LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#201 September 11 2014

Truepeace

Re: Feedback for WISE

@fmurabi I tested my pc for Gauss infection under wise cnx and found nothing
http://gauss.crysys.hu/

#202 September 11 2014

fmurabi

@truepeace

your pc is definitely not infected and so is mine. it seems to be a problem related to wise!
accessing fransabank ibanking service via wise will return a message from the bank that my pc is infected.
accessing fransabank ibanking service via idm will not return a message from the bank that my pc is infected and i am able to login.

#203 September 13 2014

Truepeace

Torrents are working now

#204 September 13 2014

DarkNe0441

Truepeace wrote:

Torrents are working now

Well if you define 0.9 kB/s as working..

#205 September 13 2014

m_zeid

Truepeace wrote:

Torrents are working now

No, I still can't connect to peers :(

#206 September 14 2014

Truepeace

I may be lucky... https://imageshack.com/i/iqfCnkvFp
And I still have troubles updating Norton, it doesn't connect to the update servers (unless with vpn), same at my friend's wise connection but it works on an IDM connection; however it's minor compared to the torrent issue.

#207 September 14 2014

m_zeid

maybe they are releasing the limits in stages, one area at time?!

Anyway, do you (or any one else) have problems with https?
Any website that works only on https like facebook, google, youtube... are extremely slow but other http websites are OK?
It seems to me that regular websites are chached locally at wise, but https websites are not.

#208 September 14 2014

Truepeace

No I have no problems with https

#209 September 14 2014

DarkNe0441

I don't understand how they're sorting this issue out. If I wasn't such a long time Wise user, I would not be able to understand how people are still subscribed to them.

#210 September 15 2014

m_zeid

DarkNe0441 wrote:

I don't understand how they're sorting this issue out. If I wasn't such a long time Wise user, I would not be able to understand how people are still subscribed to them.

I'm with wise since 2008 or 2007 i think, those were 7 years of great internet experience. I was still great until we had the so called "upgrades"!!

I think they are just not getting their required E1's backbone lines.

#211 September 21 2014

Truepeace

Torrents speed back to 5kb ...

#212 September 22 2014

DarkNe0441

Truepeace wrote:

Torrents speed back to 5kb ...

Back? They always were.

I'm almost giving up on Wise. Normal downloads barely go over 100 kb/s on the 2M55 plan.

#213 October 3 2014

m_zeid

So any news? may good news?

#214 October 5 2014

Truepeace

If we'll never be getting speed upgrades let them do **cking 1M plans ! We're paying for something we aren't getting! Am I satisfied with the quota upgrade? Yes of course but it's been 3 months I'm registered and paying a 2 Mbit speed plan while getting only 0.85

#215 October 20 2014

georges_1

Hello,  i currently installed wise 4mb dsl but they are blocking torrents.  I tried paid vpns and every possible setting and option available but still it did not work.  What can i do. I even used private torrent servers like iptorrents.com

Last edited by georges_1 (October 20 2014)

#216 October 20 2014

rolf

Oh boy oh boy.
Try hidemyass.com, maybe?
You're probably better off with a seedbox. Try finding one.

#217 October 25 2014

Truepeace

My aunt living just below my house got (kind of) speed upgrade to 1.71 mbit, she's with Ogero and I'm still stuck at 0.85 mbit :( I called wise and told them why, isn't it the same central ? They said yes but the lines differ inside the central (chi hek). This is so frustrating.

#218 October 29 2014

salo

guys im going to subscribe to 4 mbps 60 GB - OR 2 mbps unlimited? which one is better? i use my internet a lot and i download everyday...

#219 October 31 2014

m_zeid

salo wrote:

guys im going to subscribe to 4 mbps 60 GB - OR 2 mbps unlimited? which one is better? i use my internet a lot and i download everyday...

Do NOT do it!!!
Their service sucks, hard.

Just read the above posts!

#220 October 31 2014

m_zeid

Truepeace wrote:

My aunt living just below my house got (kind of) speed upgrade to 1.71 mbit, she's with Ogero and I'm still stuck at 0.85 mbit :( I called wise and told them why, isn't it the same central ? They said yes but the lines differ inside the central (chi hek). This is so frustrating.

Wise= no upgrade
upgrade =Ogero
period

#221 November 3 2014

Truepeace

m_zeid wrote:

Wise= no upgrade
upgrade =Ogero
period

That's what they said when I called, Ogero users have the priority so they got speed upgrades whereas other ISPs didn't; however, new users get instantly upgraded speed -_-

Last edited by Truepeace (November 3 2014)

#222 November 22 2014

TrollFatGuy

Hey guys, called Wise yesterday asking them about their service, specifically pointing out that ever since the Ogero update, our connections have become worse in both speed and latency. The guy talking to me actually replied that that is true and that they will remain this way until they receive their own upgrades which "will not arrive before March" (translation: not before June the earliest). Called Ogero 5 min later asking them about transfer fees to 4mbps. Hello Ogero.

#223 November 26 2014

Truepeace

TrollFatGuy wrote:

Hey guys, called Wise yesterday asking them about their service, specifically pointing out that ever since the Ogero update, our connections have become worse in both speed and latency. The guy talking to me actually replied that that is true and that they will remain this way until they receive their own upgrades which "will not arrive before March" (translation: not before June the earliest). Called Ogero 5 min later asking them about transfer fees to 4mbps. Hello Ogero.

Lol, I think I'll do the same, but after the Christmas break. Can you please tell us how much are the transfer fees and for how long they'll cut off your internet?

#224 November 26 2014

m_zeid

TrollFatGuy wrote:

Truepeace wrote:
TrollFatGuy wrote:

Lol, I think I'll do the same, but after the Christmas break. Can you please tell us how much are the transfer fees and for how long they'll cut off your internet?

Add me on the list, only 5000 LBP to jump from 0.8mb to 4mb!

Actually I sent them an email maybe a month ago, it's more like a hate mail than anything else.
But what i said in it is true. For more than 7 years and I was always recommending Wise dsl for friends, and till now I have like 4 friends subscribed to wise, but they also recommended to others from their friends and families. And since the so called "upgrade" and they were nagging "hey mohammad, what's up with wise? when we will get the upgrade" sooner questions became like "hey mohammad my connection is shit, i can't use the internet at all after 4-5pm".

and i was like" hey calm down, they are working on it. they don't have a magic stick!" and later" well i don't know, call them!"

The only thing that WAS holding me was because I needed the internet so bad, i had homeworks to do online and such things. But this is the last month, 12 our home will be internet free. after that, welcome Ogero.

and yeah I will tell all of my friends about my experience and trust me, most if not all will leave Wise soon. Of course if things work out as planned.

#225 November 27 2014

Cruel.C0re

The last few weeks Wise internet has been ridiculously bad ,also the ping tom many servers is not less than 600ms so i haven't played any game in 3 or 4 weeks .
i'm really considering changing if they don't fix it soon

Board footer