LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 13 2013

abd

How to publish an android app

Hello I've searched the web and I know that there's lots of links that help me out with that but I needed to ask if someone has an experience with that, have anyone of you ever published an android app and how do you add it there and how do you get your money if it's a paid app?thanks.

#2 March 13 2013

jsaade

Re: How to publish an android app

First of all, assuming you have developed an app, you can publish an app by going to:
https://play.google.com/apps/publish/
It is 25$ per App.

In order to get payment, you need a google merchant account. Lebanon Bank accounts are not currently eligible for Merchant on Google.
You would need a bank account outside Lebanon.
You can then use your google account as Merchant and publish paid apps. (or Enable in-app payment).

#3 March 14 2013

abd

ok thanks, but what's with the URL that you have to use so that you publish your app, you can create a free account on whatever server you want? plus why can't I have my money paid in lebanon as normal money transfer with credit cards... if not please tell me more details about the getting paid step(it won't work unless if I have a bank account outside lebanon?)

#4 March 14 2013

m.sabra

jsaade wrote:

First of all, assuming you have developed an app, you can publish an app by going to:
It is 25$ per App.

In order to get payment, you need a google merchant account. Lebanon Bank accounts are not currently eligible for Merchant on Google.
You can then use your google account as Merchant and publish paid apps. (or Enable in-app payment).

just to correct something,it's one time 25$ payment,not a per app payment,so after paying the 25$ registration fee you will be able to publish as many apps as you want under the same account.

#5 March 14 2013

mmk92

jsaade wrote:

It is 25$ per App.

No its a one time 25$ fee

#6 March 16 2013

reppinhighz

i have an internet card from Byblos bank. i signed up for Google checkout through it and i paid the $25 fee. All of this through a Lebanese bank account so it can be done.

#7 March 16 2013

abd

thanks guys and reppinhigz I was talking about the getting paid (step) not the paying fee step, I was asking how can I get my money if I published a paid app..

#8 March 17 2013

eliminator

Google Play’s current supported locations for merchant accounts:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/an … 0324?hl=en

Be careful when creating you merchant account, because once you set your location you will not be able to revert it back. Plus you need to check if there is any specific settings/limitation for the country you choose to have your bank account in. For Example: If you managed to have a bank account in the US and you do not have a Tax ID you will be limited to 500$ per month payment.  I don't know about other countries merchant/Tax ID settings, but just remember if you set the location to a country and want to change it, you will have to create another email account and pay for a new developer account.
You can also use alternative markets allowing paid apps from Lebanon.

#9 March 17 2013

abd

eliminator wrote:

Google Play’s current supported locations for merchant accounts:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/an … 0324?hl=en

So lebanon is not in there and couldn't find marketplace that supports paid apps for lebanon, but do you think that I can create my merchant account and add my country as switzerland(I have some relatives there) that way I can get paid without need for creating an adsense account... right?

#10 March 17 2013

eliminator

- I cannot confirm since I don't have paid apps on Google Play, but I think you need to check if there are any specific Merchant Account settings for the country in your case Switzerland, and if your relative are willing to provide you with all the banking details and their tax id in case it is required for the country. See if you can create a merchant account (for testing purposes) on a separate email account not on the one you are using as a developer account

- I tried only with US as country, and personally I Monetize with ads since all the workarounds for selling from Lebanon feels like walking on thin ice.

- Alternative Markets : Amazon and Slide Me, and you may want to publish on the Chinese Markets (Even as free limited version app) for piracy reasons.

#11 March 18 2013

abd

ok thanks, I am gonna try that out.

#12 June 17 2013

user

You cannot get paid for paid apps, in fact they won't even let you place them on the market. you can use Admob to place in app ads that might generate money, or you can use a middle person to sell apps. I know someone in lebanon who went through the trouble and legal stuff to open a bank account in a foreign country just for android. I publish paid apps with his account (we agree on how to split the money)

#13 June 17 2013

genghis

Ok how about ios ? How does apple pay developers ? What are the payment options out there ?

Board footer