LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 April 15 2015

MrClass

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Game Thread

Anyone having Zlib call error? I have verified the game files and it looks like 8GB worth of files do not match the MD5 checksum; redownloading now -.-

#102 April 18 2015

nas93

I'm surprised no retailer got the physical version

#103 April 18 2015

AVOlio

Even if they have it, the price will be 30 lbp +.
I just asked about MKX today, it's 10$ it comes with 4 DVD 9's,the size is about 30Gb.
GTA is about 60GB.
Anyway I just took the files today from a friend, steam original download is the source.  And I started playing the game by downloading the crack.

#104 April 19 2015

MrClass

MrClass wrote:

Anyone having Zlib call error? I have verified the game files and it looks like 8GB worth of files do not match the MD5 checksum; redownloading now -.-

Zlib error fixed by redownloading the bad files. For everyone getting the game from steam, expect this issue to happen even with a single download session.

#105 April 19 2015

nas93

AVOlio wrote:

I just asked about MKX today, it's 10$ it comes with 4 DVD 9's,the size is about 30Gb.
GTA is about 60GB.
Anyway I just took the files today from a friend, steam original download is the source.  And I started playing the game by downloading the crack.

$10? If you have any respect towards gaming you will never buy a cracked game, obviously you don't.

#106 April 19 2015

nosense

nas93 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

GTA is about 60GB.

$10? If you have any respect towards gaming you will never buy a cracked game, obviously you don't.

there are many reasons you need to buy the dvd's:
1- you bought the game but can't download 60gb
2- you wanna test if the game works on your pc before buying it
3- wanna see if you enjoy playing it rather than spending 60$+ and playing it twice.

OR you just wanna play offline and you are okay with buying pirated games

#107 April 19 2015

Aly

nas93 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

GTA is about 60GB.

It is not a matter of respect or whatever, this game has different prices around the world from retailers, for example it is 29.99$ in Brazil, 29.99$ in China, 39.99$ in some European country (Forgot which one), I dont see why in Lebanon we should be paying the full price like in the US (59.99$) or elite EU countries (59.99 Euros), Lebanon is nowhere near these countries economically and the game should have a better price for third world countries, not to mention it is a 2 years old game and Rockstar treats pc gamers like shit.
Myself I am waiting for a Brazilian retailer to re-stock and will get it for 29 bucks (with VPN workaround), meanwhile I am playing the game and enjoying my non-legit copy.

#108 April 20 2015

samer
Admin

Guys, please stick to the topic. Some off-topic replies have been removed.

#109 April 26 2015

nosense

Playing the cracked game, I love it!  wanna buy a legit copy from steam,  how is the online game play anyone tried it?

#110 April 27 2015

bogdan22

If a buy a code (from g2a for 45$) but rather than downloading straight from Rockstar, can I buy a dvd copy and just enter the digital code? would that work and save me hassle of downloading 60 GB? in addition, would this game be playable online with our countries internet ( I have sodetel 8MB but having 3mb , 250 ms ping)

#111 April 27 2015

Aly

bogdan22 wrote:

If a buy a code (from g2a for 45$) but rather than downloading straight from Rockstar, can I buy a dvd copy and just enter the digital code? would that work and save me hassle of downloading 60 GB? in addition, would this game be playable online with our countries internet ( I have sodetel 8MB but having 3mb , 250 ms ping)

Yes it would work, those keys bought from third parties are only redeemable from Rockstar Games Social Club (not Steam), you can of course get the DVD version from local shops however I am not sure what those shops are selling, is it repack ? is it the retail version ? etc ...
Keep in mind if it is a repack you should try your luck with it, if it is the official retail version then you will need to download an additional 6GB DLCs, I believe you will be fine.
As for the second question, GTA is not a FPS game, ping is not critical like in COD or Battlefield,  it will be ok I guess but of course a ping below 100 ms will give you the best experience.

#112 April 29 2015

ch-b

I have core i7 3770 3.40 ghz 8 gb ram and gtx 560 ti can i run it? and if i can run it, On what settings?

#113 April 29 2015

Johnaudi

Not sure but I suppose you can run it on medium decently, because of the Ti. There's actually a website called "can you run it" try to give it a shot by including your system specs.

#114 April 29 2015

reppinhighz

Based on benchmarks, it will definitely run on Medium and likely to be smooth. The game is well optimized.

#115 April 29 2015

Aly

My brother's desktop is almost similar to yours, though your CPU is more powerful, he has i5 2500, 8GB Ram and GTX 560 Ti.
He can run GTA V with a very decent FPS (1440 x 900 resolution, settings ranging from normal to high, MSAA off, FXAA On, Grass normal or off) he can pull 50-60 FPS easily with this setup without compromising the graphics of course.
Make sure you have Update 3 for the game and Nvidia 350.12 drivers, you will be good to go.
PS: we have a topic dedicated for GTA V.

#116 April 29 2015

ch-b

Alright thanks for your help guys.

#117 April 29 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Is it worth installing the 60gb of this game?
I mean I never liked previous GTA games, I kinda finding them boring after 1 hour of playing as there in so other story but being the mafia king, I liked Watch Dog because even if silly at least there was a story and graphics are very good.
So is this GTA any different and more entertaining than previous ones?

#118 April 29 2015

Aly

vegetaleb wrote:

Is it worth installing the 60gb of this game?
I mean I never liked previous GTA games, I kinda finding them boring after 1 hour of playing as there in so other story but being the mafia king, I liked Watch Dog because even if silly at least there was a story and graphics are very good.
So is this GTA any different and more entertaining than previous ones?

Unlike many games, GTA takes years to develop, GTA IV was released in 2008 and V in 2015 it is a piece of art in my opinion though it might not be your type of games but it is definitely worth a try. If you have a high-end GPU / CPU go for it, you will like the graphics and game mechanics a lot, there is a lot of eye candy and graphical features, too many video settings to modify it even runs great on lower end systems. Mods started to roll, SweetFX, RealHD etc ... you can also experiment the 4k beauty (Nvidia DSR).

#119 May 4 2015

nosense

So I got the game through steam and I have downloaded the files through a torrent, but can't figure out how to replace the files, steam just starts from 0% anyway, any help would be appreciated

#120 May 4 2015

Ramnesia

Put them where your default steam library is, :\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto V, the game should be in the common folder.

#121 May 5 2015

nosense

Ramnesia wrote:

Put them where your default steam library is, :\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto V, the game should be in the common folder.

yeah I remembered it needed to be inside common folder, thanks for your reply.

#122 May 5 2015

Anthony2000

Did it work? I am planning on buying a pirated copy, then buy a serial code online so that i can have a legit copy with online features without downloading the huge files through steam. will it work that way?

#123 May 5 2015

nosense

Anthony2000 wrote:

Did it work? I am planning on buying a pirated copy, then buy a serial code online so that i can have a legit copy with online features without downloading the huge files through steam. will it work that way?

I will start with the process today, I expect it to download like 5 gb extra updates and will get back to you if it worked.

#124 May 6 2015

bermudapineapple

I was thinking of doing that but I'm too paranoid about any malware that may come with a pirated copy so I'm just downloading it from Steam. I've completed 18/59 GB so far.

#125 May 6 2015

nosense

like I predicted, the game verified the files and downloaded an extra 5 gb and the game is working like a charm

Board footer