LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 9 2013

Earthmaster

Buying a PS4 in Lebanon vs abroad

Hello everyone, i was over at virgin megastore sunday where i saw a flyer for ps4 pre ordering.
I asked how much it should cost they said if i pre order i will have to pay 200$ right away and then rest at launch which should be in december.
The thing is, when i asked how much will the whole console cost they said between 600 and 650$ which is 200-250$ more then what it will sell in US.
My question is if i buy it while on a trip to europe or the us can i bring it back home ? Or is it illegal?
Thank you for leaving your thoughts.

#2 September 9 2013

yasamoka

Re: Buying a PS4 in Lebanon vs abroad

Of course you can bring it back home. Why would it be illegal?

#3 September 9 2013

kareem_nasser

But according to Sony World, nothing official about PS4 in Lebanon, even pre-ordering. Because there is an issue with PS+ as it is required to play online, so i think Sony is trying to solve that problem first before officially setting a date here.

#4 October 3 2013

insane

kareem_nasser wrote:

But according to Sony World, nothing official about PS4 in Lebanon, even pre-ordering. Because there is an issue with PS+ as it is required to play online, so i think Sony is trying to solve that problem first before officially setting a date here.

PS+ doesn't work in Lebanon?

#5 October 3 2013

chosen2k

Yes it works.

You just create an account from the USA and buy ps+ from amazon

#6 October 6 2013

insane

Just a simple question:
Sony announced release date for Middle East (Dubai Mainly) on December 13th.
The price will be $462 (1699 AED).
Will we have it in Lebanon too, and what is the expected price?
I want to know if I should cancel my US PS4 Launch Day pre-order.

#7 October 6 2013

jsaade

Hi guys, why pre order, i know we are all excited but this is not a smart move.
Wait a couple of months, check hardware malfunctions, play tests etc. even price might drop.
I waited more than a year to get my 360, therer were a lot of defects in the original release.
I got the ps3 less than a year ago for a great price.
Yes it can be exciting to own it on release date, but it is a huge risk in my opinion, it is like buying a game without reading any review, what if it is just a marketing hype, what if it does not work 100%... I am planning on getting the xbox one and ps4, but waiting for reviews of the consoles, hardware malfunctions, etc.

#8 October 13 2013

Hamzawesome

Ugh...I hate how they raise the prices like that. What's next? One PS4 game costs 200$? I think I'll pass on PS4 for the next 5 years.

#9 October 13 2013

shant

i spoke to a few sony wholesale salesmen, they are trying to get the ps4 during the new year but they are not sure if they can,since ps4 is "the" gift to get for new year!

#10 October 14 2013

ballad

shant wrote:

i spoke to a few sony wholesale salesmen, they are trying to get the ps4 during the new year but they are not sure if they can,since ps4 is "the" gift to get for new year!

you mean christmas
so they have to have it before december 15

#11 October 14 2013

shant

nothing is official, they are trying to have it by christmas

Last edited by shant (October 14 2013)

#12 October 14 2013

rolf

It's not illegal.
There is a custom tax on electronics in Lebanon, but if you bring it in your (or somebody's) suitcase (as opposed to sending it through the post or something), then normally you don't pay any customs tax on it.

chosen2k wrote:

Yes it works.
You just create an account from the USA and buy ps+ from amazon

So you mean have someone in the USA create your account? If you're not there...
Maybe it will be geographically limited and won't accept to connect from outside USA?

Last edited by rolf (October 14 2013)

#13 October 14 2013

MasterBatata

i am going to buy a PS4 from Dubai and my question, does Sony world Lebanon accept the warranty from Dubai?

#14 October 14 2013

AvoK95

MasterBatata wrote:

i am going to buy a PS4 from Dubai and my question, does Sony world Lebanon accept the warranty from Dubai?

They should, they're the official dealers after all.

#15 October 14 2013

shant

i doubt fattal being official

#16 November 30 2015

Truepeace

Hi guys, my uncle bought me a ps4 from the US but can somebody please confirm that it works in Lebanon (110V vs 220V). I checked on some threads they say it is dual voltage but have somebody actually tried it here?

#17 November 30 2015

Georges00

Truepeace wrote:

Hi guys, my uncle bought me a ps4 from the US but can somebody please confirm that it works in Lebanon (110V vs 220V). I checked on some threads they say it is dual voltage but have somebody actually tried it here?

Get a Trans/Converter and stay on the safe side

#18 December 1 2015

NAM

I read somewhere that most appliances now work on both .. if you look ate the charger/power brick you can see 110-240v written on the voltage .. but to be safe do as @Georges00 suggested

#19 December 1 2015

chosen2k

Georges00 wrote:
Truepeace wrote:

Get a Trans/Converter and stay on the safe side

It just works no need for Trans/Converter.

#20 December 1 2015

Salloum

Mine is origin Canada. Also 110V. Works fine. But please double check on the adapter, it should say Input: 100-240V.

#21 December 1 2015

Truepeace

Okay thanks a lot guys! I checked on many threads they say on the manual they only put 110V but on the back of the PS4 there should be 110-240V so I'll check when I get it from my uncle in 3 weeks and thanks @Salloum in fact I wanted somebody who tried it in Lebanon because we never know..  And if somebody knows around how much a trans costs plz say it just for the info. Thanks.

#22 December 2 2015

chosen2k

Hey man, I bought the Ps4 from the US and I'm using it here. No need for anything. Just check what's written on the power supply & it will be 110-240V.

#23 December 2 2015

Truepeace

Okayy thanks a lot!

#24 December 3 2015

Georges00

If the adapter says 110V-220V who said that the PS4 is 110V-220V?
Check both.

#25 December 3 2015

rolf

Approx 400 dollars for ps4 1tb with black ops 3. Good price?

Board footer