LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 26 2016

NuclearVision

Guide for Paying with Paypal in Lebanon

Okay!
I know some of you guys buy from aliexpress and other chinese sites, things that may come in handy.
But these take long time to reach us.
There's also the famous ebay site, on which there are worldwide sellers, french or british for instance, with super fast delivery.
But there is a problem, we can't use lebanese cards with paypal, which ebay uses as payment processor.
You might already know the trick, but i wanted to write a guide to make things clear and perhaps make some profit.
First of all, you need to go here. Sign up from here ! It's important, I'll explain later on why.
click sign up and enter your information, exact information including your delivery address to which Your payoneer card will be delivered.
It takes around 20 days, and comes in a letter.
You could also provide your driving license but that's not required i guess.
Now after signing up, you'll get an email and your application will be very soon approved.
After 20 days you'll get your plastic card.
Go to the website and log in, you'll be asked to enter Your card's information to make sure you really got it, and choose a pin.
Now this card can be used anywhere that paypal is accepted by simply choosing Pay with a card.
The only problem with this card is, they take 29$ annual fee.
But this is manageable, remember when you signed up with my link up there, that grantes you 25$ after you've deposited 100$ into the card. so the fee will be just 4$. (they claim i'll profit too, we'll see about that).
If you don't want to pay a fee, You can load your card with amounts lower(min is 20$) than 29$ and they won't take a fee.
Now to load the card login using your email and click receive. Enter one of your other emails.
They will basically send you a payment link, you can pay there with your lebanese credit card to feed your new international card.
Good luck.
Update: you can get a paypal account. Just open a uae account and enter your  pyoneer card info.
Upadte 2: hassle free methode, as elserge82 pointed out, it seems that entropay works equally with uae paypal accounts. entropay should be easier to use than payoneer as there is no physical card, so no waiting, and loading the card seems easier!

Last edited by NuclearVision (September 21 2016)

#2 July 27 2016

LifeEngineer

Re: Guide for Paying with Paypal in Lebanon

Great guide man! Thanks!

However it seems a bit long and complicated.

For a guy like me who barely needs to order anything on paypal (thank you AliExpress), do you think that you can do me a favor and buy something from your card to your address, and then we can meet and I'll pay you?

Just asking for future possibility; not that i need it now.

#3 July 27 2016

NuclearVision

i think i can, and ship it to your address too.
But i won't get involved in any refunds/return.
I got my card like 2 weeks ago, i still haven't paid the fee yet. We can try with 20$.
And I'll give you the link to pay me with your credit card.

Last edited by NuclearVision (July 27 2016)

#4 July 27 2016

chosen2k

So this allows us to pay whenever there's a paypal payment gateway.

The website is not really clear if there are fees while transferring money or withdrawing from the card or if there's a % per payment made....

#5 July 27 2016

NuclearVision

Yes there are.
There aren't any if making online payments.
There is that 29$ annual fee as i said, but you'll get 25$ if you use the link i included, so it's cut down to 4-5$.
There is a 3$ fee if withdrawing cash from ATM.
12$ if you lose your card and need a replacement. The card has a 3 years validity.
When you load the card there's a 3% fee.
Nothing huge.
They give you a virtual bank account, you can receive money on, no fees.
You cannot really "transfer" money, it's not like paypal, you can just pay with your card.
The only way to transfer money is force your receiver to sign up for payoneer.

Last edited by NuclearVision (July 27 2016)

#6 July 28 2016

TheIlluminative

But you forgot the most important step, how you can load your card? You cannot load it using another card, but it'll be loaded if you receive payments from "Freelancer.com, etc.." other websites (You need to offer services and get paid in order to get money in the card).

#7 July 28 2016

NuclearVision

TheIlluminative wrote:

But you forgot the most important step, how you can load your card? You cannot load it using another card, but it'll be loaded if you receive payments from "Freelancer.com, etc.." other websites (You need to offer services and get paid in order to get money in the card).

No.
You can request payements that are made by credit card.
You request bank transfer to your bank account.
Already done it.

Last edited by NuclearVision (July 28 2016)

#8 August 24 2016

mohammadk97

Just received my Payoneer card and successfully activated it, going to try and load on it.

#9 August 24 2016

NuclearVision

Try with minimum so they dont take the fee

#10 August 24 2016

Johnaudi

For your own safety, do not hold purchase/receive more than a hundred dollars or else PayPal will start requesting your ID.

#11 August 24 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Johnaudi wrote:

For your own safety, do not hold purchase/receive more than a hundred dollars or else PayPal will start requesting your ID.

230$ will be too much for both paypal and Lebanese customs?
Is the Free international shipping traceable and fast?

Last edited by vegetaleb (August 24 2016)

#12 August 25 2016

elserge82

vegetaleb wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

230$ will be too much for both paypal and Lebanese customs?
Is the Free international shipping traceable and fast?

I would love to know the answers for your questions. Please share your experience:)

#13 August 25 2016

NuclearVision

If you keep the money on your card, and use paypal just to process the card it is no problem, but i'm not sure you can retrieve your money, technically you use the card they send you in. atm machine but i've never done it.
As for shipping, it's just like aliexpress. Some are free shipping, some are low shipping with tracking etc... It's variable.
But one thing for sure, US and EU shipping are blazing fast, and they never spent a week in our airport, at least for me. US shipping is expensive though, minimum is 10$

#14 August 25 2016

NuclearVision

mohammadk97 wrote:

Just received my Payoneer card and successfully activated it, going to try and load on it.

Did you successfully load your card?

#15 August 25 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

What about ebay gift cards?
Can you buy from a website that accept esurf or other Lebanese prepaid cards Ebay gift cards and use them to buy something from ebay without passing from paypal?

#16 August 25 2016

NuclearVision

vegetaleb wrote:

What about ebay gift cards?
Can you buy from a website that accept esurf or other Lebanese prepaid cards Ebay gift cards and use them to buy something from ebay without passing from paypal?

No. You need a paypal account to use ebay cards.

#17 September 19 2016

elserge82

For opening a UAE account I need a +971 number

#18 September 19 2016

NuclearVision

random will work
there wasn't any verification when i created mine.

Last edited by NuclearVision (September 19 2016)

#19 September 19 2016

elserge82

I'd be very unlucky if i get robbed by this random number:P

#20 September 19 2016

NuclearVision

haha just try with an amount under 20$.
If you're using payonner watch out, read what i wrote about the fee.

#21 September 19 2016

elserge82

Hehe Yeah thank you for making everything crystal clear.
I was going to charge it with a 100 $ but i'm still waiting for some answers regarding ebay ( posted in the hardware section)

Again thank you for the info and for making this option possible to us.

#22 September 20 2016

elserge82

Loading money to this card is killing me:S
loaded it with 101$ but it is still pending, waiting for an approval (2 days and counting) (by the way NUCvision did you get some cashback from this?)
The item that i;m looking for on ebay is coming to end:( ( please disregard this comment just wanted to wine a little bit:S)

Status updated: to payments rejected :@

Last edited by elserge82 (September 20 2016)

#23 September 20 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Better go and live in any other country than Lebanon, this country is a joke controlled by fils a papa and milicias

#24 September 20 2016

NuclearVision

elserge82 wrote:

Loading money to this card is killing me:S
loaded it with 101$ but it is still pending, waiting for an approval (2 days and counting) (by the way NUCvision did you get some cashback from this?)
The item that i;m looking for on ebay is coming to end:( ( please disregard this comment just wanted to wine a little bit:S)

Status updated: to payments rejected :@

weird talk to your bank.

#25 September 20 2016

elserge82

It's not a bank issue.it was sort of my mistake. I've sent the payment request to myself (email)

Board footer