LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#601 June 19 2020

Ricin

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

I have no idea where to start, and I'm scared to order from abroad. Can someone with experience share where I can gethe cheapest method? I can't seem to find an exact method to order from eBay.

#602 June 20 2020

nefe_lpmk

surfer12 wrote:

Hello guys,

What shipping methods should one choose on Aliexpress to avoid taxes?
On a given item, I only have "Aramex" option. Is that any good?

Thanks!

Use China Mail (or similar) or Ali express Standard shipping.
Don't use Aramex or similar as it you will pay customs,TVA and all that.

#603 June 20 2020

surfer12

nefe_lpmk wrote:
surfer12 wrote:

Hello guys,

Thanks!

Use China Mail (or similar) or Ali express Standard shipping.
Don't use Aramex or similar as it you will pay customs,TVA and all that.

Awesome thanks for the quick reply!

#604 June 21 2020

NuclearVision

Guys, let's say i have an item shipped through DHL and the fees i have to pay upon receipt are very high, could i just refuse the package? will they send it back to sender for free?
Also, I can pay the fees with LBP right ?

Last edited by NuclearVision (June 21 2020)

#605 June 21 2020

Aly

NuclearVision wrote:

Guys, let's say i have an item shipped through DHL and the fees i have to pay upon receipt are very high, could i just refuse the package? will they send it back to sender for free?

No it doesn't work that way for international packages, DHL wont ship it back and bare the fees themselves, it will be considered an unclaimed package and will be destroyed (I doubt they do that in Lebanon, someone will take it home and enjoy it) and your international seller wont refund you the money since he will never receive the item back, so refusing your shipment is not an option for international packages.
On the bright side the fees are paid in LBP (Customs / taxes / clearance).

#606 June 21 2020

Aly

surfer12 wrote:

Hello guys,

Thanks!

You will pay fees with Aramex.
To avoid these fees try to find a seller having those shipping methods:
China Post Airmail
China Post Small Packet
Singapore Post
Aliexpress Standard Shipping
The list goes one, but I can only remember those ...

#607 June 21 2020

NuclearVision

Aly wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

No it doesn't work that way for international packages, DHL wont ship it back and bare the fees themselves, it will be considered an unclaimed package and will be destroyed (I doubt they do that in Lebanon, someone will take it home and enjoy it) and your international seller wont refund you the money since he will never receive the item back, so refusing your shipment is not an option for international packages.
On the bright side the fees are paid in LBP (Customs / taxes / clearance).

thanks for info.
It wasn't my fault, seller marked royal post, then used dhl (which i never use because I know they rip people off) if its like 50k i'll pay it, otherwise, i'll try to negotiate the seller for partial refund or send another using royal post.

#608 June 22 2020

Madslm

my order from the Uk took six days to reach distribution center, wasn't even passed to customs, do you think they just trust UK sellers to put the real value on the parcel?
parcel bbcode test

Last edited by Madslm (June 22 2020)

#609 June 22 2020

AVOlio

Yes I also noticed this when I order a small package from the US.
it didn't even reach customs and was received at the distribution office quite quickly.

#610 June 23 2020

omar_killer

I have an Aramex Shop and Ship account, and I want to order a package from the US.

Do I use shop and ship or is Libanpost's Click and ship better?

Item is around 5lbs

#611 June 23 2020

NuclearVision

omar_killer wrote:

I have an Aramex Shop and Ship account, and I want to order a package from the US.

Do I use shop and ship or is Libanpost's Click and ship better?

Item is around 5lbs

I have an item stuck in usps for 90 days, i'm guessing thats what libanpost uses.
So if you want your item soon, the libanpost method is a no no.

#612 July 15 2020

HzSamer

I received a shipment from USA through Aramex. It took 14 days. The value of the shipment is 15$ and the delivery guy took 30000LB from my friend. He told him "بدي إسرق منك 30 ألف، هيك دفعنا للجمارك". There was no invoice for that so I think he ripped off my friend.

Can anyone confirm if Aramex gives you an invoice when they take any fees?

#Update:

I contacted them via phone and asked if there any customs fees, so they send the invoice to my email.

They set the value of the shipment to 30000LB, the customs fees were 6000 and 20721 handing fees with VAT 11% the total is 29000.

This is too much for a 15$. Usually, I use FedEx and they are a way cheaper.

aramex.png
IMG-20200714-181452.jpg

Last edited by HzSamer (July 15 2020)

#613 July 15 2020

NuclearVision

maybe call them?

#614 July 15 2020

xazbrat

Ask for them when you pay it and say your need a receipt from them, but for now, call them and use the excuse for a reciept.

#615 July 15 2020

xerxes

HzSamer wrote:

I received a shipment from USA through Aramex. It took 14 days. The value of the shipment is 15$ and the delivery guy took 30000LB from my friend. He told him "بدي إسرق منك 30 ألف، هيك دفعنا للجمارك". There was no invoice for that so I think he ripped off my friend.

Can anyone confirm if Aramex gives you an invoice when they take any fees?

https://i.ibb.co/zNBqjjH/aramex.png
https://i.ibb.co/D4bGTwm/IMG-20200714-181452.jpg

they always provided me with an invoice when they deliver something from Amazon USA

#616 July 15 2020

HzSamer

NuclearVision wrote:

maybe call them?

xazbrat wrote:

Ask for them when you pay it and say your need a receipt from them, but for now, call them and use the excuse for a reciept.

they always provided me with an invoice when they deliver something from Amazon USA

I contacted them via phone and asked if there any customs fees, so they send the invoice to my email.

They set the value of the shipment to 30000LB, the customs fees were 6000 and 20721 handing fees with VAT 11% the total is 29000.

This is too much for a 15$. Usually, I use FedEx and they are a way cheaper.

#617 July 15 2020

Boudz78

Hello! I so i ordered a dbrand skin last week For 17$(5$ shipping)and today I receive an Invoice from an aramex regarding customs clearance which was an ok 5000 L.L BUT “handling” costs around 29,000 L.L? Like at this point I'm paying for it being delivered more than the Item itself? Have anyone of you guys been through this before? Any recommendations b

#618 July 15 2020

m0ei

They're taking 22k LL from me, it's because of corona. They're renting a charter.

Add to this, their exchange rate is still 1500 LL per $, which is fair.

#619 July 16 2020

NuclearVision

Boudz78 wrote:

Hello! I so i ordered a dbrand skin last week For 17$(5$ shipping)and today I receive an Invoice from an aramex regarding customs clearance which was an ok 5000 L.L BUT “handling” costs around 29,000 L.L? Like at this point I'm paying for it being delivered more than the Item itself? Have anyone of you guys been through this before? Any recommendations b

I once had a chat with dbrand, i wanted to use their fedex option, they guarantee that you won't pay a penny other than what's shown on website.
That was 2 years ago, double check it.

#620 July 22 2020

NuclearVision

Guys, many courries in the world like usps etc, are still not shipping to Lebanon, although the airport has been open for like a month, didn't we inform the world that we opened our airport again?
It's weird

#621 July 31 2020

NuclearVision

Is there anyway to tell how much customs fees will i pay on delivery with ups/fedex? dhl shows the amount you have to pay online, they have a much nicer online interface.
i got a fedex package, and a ups package is delayed in dubai for 4 days now... And this is express ups....
edit: the products are replacement/parts, i wonder if these are subject to clearance and import fees.

Last edited by NuclearVision (July 31 2020)

#622 August 1 2020

infiniteloop

NuclearVision wrote:

Is there anyway to tell how much customs fees will i pay on delivery with ups/fedex? dhl shows the amount you have to pay online, they have a much nicer online interface.
i got a fedex package, and a ups package is delayed in dubai for 4 days now... And this is express ups....
edit: the products are replacement/parts, i wonder if these are subject to clearance and import fees.

For customs: 21% on everything but PC parts, these have only 11% VAT. Magazines and books don't have customs

#623 August 4 2020

NuclearVision

Ups parcel: duty of 6000lbp : they took a additional disbursement fee of 48000 seems like a small fixed dollar value. (real dollar hence the high LBP value).
Such thieves, I delt with dhl and fedex and didn't have to pay this kind of fee.
Avoid ups.

#624 August 15 2020

az09za90za

I'm planning to get a Dell xps from the US through Aramex's shopandship, it won't have an invoice but will be sent in its original package. Anyone has an idea how much I should expect as customs/handling fees? Is there anything to be worried about?

#625 August 17 2020

joe2k17

as far as i remember , it was long time, I have ordered small stuff before,  shopandship will ask you for a bill, otherwise they will estimate a price for it.
Considering it is a laptop, not sure they might or still doing the same.

Board footer