LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 9 2013

Dangerm3

Whatsapp Blocked my number

Hello there,

Whatsapp blocked my number and mentioned that i can't use there service anymore i was trying send bulk messages to my contacts.

Do they have any limitations?

#2 January 9 2013

Gamer

Re: Whatsapp Blocked my number

http://www.whatsapp.com/legal/
Paragraph 3 Section C. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including phone number, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service for any commercial solicitation or spam purposes. You agree not to spam, or solicit for commercial purposes, any users of the Service.

#3 January 9 2013

Dangerm3

And what shall i do now to solve this problem

#4 January 9 2013

yasamoka

Contact them. Send them an email.

#5 January 9 2013

Dangerm3

I did but do you know how much time they need to answer back

#6 January 9 2013

AnTo

Try to email support@whatsapp.com

#7 January 9 2013

Dangerm3

i did and they send me back a ticket number and i am still waiting their reply

#8 January 9 2013

AvoK95

Wrong section. Also, please stop spamming.

#9 January 9 2013

Dangerm3

what do you mean by wrong section and i was Advertising for my Business

#10 January 9 2013

AvoK95

Advertising for business is exactly spamming. It's even illegal. Use SMS for that. You cannot use a service such as WhatsApp for advertising.

Your post is in the wrong section. This section is for introductions where someone introduces themselves to the forum.

#11 January 9 2013

samer
Admin

Advertising for business is exactly spamming. It's even illegal. Use SMS for that. You cannot use a service such as WhatsApp for advertising.

Unsolicited advertising for a business is spamming. Using SMS solves the problem for you as an advertiser, but creates issues for the 20%+ of people who wouldn't want to get your ads. Sadly, no law exists against spam in Lebanon.

#12 January 9 2013

Nabs

@Dangerm3, I happen to know someone who actually works in Whatsapp. Recently, someone had the same issue, and I contacted her for help. In a nutshell, here are a few answers:

1- You are not supposed to spam on Whatsapp, like several have mentioned earlier. However, Whatsapp people do NOT monitor your chats, so broadcasting is something normal for advertising. However, if a single person reports you with proof, you're screwed.

2- Whatsapp people do not go back on their bans. You could be banned for different reasons, none of which can be taken back. You are banned for life.

3- You won't be able to find out who reported you or because of which message exactly. They will say they don't keep records of those as they are private. Just don't use your broadcasts on Whatsapp for advertising.

#13 January 9 2013

babum

What about non-profit organizations. such as invitations for fundraising an such? do they breach the contract?

Last edited by babum (January 9 2013)

#14 January 10 2013

Nabs

@Babum, I'm afraid they do. You see, the broadcast is meant for distributing the same PERSONAL message for people you know. Like "I won't be home tomorrow, plans are off" and "food's in the oven", and of course the casual greetings. Minding you, again, they don't look at conversations, so unless someone reports you, you're in the safe zone.

#15 January 10 2013

babum

I see. I'm not running any organizations though, I was just checking till what extent you are allowed to do things. Im guessing the service is to be used by individuals only.

#16 January 10 2013

rolf

You can register whatsapp using a 01 (landline) number - search the forums for the procedure. It might be a workaround allowing you to use WhatsApp again for personal use.

#17 January 10 2013

Nabs

It'll be tough on his contacts, but yeah, you could do that.

#18 January 11 2013

AvoK95

Actually, it's not that hard, just download BlueStacks.
Download WhatsApp and Drop Box on BlueStacks as well.
Download Drop Box on your phone. Backup your contacts and move the backup files to Drop Box, then open Drop Box and import your contacts on Blue Stacks.

As for the 01 confirmation, just go through the regular 03 procedure, but when it tries to send you an SMS, expect it to fail. Then you'll have a "Call Me" button. Click it, and they'll call you and give you the code.

You're done.

#19 January 11 2013

Gamer

you could always buy a new number

#20 January 11 2013

xerxes

If you have an iphone you can delete your account from settings and yse a 01 account.  Ofcourse rhe rwgistratio will fail and you should ask for the confirmation by phone. This way you can still enjoy connecting to whatsapp on your mobile.

#21 August 8 2013

Roudykh

Hey dangerm3 are you still banned?
I got a number from a shop (not sure if it's used) when i try to activate it i get the message  that i can't use their service.
Aren't there any workaround?
Thanks

#22 August 8 2013

ballad

Roudykh wrote:

Hey dangerm3 are you still banned?
I got a number from a shop (not sure if it's used) when i try to activate it i get the message  that i can't use their service.
Aren't there any workaround?
Thanks

his last post was on January 9th
so you may have to wait a bit for his reply

#23 August 8 2013

Roudykh

I think i'll have to wait forever.
If someone know any clue please tell.

#24 August 9 2013

DNA

your only hope is sending an email to whatsapp telling them the story.

#25 August 9 2013

Roudykh

I sent an email and opened a request on their website. I don't seem to get other than automated emails and instructions on updating the app.
I'm still waiting for a response on my request...

Board footer