LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 18 2013

john

iOS 7 released

Few hours away from the public release of iOS7, most likely 8pm Beirut time.
For those anticipating it, will you update your device right away, or wait for more refined 7.0.1?
Will you do it OTA (over the air) or using iTunes?
Any thoughts on iOS7? share them please without turning this to classic iOS/android battle.

#2 September 19 2013

Gamer

Re: iOS 7 released

you have to update iTunes to 11.1 with the radio feature. to upgrade your phone (i was 11.05)
On my phone it says that there is no new update, but on itunes it says ios7 is available, so i was going to update it but it is 1.24 GB in size) and I have to go to work in a couple of hours so i will wait till later tonight

#3 September 19 2013

ironman

just great, running ios 7 now :)
i advise you all to upgrade, the interface is great, and has many great features.

#4 September 19 2013

Gamer

I agree it is really nice using it, but needs a bit getting used to

#5 September 19 2013

supra

I'm planning on installing it. Can anybody give us a quick review on how iOS7 affects performance and battery life on iPhone 4 ?

#6 September 19 2013

Kassem

I tried updating to iOS7 on my iPad last night but I woke up today in the morning and it seems like the download cut off. Does using iTunes to download and install the update help in some way?

#7 September 19 2013

Nabs

I have downloaded all the firmware, in case someone needs them.

#8 September 20 2013

Gamer

iOS-7-Comparison-Chart-definitivo-1.jpg

Source

Bigger Image

Last edited by Gamer (September 20 2013)

#9 September 20 2013

samer
Admin

I tried updating to iOS7 on my iPad last night but I woke up today in the morning and it seems like the download cut off.

You can use wget to get the rest of the file.

wget -c --output-document="path/to/local_file" "http://appleserver.tld/firmeware.ipsw"

#10 September 20 2013

Roudykh

Be aware that iOS 7 will block uncertified lightning cables.

#11 September 20 2013

Kassem

Well I managed to download and install it over night. Some applications that I already had installed need to be updated because they kinda look out of order, but overall I actually like this update.

What are the three things you like most about this update?

#12 September 20 2013

john

was planing to update my phone using iTunes, but at 8 pm the update didnt show up there, even tho after i updated iTunes, so i did it OTA.
it took 1-2 hours to download, since apple servers where jammed, and only getting 100kbps download speed.
Still getting used to iOS7, control center (although i wish they added cellular data switch there ), air drop, new cam app and block contact, are pretty nice features i like so far  (and few more). And I dislike the calender.

Board footer