LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 13 2013

Nemesis-301

Grand Theft Auto 5 - Game Thread

since gta 5 is coming out on september 17 we should have a thread to discuss about it. It is one of the most anticipated games and I am really excited about it.

now about the game it seems that it is gonna be a huge map and there is gonna be 3 playable characters to choose from, which you can later switch when playing...there are many awesome things about it.

I recommend you guys watch these 2 videos, if you want to know more about the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po2vCmZt2a8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0kaniD85gc

and here is a couple of gameplay videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6sep5baWmw

Thing that sucks is rockstar will be releasing it on ps3 and xbox 360 first and later on pc or maybe they won't even release it on pc...It's sad cause the pc industry is soo huge they definitely shouldn't pass up on it. And I hope if they decide to make it on pc they should give it the time it needs and make it a proper game, not like gta 4 which was the worst pc port of all time. I mean seriously people with 3000$ PC's couldn't run it without lag...

there is also a petition going so that rockstar will make gta 5 on pc (currently collected 348410 signatures), you guys should sign it, and get your friends to sign it and get their friends to sign it also
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/r … ta-v-on-pc

#2 September 13 2013

AVOlio

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Game Thread

Signed !

#3 September 14 2013

Aly

downloading the game right now on my seedbox for xbox 360, yet I wont buy it since it sucks on consoles, but maybe I will buy it on pc later on since gta online looks really good in the videos ;)

#4 September 14 2013

d3ad

I am actually planning to buy a PS3 just to play the game, and because there is no signs of it coming to PC ever (example: Red Dead Redemption)

#5 September 14 2013

AvoK95

d3ad wrote:

I am actually planning to buy a PS3 just to play the game, and because there is no signs of it coming to PC ever (example: Red Dead Redemption)

Well, Amazon has been selling PC pre-orders. It's being sold everywhere actually, but Rockstar never confirmed a PC version. However they did mention about bringing their latest games to PC, and it should be easy enough to port since they're x86 based anyway. These games also include RDR. So I'd sit and wait. If they don't release it on PC, I'll also get a PS3 just the game.

#6 September 14 2013

d3ad

AvoK95 wrote:
d3ad wrote:

Well, Amazon has been selling PC pre-orders. It's being sold everywhere actually, but Rockstar never confirmed a PC version. However they did mention about bringing their latest games to PC, and it should be easy enough to port since they're x86 based anyway. These games also include RDR. So I'd sit and wait. If they don't release it on PC, I'll also get a PS3 just the game.

true that, but I just hate it when I'll have to sit and wait for it to be available on PC while everyone will be playing it, I am expecting alot from it though, hope it wont be another Diablo 3 :)

#7 September 14 2013

AvoK95

d3ad wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:
d3ad wrote:

true that, but I just hate it when I'll have to sit and wait for it to be available on PC while everyone will be playing it, I am expecting alot from it though, hope it wont be another Diablo 3 :)

It's going to be the most amazing game of the year IMO

#8 September 14 2013

Ahmad90

I heard that Gta online will be released two weeks after the game release. Will there be an update to the game or will it be on the playstation store?

#9 September 15 2013

Aly

I have spent some time updating my xbox dashboard from 15574 to 16202, its the first time I do it, did some researches and got it up an running, uploaded GTA V to the HDD and started the game, here's my first impressions (after playing it a couple of hours):
Nice things:
- Game is full of awesome features, character customization (haircut, beard, outfit), cellphone is way better than GTA 4.
- Driving / Handling improved it feels way better than GTA 4, you got more control over the car (I also liked convertible cars feature).
- Fighting system is very cool and more challenging.
- Map is so big, the mountains are so huge and excellent for off-roading.
- Water graphics quality is awesome, waves are so real, and of course you can swim and dive.
- Your safe house interior is way better than previous GTAs, you will know what I mean when you play it.
- Dogs.
- This game will be outstanding if it comes out on PC (read why below).

Bad things:
- This game is born for PC and it will never be anywhere as good as a PC on any console.
-  Graphics quality is not that good, well below average imo.
-  Draw distance isnt satisfying.
- You will feel that this game is barely working on this 8 years old console.
- Graphics details are not similar to those you saw in the trailers.

#10 September 15 2013

omarmasri

anybody downloaded the game for PS3 and willing to give me the data tomorrow ?

#11 September 15 2013

My friend told me that it's being sold on xbox 360 in St Elie center Antelias. Can someone confirm that ?

#12 September 15 2013

MMM1999

Im downloading it for my Xbox 360 right now. Disc 1 almost complete. It has been leaked on Friday.

#13 September 15 2013

mmk92

Anyone know if nino has it? For xbox or/and ps3?

#14 September 15 2013

MMM1999

mmk92 wrote:

Well, if it was leaked on Friday, then maybe by next week or before, ( depending on his download speed) he will have GTA V. It is a two disc game by the way, one for campaign and one for HD content and online. You need 8 gb of free space

#15 September 15 2013

hackable?

mmk92 wrote:

He'll get it on 17.... Check "Nino Games" page on facebook ( you can preorder too )

#16 September 15 2013

Liox5

ALY:
"- This game is born for PC and it will never be anywhere as good as a PC on any console."

You are absolutely right ! the pc version can be modded too( realistic cars ) let alone the graphics and the view distance

#17 September 15 2013

mmk92

It's weird that it has been leaed and so far there is no gameplay footage

Edit: Added the word "leaked" to the search query and got a ton of gameplay footage, saying this game is amazing would be an understatement. Its way better than i expected

Last edited by mmk92 (September 15 2013)

#18 September 15 2013

Hamzawesome

They'll release a PC version probably next year. Heck, the development for the game took more than 1/4 a Billion dollars, so releasing it on 2 platforms is enough. When they make money from the game when it comes out, they'll release a PC version.

#19 September 15 2013

nas93

Hamzawesome wrote:

They'll release a PC version probably next year. Heck, the development for the game took more than 1/4 a Billion dollars, so releasing it on 2 platforms is enough. When they make money from the game when it comes out, they'll release a PC version.

They already made back the money by pre-orders.

#20 September 15 2013

Nemesis-301

there is now a petition, its aim is to stop rockstar from making gta 5 on pc o.O

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ … ta-v#share

if anyone signs it, know that there is a special place in hell for people like you!!!!

#21 September 15 2013

Aly

I am afraid that their next target might be to release it on xbox one and ps4,  which will delay the PC version if any or maybe it wont even come out on PC, I hope my feeling is wrong.

#22 September 15 2013

mohammadk97

Aly wrote:

I am afraid that their next target might be to release it on xbox one and ps4,  which will delay the PC version if any or maybe it wont even come out on PC, I hope my feeling is wrong.

I think its going to be released along side ps4 and xbox one
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-5- … 59102.html

#23 September 15 2013

mmk92

Since the PS4 and Xbox One are both very similar to PC architecture, I see no reason why they wouldn't release ports on the 3 platforms. It is mind blowing how well it runs on the PS3 and Xbox 360, I can't imagine how good it would look and run on PCs

#24 September 15 2013

Ahmad90

Shadi najjar just posted on his facebook page that gta 5 is available at his store.

#25 September 15 2013

ballad

can you guys list the ps3 prices you are encountering?
my local shop is asking for 100$ for it

Board footer