. Why did it take you three days to release the package? Also why did it take 11 days to get your package? It took me 3 days.

Well i didn't know what they meant by release and they were NOT clear in the email .. so the first time i sent them "i confirm the release" and by the time i checked again and corrected the email it was three days "i noticed them in the spam".

As for the delivery i have no idea why it took that much "also the tracking number was not working the whole time" but i called them on Mar 06, 2015 and they told me it is in the airport and they delivered it the next day.

#119 March 17 2015

A.L

I have a question: I have ordered some things from a website called banggood.com ( its reviews were very good), the problem is with the shipping address, i have forgotten to put what floor i live in and the name of the building ( i replaced the name of the building with an equivalent information which is the name of a shop in the building) the order already shipped so i can't change the address, and the order is untracked, so i don't know when will it arrive at libanpost to pick it up my self. Did this ever happen to anyone, and through your experience is there a way i can know that my items arrived to libanpost so i can go and get them myself?
PS: there is no phone number in my address also, they didn't put it.
thank you

#120 March 17 2015

NAM

A.L wrote:

I have a question: I have ordered some things from a website called banggood.com ( its reviews were very good), the problem is with the shipping address, i have forgotten to put what floor i live in and the name of the building ( i replaced the name of the building with an equivalent information which is the name of a shop in the building) the order already shipped so i can't change the address, and the order is untracked, so i don't know when will it arrive at libanpost to pick it up my self. Did this ever happen to anyone, and through your experience is there a way i can know that my items arrived to libanpost so i can go and get them myself?
PS: there is no phone number in my address also, they didn't put it.
thank you

Call them .. if they don't have your phone number most probably they will not deliver it to you and they will keep the package at their storage.

#121 April 6 2015

A.L

guys i canceled an order 3 weeks ago, i asked the supplier and he said that he refunded me, and when i check my transactions there is no sign of a refund, nor any pending authorization. anyone knows how the process of refunding works, and what should i do in  my case.
PS: my card is from Bank Audi.
thank you

#122 April 15 2015

Sup3r

DHL lost my shipment that was coming through borderLinx,and they offered a refund that is going to take 1 month for them to contact their insurance company. What a fu*ked up situation.

#123 April 16 2015

AVOlio

Sup3r wrote:

DHL lost my shipment that was coming through borderLinx,and they offered a refund that is going to take 1 month for them to contact their insurance company. What a fu*ked up situation.

What was the shipment? Was it big or just small stuff?
And, what are they going to offer a refund for?
For the shipping money, or for the price of the items?

Oh, wait a sec, you still did not pay any shipping money,
So the refund is the price of the money right?
How much is it?

#124 April 18 2015

Sup3r

AVOlio wrote:
Sup3r wrote:

What was the shipment? Was it big or just small stuff?
And, what are they going to offer a refund for?
For the shipping money, or for the price of the items?

Oh, wait a sec, you still did not pay any shipping money,
So the refund is the price of the money right?
How much is it?

it was samsung ssd 850 pro 512 gb

#125 April 18 2015

Johnaudi

If a laptop costs 2400$ + 200 Shipping, any idea how much I should pay for customs + VAT on arrival? Thank you.

Board footer