LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 1 2013

riqmarmes

Flashing android phone (huawei u8655-1)

Hello, I'm stuck with this huawei ascend 2 (u8655-1). I was rooting and installing a custom rom using cmwr. The problem is whatever the rom I try to install in clockworkmod recovery it says

can't open /sdcard/xxx
(bad)
Installation aborted.

I downloaded the original firmware from their website and when I try to force update it, it says update failed after few seconds.
Edit: the file is called update.app (so I can't make much use from it).

And when I try to do fastboot update rom.zip, it says

archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

Basically I am left with fastboot and clockworkmod (No ROM, nothing). But I am lost, and whatever I try to do doesn't work.

Thanks.

Last edited by riqmarmes (August 1 2013)

#2 August 1 2013

DNA

Re: Flashing android phone (huawei u8655-1)

if your sure the rom will work with your device extract the .zip rom and find the updater-script file delete the getprop lines save the file then add the files to .zip again with the "store" compression level, if that didn't work we will try something else

Last edited by DNA (August 1 2013)

#3 August 1 2013

riqmarmes

DNA wrote:

if your sure the rom will work with your device extract the .zip rom and find the updater-script file delete the getprop lines save the file then add the files to .zip again with the "store" compression level, if that didn't work we will try something else

Didn't work, I tried installing it through clockwork and fastboot :(

#4 August 1 2013

AvoK95

Make sure you're flashing a compatible ROM for your phone. And I don't think you can flash an original firmware via CMW. You have to use a flashing tool like Odin for Samsung phones.

#5 August 1 2013

DNA

are you sure your sdcard is fat32 formatted ?

Last edited by DNA (August 1 2013)

#6 August 1 2013

riqmarmes

DNA wrote:

are you sure your sdcard is fat32 formatted ?

yes.

AvoK95 wrote:

Make sure you're flashing a compatible ROM for your phone. And I don't think you can flash an original firmware via CMW. You have to use a flashing tool like Odin for Samsung phones.

I'm trying to install to a custom rom through CMW, and original firmware through the "phone's force update" (Vol UP + Vol DOWN + POWER button).

Last edited by riqmarmes (August 1 2013)

#7 August 1 2013

AvoK95

Can you link me to both of those?

#8 August 1 2013

riqmarmes

AvoK95 wrote:

Can you link me to both of those?

ICS custom rom and huawei original firmware

#9 August 2 2013

DNA

which version of cwm are you using because versions before 6.0 can't read certain commands in the updater script file (i don't know if this applies for cwm for your phone) try flashing another kernel with CWM preinstalled. anyway  either CWM can't execute the commands in that file or it can't read from your sdcard ( try flashing from another one) or the compression level of the .zip is wrong. i can't think of any other reason for this problem.

#10 August 2 2013

riqmarmes

I'm using cmw 5.0, I tried installing 6.xx, it flashes correctly but i cant open it.
When I try to format sd-ext, it doesn't work. Is that a problem from the External sdcard? (And I can't backup if I try.)

#11 August 2 2013

DNA

Sd-ext is not the external sdcard its a partition that you can make in the sd card, leave sd-ext alone anyway you have 2 choices either find a working version of CWM 6.x or try another sdcard

Board footer