LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 9 2013

laloulaa

navigon middle east on android

Good day everyone,
I have spent a whole day trying to search for middle east version of navigon for my 4.3 nexus 4 and i cant find anything. On apple devices it's just sitting there as simple as that. I was wondering if someone already found a solution for it because i cant seem to find a satisfying gps software.

I was thinking if i install any version of navigon and manually add middle east maps (lebanon and ksa mainly) in the root files. Was wondering if someone have a solution for it and thank you.

#2 October 9 2013

LifeEngineer

Re: navigon middle east on android

Well I downloaded in the past an Android version of Navigon. Honestly it didn't work as expected: you can manually navigate (pan/zoom) the map but you cannot use driving routes or navigation I mean! I had Lebanon map too! I dunno if it was the map or the software that was bad.
Besides I didn't like the user interface.
Nowadays I use Copilot! It is free and you can download lebanon map for free too! https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ewer&hl=en

#3 October 9 2013

khatib1

@LifeEngineer Does route planning work on the Lebanese map? ie what benefits do I get over the default google maps in android?

#4 October 10 2013

laloulaa

Copilot does the job well but not as well as navigon or garmin (which baught the navigon app) but for the time being it will do the job flawlessly..thank you for your info..
I will appreciate if someone have a navigon middle east solution and thank you in advance.

Last edited by laloulaa (October 10 2013)

#5 October 10 2013

LifeEngineer

khatib1 wrote:

@LifeEngineer Does route planning work on the Lebanese map? ie what benefits do I get over the default google maps in android?

It works flawlessly.
Maps is online (needs internet)  while copilot is offline.

Board footer