LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 27 2012

Truepeace

Need username and password for my Thomson TG585 V7

Hi,

I want to test a modem I got from a friend that used to have Ogero.
The modem is Thomson TG585 V7. However, in order to change settings in the modem, I need to login but I don't know how.
I tried default logins that I found on google, tried using the info on the back of the modem  but I still couldn't login. Logging as user user wouldn't let me configure my modem for my Wise dsl because I need the admin logins.
I also tried searching on this site, like here http://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5637 and I wanted to telnet the modem like Kareem said but the username user was not working.
I also tried pressing the reset thing in the back of the modem but I still got the demand of putting username and password.

I am not a pro in this but I need help logging in.

Thanks.

Last edited by Truepeace (December 27 2012)

#2 December 27 2012

elias.hourany

Re: Need username and password for my Thomson TG585 V7

try these :
username:admin password:keep it blank
username:admin password:admin
then try the same thing with 'user'

#3 December 27 2012

elias.hourany

dont forget to open the default ip to enter the page it can be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1

#4 December 27 2012

AvoK95

elias.hourany wrote:

dont forget to open the default ip to enter the page it can be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1

I believe Thomson/SpeedTouch's are all 192.168.1.254

#5 December 27 2012

badbyte

To be on the right side enter the following in your command prompt:
ipconfig

This will spit out your ipaddress and should be something like this:
192.168.1.xxx
or
192.168.2.xxx

and search in the output for something called "Gateway". This is the ip if your router.

#6 December 27 2012

Truepeace

Please, read well what I've written!
I told you I tried many default thomson logins I searched on google, so these casual logins are not working and I told you I am not able to login and I could login as a user, so why are you explaining how to see my ip, I surely know it.
Thanks for helpful replies.

#7 December 27 2012

badbyte

Ok my mistake...
There is a possibility to flash it with openwrt. It will erase everything but you will gain full access to the router.
Here is the link: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/thomson/tg585

#8 December 27 2012

AvoK95

badbyte wrote:

Ok my mistake...
There is a possibility to flash it with openwrt. It will erase everything but you will gain full access to the router.
Here is the link: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/thomson/tg585

OpenWRT doesn't support modems.

#9 December 27 2012

mohammadk97

There's usually a reset button on the back of the router. Click it, then try the default. Or, call the person who set up your router, and ask them for the login.

#10 December 27 2012

Truepeace

As I said, I already tried the reset than the default logins : no success.
The problem is that my cousin had Ogero and they gave him this modem. Now he moved to Wise so he gave me the modem so I can test it for my gaming so there I don't think the Ogero staff will help me. Wise told me to give them the modem but they're far from me..,

#11 December 27 2012

AvoK95

Did you try logging in as: Username: user
                                     Password: user

#12 December 28 2012

Truepeace

It is because of the forum's rules that I am not expressing my anger but please!!! read carefully what I've written...
I told you " Logging as user user wouldn't let me configure my modem for my Wise dsl because I need the admin logins." this means I tried these logins but they don't give me permissions I need to configure the modem.
Anyway, thanks for trying.

#13 December 28 2012

DNA

chill out man before a vein explodes in your head you should take it easy on the guys taking their time to help you, anyway you have 3 solutions:

1-call ogero they keep record of such things.
2-reset the modem ( make sure you keep it pressed till the light goes red otherwise you will just restart it)
3-flash the modem with a new firmware (google is your friend)

note that if non of the 3 worked for you you cannot hack this password in anyway.

#14 December 28 2012

AvoK95

Truepeace wrote:

It is because of the forum's rules that I am not expressing my anger but please!!! read carefully what I've written...
I told you " Logging as user user wouldn't let me configure my modem for my Wise dsl because I need the admin logins." this means I tried these logins but they don't give me permissions I need to configure the modem.
Anyway, thanks for trying.

Any user in Thomson modem can configure it.
Try this: http://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12047

#15 December 28 2012

Truepeace

No. I arrive to step 3 and then they ask for logins when I press next and the user user logins won't work then.

#16 December 28 2012

AvoK95

Truepeace wrote:

No. I arrive to step 3 and then they ask for logins when I press next and the user user logins won't work then.

Try your L number and phone number as a password, or the last 2 digits 3 times, like if your L number was L123456 your password would be 565656. If that doesn't work, try admin admin. If THAT doesn't work, your only choice is to send it to Ogero so that they can reflash it with stock firmware.

#17 December 28 2012

Truepeace

Not working tried putting admin as username and your suggested passwords 536274 or L536274 or the phone number that was assigned to the modem or admin admin, none of them worked.
Is there a solution other than going to Ogero?? I don't want to go there and answer them to their question and pay anything for the modem and wait a week because they are surely "m3ayydin".

#18 December 28 2012

AvoK95

Other than this: http://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5637 (Which you've already tried I don't think there's any other way. I could be wrong though...

#19 December 28 2012

Truepeace

Yes, already tried it and got this

Username : user
Password : ****
Login not allowed (User 'user' is disallowed to login from lan to telnet)
Closing connection

Connection to host lost.

#20 December 30 2012

Truepeace

Hi,
sorry men for my words I was nervous, you are helping which counts the most.
Anyway, -DNA- I just saw your post I don't know why but for your suggestions,
the 1: I prefer to contact them if I have no other solution because I don't feel I'll get what I want especially that I have WISE not Ogero.
the 2: I tried it three times: one time pressing it for chi 3 seconds (until the lights went on and off , I didn't look for the colour), one time for 10 seconds and one time from the modem while logging with "user" "user".
the 3: First I don't know which firmware to download because I heard some of them were not compatible with lebanese connnections. Second, is this done by logging with "user " "user" in the modem's settings?
Thanks.

#21 December 31 2012

DNA

actually i do not own this router so i can not help you i just told you what's feasible and whats not, if you want my recommendation do not test it cause its a very shitty router, if you want a cheap router just grab the dlink 2730u from pcandparts for 31$ i believe. it has 150mbps wireless n and has a broadcom adsl chip which performs great on ogero's DSLAMs.

#22 January 4 2013

Truepeace

chosen2k 's post in this link http://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5637&p=3 worked for me.
I sent them an e-mail and they replied the next day giving me the username that was the L****** number and the password wh****** the day the internet on this modem was set up.

#23 January 30 2013

sam.961

Dear,
Ogero has its own software, user user is not an admin access.
In order to configure you modem, you have to download a Generic Firmware and then install it to the modem using
tftp utility.
Regards,

Truepeace wrote:

Hi,

I want to test a modem I got from a friend that used to have Ogero.
The modem is Thomson TG585 V7. However, in order to change settings in the modem, I need to login but I don't know how.
I tried default logins that I found on google, tried using the info on the back of the modem  but I still couldn't login. Logging as user user wouldn't let me configure my modem for my Wise dsl because I need the admin logins.
I also tried searching on this site, like here http://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5637 and I wanted to telnet the modem like Kareem said but the username user was not working.
I also tried pressing the reset thing in the back of the modem but I still got the demand of putting username and password.

I am not a pro in this but I need help logging in.

Thanks.

#24 February 5 2013

Alaa7

The default login for Thomson TG585 V7 is:
Username: Administrator
Password:
(blank)

Board footer