LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#801 February 1 2022

zizo99

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

HzSamer wrote:

S&S has a new design for the website. Also, they changed their rate a bit for the USA.

https://i.ibb.co/DCMdYkh/sands.png

I saved the old rate to compare them to the new ones. Keep in mind that I have S&S Flex Membership, so you will get the best shipping fees.

https://i.ibb.co/JC2pRBJ/rates.png

Hmm, around 25$/kg
I guess eve have now better shipping fees rates, maybe?

Last edited by zizo99 (February 1 2022)

#802 February 1 2022

HzSamer

zizo99 wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

S&S has a new design for the website. Also, they changed their rate a bit for the USA.

https://i.ibb.co/DCMdYkh/sands.png

I saved the old rate to compare them to the new ones. Keep in mind that I have S&S Flex Membership, so you will get the best shipping fees.

https://i.ibb.co/JC2pRBJ/rates.png

Hmm, around 25$/kg
I guess eve have now better shipping fees rates, maybe?

They are the same now. I didn't use eve before and I don't know their fees, but I think S&S is faster.

Use the calculator here:
https://new.shopandship.com/en/rateandfees

sskg.png

#803 February 8 2022

xerxes

Hello fellas,

My cousin is coming from USA April 18 and he can buy and  bring small stuff if you want for a fee.

if anyone is interested dm me.

#804 February 8 2022

infiniteloop

Can he bring an oculus Quest 2 or the box is too big?

#805 February 8 2022

xerxes

infiniteloop wrote:

Can he bring an oculus Quest 2 or the box is too big?

i think it's manageable

#806 April 5 2022

HzSamer

Shop & Ship has a discount on their membership during Ramadan

FLEX membership for 25 USD only instead of 45 USD/Year
Basic membership is free for a lifetime.

#807 April 19 2022

zizo99

Hi.

As many of you know, Amazon charges you extra taxes on your purchases.
According to an article, you can message Amazon with the information that your goods are shipped outside of the U.S. and they will refund the taxes.

is that right?

#808 April 19 2022

AVOlio

zizo99 wrote:

Hi.

According to an article, you can message Amazon with the information that your goods are shipped outside of the U.S. and they will refund the taxes.

is that right?

Yes that's correct.
You'll pay the taxes first, no way around that.

And once you receive the shipment, you need to send them all shipment details like the invoice, tracking number, shipping label etc...
Then they will refund you as Amazon credit.

#809 April 26 2022

zizo99

AVOlio wrote:
zizo99 wrote:

Hi.

is that right?

Yes that's correct.
You'll pay the taxes first, no way around that.

And once you receive the shipment, you need to send them all shipment details like the invoice, tracking number, shipping label etc...
Then they will refund you as Amazon credit.

I wish I had known that a long time ago. That's something I should do every time and for every item, right?

So what would I send them specifically?

#810 May 22 2022

ironman

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine wants to ship a small Bose portable speaker from the to US to Lebanon. (He already shipped it to a friend's house but this person will not be coming to Lebanon anytime soon).

Any recommended shipping service? (I have no idea whether ShopandShip would work in this case, since the speaker has already been shipped)

Thanks

#811 May 22 2022

NuclearVision

Yes shopandship would work, his friend should ship it to shopandship usa address and I find their fees very reasonable and quick!
It is important to note that if you’re gonna use it for >3 times, consider flex, its 25$ but it will save you tons of money on the long run as you pay per 100g instead of per 500.

#812 September 16 2022

NuclearVision

anybody got dhjl express shipment recently?
what are fees to be paid? 1500 rate?

#813 September 16 2022

nuclearcat

As i heard they request cash USD, but notification was from DHL Easyshop, which is a bit different that regular DHL:

Dear EasyShop Customer,

The DHL Easyshop shipment release process will change starting 19 August:

-  You will only be able to settle Shipping charges directly online in fresh USD.
-  Duties and Clearance charges will be collected in cash upon delivery in Lebanon either in USD or in LBP.

In the meantime, we are still accepting both USD and LBP Payments until 18 August, therefore if you have shipments currently in your suite, it is advised that you release the shipments before the system changes.

I suggest to call them: Phone     01 629700

#814 September 16 2022

DNA

NuclearVision wrote:

anybody got dhjl express shipment recently?
what are fees to be paid? 1500 rate?

This is for DHL Express.

Dear Valued Customer,                                                                                                                                                 
Our exchange rate has been adjusted to 34,000 LBP to 1 USD.  This will take immediate effect. The rate will be applied to the payment date and not the date that your shipment is collected.

A rate of 8,000 LBP to 1 USD will be applied to Clearance Charges, VAT on Clearance Charges and to DHL Express Issued Delivery Orders.

Thank you for your understanding.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Sincerely,
DHL Express

Last edited by DNA (September 16 2022)

#815 September 28 2022

Dan28

DNA wrote:

A rate of 8,000 LBP to 1 USD will be applied to Clearance Charges, VAT on Clearance Charges and to DHL Express Issued Delivery Orders.

Thank you for your understanding.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Sincerely,
DHL Express

Old news. They used to charge all of these fees on their site at the 8000 rate, or fresh USD if you select USD as payment, which was robbery. Now they only charge for shipping in USD. You pay the clearance and taxes in LBP at the 1500 rate upon delivery. They haven't updated their email notifications yet, still says 8000. I made like 6-7 amazon orders in the past 40 days, all the taxes were paid at the 1500 rate. I assume it will be updated to 15000 LBP at the end of October, due to the decision of the central bank and the ministry of finance.

#816 October 16 2022

NuclearVision

I recently shipped a 300$ watch with aramex, it was held at customs for being ‘high value’ item
I received a call from them that I choose to clear it my self(25$ permit to clear?? + other charges) , or they could clear it for 2109000 + import fees.
It’s weird because i’ve ordered more expensive things in the past and didn’t have to go through this, everything in the past i paid customs for using the usual formula which is vat and customs based on LBP
am i being ripped off?
Why should i pay i usd if i choose to clear it my self.

Note; i shipped another item with fedex last month and didn’t have a similar issue.

Last edited by NuclearVision (October 16 2022)

#817 October 16 2022

Dan28

NuclearVision wrote:

I recently shipped a 300$ watch with aramex, it was held at customs for being ‘high value’ item
I received a call from them that I choose to clear it my self(25$ permit to clear?? + other charges) , or they could clear it for 2109000 + import fees.
It’s weird because i’ve ordered more expensive things in the past and didn’t have to go through this, everything in the past i paid customs for using the usual formula which is vat and customs based on LBP
am i being ripped off?
Why should i pay i usd if i choose to clear it my self.

Note; i shipped another item with fedex last month and didn’t have a similar issue.

I ordered RTX 3080 Ti which is much higher value. Customs were paid by DHL, they delivered it to my address and i paid the customs at 1500 upon delivery.
IMG-4320.jpg

Last edited by Dan28 (October 16 2022)

#818 October 16 2022

NuclearVision

yes, dan, it seems I am getting misled/misinformed at least, or ripped off.
Could anyone else chime in.
Has anyone recently cleared duties them selves?
if its gonna cost me 80$. I'd rather do it myself and pay 400-500 alf.

#819 November 2 2022

NuclearVision

any news about new customs rate and if it being used already? anyone got any package recently ?

#820 November 6 2022

unbreakable

Hello,

Is there any provider that ships a phone from amazon?
I would like to get the pixel 6a and it’s on sale on amazon for 299 while the cheapest i could find here is 450

#821 November 6 2022

NuclearVision

unbreakable wrote:

Hello,

Is there any provider that ships a phone from amazon?
I would like to get the pixel 6a and it’s on sale on amazon for 299 while the cheapest i could find here is 450

Wait till 11.11, go to aliexpress look for it, use promo code 11SPROMOS31
It should become cheaper than amazon.
You can aslo ask seller to declare lower value for the changce to pay less customs if any.

#822 November 7 2022

infiniteloop

Are the customs still at 1515?
I will perhaps buy a jacket online but I wonder if customs are still at 1515 or they raised them to 15000?

#823 November 8 2022

NuclearVision

infiniteloop wrote:

Are the customs still at 1515?
I will perhaps buy a jacket online but I wonder if customs are still at 1515 or they raised them to 15000?

still, at least for now.

#824 November 28 2022

specility

Sharing experience:

Friend sent me steam deck from germany via deutsche post/liban post.

Item price: 675$
Shipping price: ~50$ (express)

Home Service Delivery Fees: 80,000 LBP
Administrative Fees: 9000 LBP
VAT 11%: 990 LBP
Other Fees-45: 33,000 LBP
Other Fees-46: 4,000 LBP
Customs: 188,000 LBP

Total Fees (liban post + customs): 315,000 LBP

Delivery time: A bit over two weeks

Item arrived in great condition with no issues.

can confirm that customs are still on 1515 for now

#825 November 28 2022

Kareem

This will change on the 1st of December. It's confirmed and the rate will be 15,000 LL

Board footer