LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#626 August 17 2020

joe2k17

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

Hello, I have ordered multiple stuff from ALI Express like on month ago, still didn't receive them , anyone has received imported stuff from Ali Express after Beirut Explosion ? I am not sure if they are shipped by AIR or Sea...

#627 August 18 2020

joe2k17

Hello, Package received yesterday from ALI Express.

#628 August 21 2020

NuclearVision

anybody knows what is ups disbursement fees?
Looks like theft to me?

#629 August 21 2020

infiniteloop

joe2k17 wrote:

Hello, I have ordered multiple stuff from ALI Express like on month ago, still didn't receive them , anyone has received imported stuff from Ali Express after Beirut Explosion ? I am not sure if they are shipped by AIR or Sea...

I doubt it's by boat, they always mention by plane but they pass by India and UAE before reaching us and they stock them there several days/weeks until they get sufficient amount.
New Delhi airport was totally closed for 2 months causing huge delays.
Now it's not as ''fast'' as before which was about 2 to 4 weeks between China and Lebanon but not too slow either, it's taking about 4 to 8 weeks on China post airmail and AE standard shipping.
What is weird is why they don't accept to send from Turkey, they have a huge stock there as well as in Poland but they still oblige us to buy from China

#630 September 6 2020

NuclearVision

How long does Shopandship take to ship something from the states to our region?

#631 September 6 2020

nosense

NuclearVision wrote:

10-14 days

#632 September 6 2020

NuclearVision

nosense wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

10-14 days

uf thats kind of long, seems like i'll pay at the 3500 rate after all.

#633 September 6 2020

infiniteloop

I think they take that long since coronavirus, I heard they were faster before

#634 September 7 2020

xazbrat

Anyone having issues with iherb---I placed an order in July and it mysteriously got to Germany and then got returned to them, like Lebanon doesn't exist.  DHL shipped it to Germany and apparently was unable find another carrier to take it the rest of the way and it was returned.  They were cool about it and just got a refund, but wondering if anyone else is having issues.

#635 September 14 2020

Duath

xazbrat wrote:

Anyone having issues with iherb---I placed an order in July and it mysteriously got to Germany and then got returned to them, like Lebanon doesn't exist.  DHL shipped it to Germany and apparently was unable find another carrier to take it the rest of the way and it was returned.  They were cool about it and just got a refund, but wondering if anyone else is having issues.

Not exactly an iherb issue, but i had the same issue with an order, they couldn't find any carrier to transport it to Lebanon

#636 September 25 2020

NuclearVision

I'm still having the same issue, no one will ship to Lebanon, not from china not the states not europe.
Whats wrong??

#637 September 26 2020

NuclearVision

What's funnier: i contacted dhl and libanpost and both say there's no problem, No carrier will ship anything to Lebanon, Not from the states, not china, not europe.

Update: foreign carriers blame the beirut explosion (namely usps and china post), I don't understand how does the port explosion affect airmail.

Last edited by NuclearVision (September 26 2020)

#638 September 26 2020

xazbrat

NuclearVision wrote:

What's funnier: i contacted dhl and libanpost and both say there's no problem, No carrier will ship anything to Lebanon, Not from the states, not china, not europe.

Update: foreign carriers blame the beirut explosion (namely usps and china post), I don't understand how does the port explosion affect airmail.

I am getting things at least through DHL----it does seem that there is an issue shipping from Europe and the States though---I used to have shipments come in directly from the US or UK to me, but now they are all routed through the UAE first.  It has taken a bit longer than it used to, but it still makes it here, eventually.

#639 September 26 2020

TheIlluminative

xazbrat wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

I am getting things at least through DHL----it does seem that there is an issue shipping from Europe and the States though---I used to have shipments come in directly from the US or UK to me, but now they are all routed through the UAE first.  It has taken a bit longer than it used to, but it still makes it here, eventually.

It's always been the case with DHL, if you order something from US it either go to UAE or Bahrain. They don't ship directly to Beirut.

#640 September 26 2020

NuclearVision

TheIlluminative wrote:
xazbrat wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

It's always been the case with DHL, if you order something from US it either go to UAE or Bahrain. They don't ship directly to Beirut.

Same thing with usps, which adds to the confusion.

#641 October 2 2020

NuclearVision

has anyone been able to buy something from aliexpress recently that shipped to lebanon via china post or equivalent ?
Did you receive it/ has it left china?
Thank you.

#642 October 2 2020

infiniteloop

Yep received 2 items
Its longer than usual but still acceptable (1 to 2months)
Unfortunately only 10% of items on AE have this option now, all the rest are stillusing DHL and EMS God knows why

#643 October 2 2020

NuclearVision

many items are showing the shipping option but i don't wanna pay and the item gets returned, already happened twice.

#644 October 5 2020

nuclearcat

DHL(Easyshop)
Dear EasyShop Customer,

In view of the current financial situation, DHL Express will continue to accept Online payment in both U.S. Dollars and Lebanese Pounds subject to an exchange rate of  LBP 7,500.00 to USD 1.00 for Shipping Charges, Fuel Surcharge, Emergency Surcharge, Insurance and Clearance charges. Customs Duties, V.A.T., Stamps and all other official fees will remain at the exchange rate of LBP 1,507.5 to USD 1.00 . This will take effect as of today Monday the 5th  of October, 2020.

This rate is subject to further adjustments.

#645 October 7 2020

HzSamer

Today I received a shipment with DHL from Dubai

Its Value is 108$ and the customs valued it 163000LL.

I paid 37.85$ clearence fees for DHL @7500LL rate = 240000LL
There were no customs or any other fees.

All my items were bought from Amazon USA. I used boxit4me.com to ship them to Lebanon, so first, they shipped them to Dubai, then sent them to Lebanon from there. Avoid this company as the packaging was not good, they didn't put my items in a box at all. And the customer support is bad and some people lost some of their items.

1-1.jpg 1-2.jpg

I asked DHL how they calculate the clearance fees so they told me:

1. Customs value the shipment in LL and chargd you their fess
2. You will pay 11% VAT for (Customs fees+ Shipment Value)
2. DHL charges you clearance fees depending on a table for each price that the custom set for the shipments. For a range between 750k- 1M LL you will pay 59$ @7500LL rate
and for 1M-1.5MLL you will pay 80$. You can ask them about that on the phone.

Also, there will be 11% VAT for the clearance fees and stamp fees.  You can check my receipt to review that.

IMG-20201007-213308.jpg

And I told them that there is no custom fees for PC Parts on the website of the customs but they told me that they charge 8% for that.

So, it depends on how much the customs will value your shipment.

#646 October 7 2020

NuclearVision

I don't get it, why do they charge usd for clearance?
I may understand if it was shipping charges, but clearance??

#647 October 7 2020

HzSamer

NuclearVision wrote:

I dont get it, why do they charge usd for clearance ???
I may understand if it was shipping charges, but clearance??

I don't know but they charge USD or LL @7500. Not only USD.
Fedex @3000
Aramex @3500

#648 October 7 2020

beezer

I'm wondering what would happen if you took your goods and paid them at the official rate.

Hold future shipments, okay, what else?

#649 October 8 2020

zizo99

isn't shopandship still at 1515 rate?

#650 October 11 2020

catdotgif

For those thinking of ordering from Beirutronics as it's "local" be aware that they don't actually have any stock in Lebanon.  When you place an order they import it for you.  That being said I got my item within 5 days for the price agreed upon.   I was willing to pay the markup they charge as I needed it quickly.  Also I didn't get all of my items, but the missing item was a heatsink worth $1 and they were giving me the runaround so I just gave up.

Board footer