LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 December 30 2014

m0ei

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

That's a complete ripoff... Fuck DHL. You shouldn't have payed any sort of customs on books.

if you went with Shop and Ship (Aramex), you would have payed around 45$ for a 5 pounds book ~= 2.5kg, that's around 45$. I ordered books multiple times using Shop and Ship, I have never paid a single dime on customs or clearances. (Ordering books using Shop and Ship isn't a good idea given that books are a bit heavy)

Also, I'm pretty sure Antoine sells CCNA books, a friend of mine bought one some time ago.

Last edited by m0ei (December 30 2014)

#77 December 31 2014

NAM

I had four items shipped from amazon by dot.com.lb "sorry for not having pictures":

1) Msi gtx 970 gaming 4g (estimated on site for 360$)
2) Poker shuffler (estimated on site for 15$)
3) ARCTIC Freezer 13 Limited Edition (estimated on site for 40$)
4) Dual docking station that works offline (estimated on site for 35$)

Grand total "from amazon": 450$
Grand total paid "at dot.com.lb": 555$
150$ was paid down payment

The order was confirmed on the 24/11/2014, he actually forgot to notify me when the package arrived, so upon further investigation, his container arrived to lebanon and cleared the customs on 15/12/2014, but for this misunderstanding i got my package "not a scratch on them" on 22/12/2014.

All in all it was good, if you have a lot of time on you, and you don't care for tracking the package, i highly recommend dot.com.lb

#78 January 16 2015

dio

I've been ordering from Amazon for a few years, in fact, I'm an Amazon Prime member, but one thing still pisses me off, it's that there is no way to tell how much Customs will be charging you for a particular item.

I mean, if you use Shop n Ship, you can figure out the charges, but does ANYONE at all, in all their experiences have some sort of way to accurately foresee or calculate how much Customs will be charging you upon arrival? And their website doesn't really help because it's like it hasn't been updated since 1992.

Any information on this matter will certainly be appreciated.

#79 January 25 2015

Sup3r

NAM wrote:

I had four items shipped from amazon by dot.com.lb "sorry for not having pictures":

1) Msi gtx 970 gaming 4g (estimated on site for 360$)
2) Poker shuffler (estimated on site for 15$)
3) ARCTIC Freezer 13 Limited Edition (estimated on site for 40$)
4) Dual docking station that works offline (estimated on site for 35$)

Grand total "from amazon": 450$
Grand total paid "at dot.com.lb": 555$
150$ was paid down payment

The order was confirmed on the 24/11/2014, he actually forgot to notify me when the package arrived, so upon further investigation, his container arrived to lebanon and cleared the customs on 15/12/2014, but for this misunderstanding i got my package "not a scratch on them" on 22/12/2014.

All in all it was good, if you have a lot of time on you, and you don't care for tracking the package, i highly recommend dot.com.lb

You didn't pay customs?

#80 January 26 2015

NAM

NO EXTRA PAYMENTS ... Everything was included in the prices given .. so what i paid was 555$ minus 450$ (the actual price on amazon) = 105$ is the difference for shipping and customs and TVA .. i think this is the best deal if you can handle not tracking your stuff

I don't really know how they calculated the 105$ charges but i am very satisfied :)

#81 January 26 2015

Sup3r

NAM wrote:

NO EXTRA PAYMENTS ... Everything was included in the prices given .. so what i paid was 555$ minus 450$ (the actual price on amazon) = 105$ is the difference for shipping and customs and TVA .. i think this is the best deal if you can handle not tracking your stuff

I don't really know how they calculated the 105$ charges but i am very satisfied :)

Thanks!
How do you about ordering? Yesterday I contacted them on their email inquiring as their isn't anything relevant on their website, at the time of this post, their's no reply.

Last edited by Sup3r (January 26 2015)

#82 January 26 2015

NAM

I went there and i talked to Mr. Charbel Abou Zeid (email: charbel@dot.com.lb) he usually opens his email late at night about 11-12 pm.
I think it is better to go and talk to him directly and put a down payment on the merchandise, then you can call him at 7-8 pm upon confirming your items on email just to "remind" him (number: 009613778997).

It is not that you are harassing him .. it is just you want to make sure your items are purchased on time from amazon (cause prices on amazon fluctuate if i waited till the next day to order the gtx 970 it would have become 399$ instead of 360$)

#83 January 27 2015

MahmoudYounes

I bought an iPhone charging chip from eBay using iShip.me . They buy the item using their paypal account and ship to a US address then after 10-15 days it arrives to Lebanon (as shown in their website). You just place a buy for me order they ask you the the link to the item,name,approximate weight, price and although not used your username and password. The order was on December 23. On January 2 i called them and they said that it arrived at the US address and it needs 10-15 days to arrive "at your doorstep". I checked my online account but it didn't show that my product arrived or provide and way of tracking. Tried to call them few times after 4 since my classes end late but no one answered. Today i called, and the man was like your package has arrived 2 weeks ago and we tried calling you more than 100 times ' aktar mn meet marra' but you didn't answer so I asked when will I receive it and they re-asked for my address(it was provided when I signed up) and then he said there will be a 12$ delivery charge since I'm not in Beirut plus the minimum they charge for shipping and hopefully customs + VAT 15$. (My item costs only 9$ on eBay and it's probably 0.1 kg only). I'll post a picture of the package and a summary of all costs when it's received.

Last edited by MahmoudYounes (January 27 2015)

#84 January 27 2015

m0ei

You just got completely scammed.

Shop and Ship is better by a long shot and they don't charge for delivery. Also, if you're ordering something like that from ebay, you should've checked www.aliexpress.com

If I were you I would keep it with them, definitely I won't pay that much for a 9$ item.

Last edited by m0ei (January 27 2015)

#85 January 30 2015

MahmoudYounes

I searched for it on aliexpress and found the same picture of the one I bought from eBay. I know aliexpress sometimes gets pictures and does copies of them. What I'm getting is a chip for inside the phone not just an accessory( PCB) so i couldn't risk getting a fake one from aliexpress. This is the first time I buy and ship online and definitely the last time I use IShip ( Trust me there service sucks). I still didn't receive it and when I was giving them directions they didn't know where patisserie Cremino airport road was. I'm calling back tomorrow and letting them know that they should seriously do sowething or they will lose their customers sooner or later.

#86 February 6 2015

Sup3r

Hey!

I just received a message to my email that my shipment have been received from Amazon to my suite address, although their's something wrong with it, can anyone clarify if the Content is closely inspected by B0rd3rL1nx? 

Here's what I ordered:

Samsung 850 Pro 512GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-512GB-2-5 … 00LF10KTO/

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance … 006EWUO22/

I recieved an email from BrdrLnx(name encrypted on purpose!) was:

Dear XXX,

We have received a new delivery today to your BrdrLnx suite .

Here are the details:
Shipper: AMAZON
Shippers ref: random integer

Content:
- 2 x external solid state drive (SAMSUNG SOLID STATE DRIVE )

Value:

USD 400.00

Package size (Wxlxh - in):
7.0x3.0x10.0

Real wt. Vol wt. (kg):

I'm not sure I ordered 2x / external, Lol?
I tried to compare package size shown in the above quote with the product dimensions for both(RAM & SSD) that I ordered on Amazon, it didn't make sense?

I choose from Amazon when ordering (wrap in one package + don't show invoice + wrap as gift)
what do you guys think? I'm liking the estimated value, although not the content.

If I contacted them, they'll probably prompt me to send a screenshot of the invoice I received from Amazon to correct it, possibly adding more to their estimated value which I don't want happening.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it doesn't differ that much in the estimated value, ha just got excited I guess lol, I just contacted them and'll see how it goes, I'll update with as much details I can.

*Mods please move this to Lobby < Shipping from abroad.

Last edited by Sup3r (February 6 2015)

#87 February 6 2015

Ramnesia

is the price more than what is estimated?

#88 February 6 2015

Sup3r

Ramnesia wrote:

is the price more than what is estimated?

More by 57$

Last edited by Sup3r (February 6 2015)

#89 February 6 2015

Ramnesia

My advice is either way you need to contact them and correct the items description in your shipment and the most important thing is to correct the estimated price because if customs knew about the real price they wont make things easy.

#90 February 7 2015

Duath

As Ramnesia said,  you need to contact them,  it happened to me once,  i bought a mobo and rams, the description  on their website was combo + cpu,  the price was more by 300+$, so be careful.

#91 February 7 2015

Sup3r

Duath wrote:

As Ramnesia said,  you need to contact them,  it happened to me once,  i bought a mobo and rams, the description  on their website was combo + cpu,  the price was more by 300+$, so be careful.

I did already, after you contacted them did they sort it out? was it just wrong description?

#92 February 7 2015

Duath

Sup3r wrote:
Duath wrote:

I did already, after you contacted them did they sort it out? was it just wrong description?

They asked me to send them the invoices,  and they fixed it in 24 hours.

#93 February 7 2015

AVOlio

It doesn't really matter what they put on the estimated value.
For the second gpu I shipped, which I did not pay anything for it, but they have to put some price in there right.
I showed them them order details of the gpu from Amazon, and Amazon already refunded me quite some amount of money because the first one was defective.
So the price after the refunds and everything was about 280$.
I contacted them and told them like that, And they changed the estimated value price to 280$ also.
However, when u received the second gpu, I still paid the same amount of money just like when I paid for the first one in which the value was about 629.99$.

So the estimated value does not matter.
It's the people at the customs that matter.

#94 February 7 2015

Sup3r

AVOlio wrote:

It doesn't really matter what they put on the estimated value.
For the second gpu I shipped, which I did not pay anything for it, but they have to put some price in there right.
I showed them them order details of the gpu from Amazon, and Amazon already refunded me quite some amount of money because the first one was defective.
So the price after the refunds and everything was about 280$.
I contacted them and told them like that, And they changed the estimated value price to 280$ also.
However, when u received the second gpu, I still paid the same amount of money just like when I paid for the first one in which the value was about 629.99$.

So the estimated value does not matter.
It's the people at the customs that matter.

Thanks,
I'm considering an MSI 980 GTX next, how much did customs charge on 629.99$. value (and all-in-all cost) for the first one?

#95 February 7 2015

Ramnesia

When it comes to customs I really don't know how much % they use of their brains, sometimes they check prices sometimes they don't, we can't predict that, that's why the claimed price should be exactly as stated on invoice, if customs find out they will think you are fixing the price to pay less. Which is illegal.

#96 February 7 2015

AVOlio

@super
The  amount of shipping customs and everything to pay for a gpu priced at 629.99$ will be something like 160-170$.

#97 February 11 2015

A.L

hello everyone,
i recently ordered a oneplus one case from aliexpress, and earphones from dealextreme, it was my first time ordering anything online so i have a couple of questions.
will my credit card information be vulnerable in anyway?
in the order from aliexpress the processing time is  7 days will it take 7 days to process or can it go faster?
the earphones from DX are 24 hours shipping to lebanon will they process it in 24 hours really, and does the shipping take more than 10 days?
thank you.

#98 February 12 2015

LifeEngineer

A.L wrote:

hello everyone,
i recently ordered a oneplus one case from aliexpress, and earphones from dealextreme, it was my first time ordering anything online so i have a couple of questions.
will my credit card information be vulnerable in anyway?
in the order from aliexpress the processing time is  7 days will it take 7 days to process or can it go faster?
the earphones from DX are 24 hours shipping to lebanon will they process it in 24 hours really, and does the shipping take more than 10 days?
thank you.

I ordered too some cases for my Oneplus one and a earphone!

Well I'm not sure about the credit card information thing! In my opinion, it's not vulnerable! Such big companies cannot afford such risks of damaging their image and reputation.

You can get another credit card only for online use! Most banks present this option now!

No the processing time is usually 1 or 2 days maximum. I've bought like 30 items from Ali express and not once the processing took more than 2 days.

About the DX express shipping, honestly I've never tried it but I supposed yes it can be that fast since it's paid!

#99 February 12 2015

A.L

oh what cases did you order? and what earphone?
i contacted the seller he said that they are on holiday, although the chinese new year is from 18-25( according to aliexpress's website)

#100 February 13 2015

LifeEngineer

I ordered this one (black one), very nice and true to OPO design:
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6403 … 8796701751

And this one for additional protection:
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6360 … 8271131751

Although I wanted to order the original OPO earphone, my friend convinced me to get the Apple earpods being the best budget earphones, so I got it from here for 20$ since it's for 18$ on aliexpress.

I still ordered this cheap one because it's red :)
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6417 … 4736471751

Board footer