LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 26 2012

NajaLB

HTC One X Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Greets.

I was wondering if there is any One X user "manually" updated his software version to 4.1.1?
It was starting to roll out at the beginning of November and few Nexus users found a way to crack it and get the version earlier around June.

I was waiting for an update for a while now, it is freakishly smooth, no lag whatsoever. Upgrade for the camera was superb, especially for the people who like using a phone camera a lot. Improvement in battery life in addition of the "Power Save" feature and the new Notification bar. Too bad the Jelly Bean Theme, Jelly Bean locker, new icons.. did not get automatically set up, I am wondering why, or it should be manually done.

How was your first impression ?

Last edited by NajaLB (November 26 2012)

#2 November 26 2012

Kassem

Re: HTC One X Jelly Bean 4.1.1

After reading this post, I went to Settings > About > Software Updates. There was a required 1.5MB update. I installed it and then my phone restarted. When it booted again, I checked for software updates again, and there I found the Jelly Bean update. Downloading it right now :)

#3 November 26 2012

NajaLB

Kassem wrote:

After reading this post, I went to Settings > About > Software Updates. There was a required 1.5MB update. I installed it and then my phone restarted. When it booted again, I checked for software updates again, and there I found the Jelly Bean update. Downloading it right now :)

I would be delighted to know more about what you came across. Glad I made this topic for the users that haven't already updated or knew about it!

Last edited by NajaLB (November 26 2012)

#4 November 26 2012

Kassem

I thought it wasn't out for my phone yet, because I'm used to being notified of software updates automatically. Weirdly though, this time I had to check for it manually.

#5 November 26 2012

NajaLB

Yes, it didn't show any notification for other Android phones as well.

#6 November 27 2012

Romario

Is anyone having trouble with the HOX hardware? I heard that their hardware are plagued that why i am hesitating to buy it.

#7 November 27 2012

mmk92

although its undoubtedly a great phone, there is some screen and touch issues

Some units experience touch issues where a random whole bar across the screen doesn't register any touch input, a few days ago I was testing a used one x and the screen just died in my hand for no apparent reason.

If you're inclined to buying a one x, either buy one with a 1 year HARDWARE garentee, or buy an alternative(ie samsung galaxy s3, sony xperia s(great phone IMHO for only 330$ brand new), or a galaxy note 2(best android phone to date, but the size might be inconvinient for some people)

#8 November 28 2012

NajaLB

I usually don't recommend used phones, I and many other people i know have the One X and it is the best phone so far after the S3, the only time the screen lags is when i overload it with downloads and running apps but then is working normally. No sudden errors whatsoever.

As for the others who updated the version, how about it ?

#9 December 5 2012

HooZ

Unlocked, rooted, and installed Android Revolution HD 16.0 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and 4+ HTC Sense
Ultra Fast and having no problems at all
I must say Tegra 3 games like Shadowgun and Riptide GP really look better.

#10 December 6 2012

NajaLB

HooZ wrote:

Unlocked, rooted, and installed Android Revolution HD 16.0 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and 4+ HTC Sense
Ultra Fast and having no problems at all
I must say Tegra 3 games like Shadowgun and Riptide GP really look better.

I am having trouble unlocking the phone but it's the same software wise.

Did you get the official theme and locker ? In addition of the new icons ?

Board footer