LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#951 August 19 2016

elserge82

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

NuclearVision wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Ok guys I broke a new record of speed!
It took only 5 days fro my BT controller to arrive from Beijing to Beirut, it's in the hands of the customs since yesterday.
I think the best season for buying from AE is summer

I'm averaging 8 days (from order to delivery), on ebay. From non chinese sellers, france, uk, japan.
Chinese delivery is the same on ebay.

How do you pay for the item? any customs?
I tried once using my Credit Card with no luck forcing me to have a paypall account

Last edited by elserge82 (August 19 2016)

#952 August 24 2016

NuclearVision

elserge82 wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Ok guys I broke a new record of speed!
It took only 5 days fro my BT controller to arrive from Beijing to Beirut, it's in the hands of the customs since yesterday.
I think the best season for buying from AE is summer

I'm averaging 8 days (from order to delivery), on ebay. From non chinese sellers, france, uk, japan.

I tried once using my Credit Card with no luck forcing me to have a paypall account

No customs. I Already made a topic explaining everything. Check it out. use search i'm too lazy to find it now.

#953 August 24 2016

elserge82

NuclearVision wrote:
elserge82 wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

No customs. I Already made a topic explaining everything. Check it out. use search i'm too lazy to find it now.

https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17260
ok thanks

#954 August 24 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

AE is good for small accessories like sd card reader,cables,VR headets, earphones...Ebay is the way to go for branded stuff like camera lens, clothes, mobiles...
Though be aware of tons of fake merchandise on ebay

#955 August 30 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Looks like best time to buy from AE is during summer time, everything is faster, in only 48h my items are already at the Chinese airport, one is even already in the plane, in winter it used to take at least 1 week inside China

#956 August 30 2016

Georges00

vegetaleb wrote:

Looks like best time to buy from AE is during summer time, everything is faster, in only 48h my items are already at the Chinese airport, one is even already in the plane, in winter it used to take at least 1 week inside China

Not just from China, my orders from the USA are faster too.

Last edited by Georges00 (September 8 2016)

#957 September 8 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

It's my 1st time I buy with Singapore airmail option and I must say I am impressed, tracking is more detailed than China airmail and with a better English, and the plane timing is fast (5 days).
Btw the day Alixpress will start selling branded items it will be super interesting, they have the cheapest original camera stuff like lenses in China,Singapore and Hong Kong, and I am talking original Canon,Nikon,Fujifilm...add to that the very cheap airmail :)

#958 September 8 2016

NuclearVision

vegetaleb wrote:

Btw the day Alixpress will start selling branded items it will be super interesting, they have the cheapest original camera stuff like lenses in China,Singapore and Hong Kong, and I am talking original Canon,Nikon,Fujifilm...add to that the very cheap airmail :)

Very unlikely.
Cheap airmail isn't just in china. airmail is relatively cheap everywhere. But some sellers refuse to use non tracked shipping/no insurance, knowing that the site has your back, they will have no proof of delivery and lose their money.
Still you can find items that ship for free, from russia, usa, germany etc. These are the bigger company who can tolerate a lost shipement, a buyer lying, etc. Shipping is super fast, but once again, there's no tracking/insurance.

#959 September 10 2016

dav

hi guys... just ordered an 800w pure sine wave inverter at 67$ plus 43$ shipping by aramex.. i agreed with the seller to mark it as low as 30$ and as a gift... the package will weigh around 3kgs... any idea if i will be charged for customs? i once got charged (25000LL) for a clock that weighs no more than 200g but marked with 45$ invoice and not as a gift... anyone got into this before? thanks!

#960 September 10 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

dav wrote:

hi guys... just ordered an 800w pure sine wave inverter at 67$ plus 43$ shipping by aramex.. i agreed with the seller to mark it as low as 30$ and as a gift... the package will weigh around 3kgs... any idea if i will be charged for customs? i once got charged (25000LL) for a clock that weighs no more than 200g but marked with 45$ invoice and not as a gift... anyone got into this before? thanks!

Aramax yes, only libanpost has free customs

#961 September 11 2016

dav

vegetaleb wrote:
dav wrote:

Aramax yes, only libanpost has free customs

the clock was delivered through libanpost...

#962 September 17 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

If you received a broken item how can you claim a dispute?
I clicked on ''open dispute'' but all I got is to send a message to the seller, he said he will resend the item for free in the coming 2 days...it was 6 days ago!
I sent him a new message saying I will put a very bad review if he doesn't resend free or refund, is that enough?

#963 September 27 2016

Bahij.M

Hey guys, i have a budget ( about 15k) and i was thinking of starting my own ecommerce in leb , i saw a lot of people buying from aliexpress without facing problems and for good prices , do you recommend buying from AE and selling here ? I mean like ishtari , he sells a lot and i found all his products on AE with like half the price, i am talking about accessories and electronics ( ranging from women bracelets bags necklaces etc .. To phone covers chargers cables etc and some other stuff like tools and car accessories) , i would like to know if i buy with a huge budget will i get charged here (gomrok) i never actually bought from AE but my friends always recommend it , any piece of advice would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited by Bahij.M (September 27 2016)

#964 September 27 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Bahij.M wrote:

Hey guys, i have a budget ( about 15k) and i was thinking of starting my own ecommerce in leb , i saw a lot of people buying from aliexpress without facing problems and for good prices , do you recommend buying from AE and selling here ? I mean like ishtari , he sells a lot and i found all his products on AE with like half the price, i am talking about accessories and electronics ( ranging from women bracelets bags necklaces etc .. To phone covers chargers cables etc and some other stuff like tools and car accessories) , i would like to know if i buy with a huge budget will i get charged here (gomrok) i never actually bought from AE but my friends always recommend it , any piece of advice would be appreciated thanks.

AE is really good for stuff like cables,adapters,earphones,VR headsets...But be aware that delivery period can vary a lot, in winter it used to be 1 month minimum for airmail and 2 months for small packet plus, during summer time it's 2x faster, I got a small packet plus in just 1 month, but anyway what I mean is that it's really random, you will face problems promising customers for the products coming soon while it can be weeks, unless you bring stocks of popular items that will surely be sold (cables and VR headsets for examples) and bring small amounts of other things without taking risks, then based on your sales you re-order before the stocks are under 50% of quantities

Last edited by vegetaleb (September 27 2016)

#965 October 10 2016

m0ei

How much time is it taking these days? I shipped some items that include batteries, they cost around 1000$ via China Post. Aramex refused to ship them because they include batteries.

Around 2 months ago, it took 12 days to arrive to Lebanon(no batteries though), yet this new one didn't show up yet, shipped from China on the 24th of last month.

Last edited by m0ei (October 10 2016)

#966 October 10 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Yep the golden period of summer is finished, it used to take 1 week to 10 days max between China and Beirut, now I am waiting for a screen protector which is in plane for 14 days, so I guess we are back to the old delivery time

#967 October 25 2016

joe_haddad_91

I have a question..
i have read in a previous post that if I ordered an item less than 200$ i won't pay custom fees
what if I ordered multiple items of the same product.. lets say a product value in 10$ and i ordered 10 items of same product from the same seller the total amount would be 10 x 10$ = 100 $
In that case Liban post will deliver my products? and will have to pay custom fees?
Thank you !!

#968 October 26 2016

Georges00

joe_haddad_91 wrote:

I have a question..
i have read in a previous post that if I ordered an item less than 200$ i won't pay custom fees
what if I ordered multiple items of the same product.. lets say a product value in 10$ and i ordered 10 items of same product from the same seller the total amount would be 10 x 10$ = 100 $
In that case Liban post will deliver my products? and will have to pay custom fees?
Thank you !!

It was 200,000LL
And it doesn't always apply.
It's really a gamble.

#969 October 26 2016

LifeEngineer

Yup a gamble!
I've been ordering cellphones since forever and never paid a dime!
2 days ago I received a new phone and I had to pay 21$ as custom fees! Weird!

#970 October 26 2016

Salloum

21$ for a phone is nothing, I bought 6 Spigen cases for my iPhone and they charged me 13$ customs. Complete rip off.

#971 October 26 2016

Brave_Heart

Salloum wrote:

21$ for a phone is nothing, I bought 6 Spigen cases for my iPhone and they charged me 13$ customs. Complete rip off.

spigen is the best

i ordered 4 iphone cases at 12 October. the status for now is picked up by china post :s. it didn't get out china yet. DHL Deliver to Kuwait from USA in 3 days only. ali express was ordered to Lebanon.

#972 October 27 2016

Hybrid

What's the exact process for paying customs?

Like Liban Post call you and you go there and pay?

#973 October 27 2016

Salloum

^ Money is collected when they deliver the package to you

#974 October 27 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Salloum wrote:

^ Money is collected when they deliver the package to you

Yep, like ''hi sir I have a good news, you owe us an extra 50$ for customs'' :)
This was my 1st experience with DHL BTW

#975 October 27 2016

nuclearcat

Sometimes i had to go to airport

Board footer