LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 August 13 2014

georgesmh

Re: Feedback for WISE

Guys, did you try using bitlet.org with the Zenmate Chrome extension? I guess it works and it can give you full speed. (bitlet.org is a way to download torrents directly from a browser)

I have a question as well: Is DNS related in a way to torrents? If yes, you can also try to change your DNS to those of OpenDNS after creating an account (free).

#177 August 13 2014

Truepeace

Zenmate is a vpn solution for chrome = useless for torrents
Direct downloading of torrents in fact will give full speed like any direct download, I did not try your website but I doubt it will work without limitations or slow speed (like another website limiting a single download to 1 GB), anyways I don't want a workaround since vpn is also a temporary solution.

I don't think DNS is related to torrents' speed since I know that DNS is only used to resolve a dns name into an IP address, so it can only affect websites' blocking not speed if I'm right.

Last edited by Truepeace (August 13 2014)

#178 August 14 2014

DarkNe0441

This is a joke, a complete joke. I am currently getting 25 kb/s on normal downloads via Chrome. I can't believe I'm paying $50 for this service.

#179 August 14 2014

Truepeace

Browser downloading is crap, try Internet Download Manager, you get full speed (and you cut off the internet to the rest of the house if you tweak it a little ;) ) unless you're really having a 25kb/sec as full speed.

#180 August 15 2014

DarkNe0441

Truepeace wrote:

Browser downloading is crap, try Internet Download Manager, you get full speed (and you cut off the internet to the rest of the house if you tweak it a little ;) ) unless you're really having a 25kb/sec as full speed.

My modem is wired directly to my desktop. And at night, 25kb/s is the speed I get. During the day, it's pretty normal.

#181 August 21 2014

darkredbbb

Still no updates on this matter. Torrents are still blocked by WISE, not to mention that it's almost the end of August and the speed hasn't been upgraded yet.

#182 August 21 2014

DarkNe0441

I just called wise complaining about speeds on my connection. After more than six calls of complaints, the support guy told me that all unlimited connections are "shared" connections and that is the reason for the unacceptable speeds. Shame on you, Wise. False advertising at it's best. You have let us all down.

I will be switching to IDM as soon as possible.

#183 August 21 2014

m_zeid

DarkNe0441 wrote:

I just called wise complaining about speeds on my connection. After more than six calls of complaints, the support guy told me that all unlimited connections are "shared" connections and that is the reason for the unacceptable speeds. Shame on you, Wise. False advertising at it's best. You have let us all down.

dude, of course it is a shared connection. not just unlimited but all the dsl and commercial plans offered for end users are shared connections!
Now only Wise, but all ISPs around the world.

On the other hand, "Dedicated connection" is available but will cost you too much. It's not meant to be for homes or SOHO but for corporates.

#184 August 21 2014

m_zeid

TrollFatGuy wrote:

m_zeid a good feeling about what? I have been praying for weeks on end to be able to play 360p youtube again without an answer. Please tell me you have some good news.

I'm sorry for that post, I'm sorry for giving any body a false hope (if any). But that day, my connection was unbearable and other ogero connections was offline completely. We called ogero and they said "it's a maintenance".

I thought, maybe they are upgrading?! then my connection download speed jumped from ~20KB to ~120KB. So I was really happy that I got the same old speed I used to have. Then only few hours and every thing went back as usual. And no, Ogero subscribers didn't get the upgrades either.

#185 August 21 2014

DarkNe0441

m_zeid wrote:
DarkNe0441 wrote:

dude, of course it is a shared connection. not just unlimited but all the dsl and commercial plans offered for end users are shared connections!

On the other hand, "Dedicated connection" is available but will cost you too much. It's not meant to be for homes or SOHO but for corporates.

Well, the support guy told me that if I switch to a limited package, my connection will be faster because the plan isn't shared...

#186 August 21 2014

DANGER

Thats what they made me do and after switching my co became  SLIGHTLY better but im not getting full speed till after 2am

#187 August 21 2014

m_zeid

DarkNe0441 wrote:
m_zeid wrote:
DarkNe0441 wrote:

Well, the support guy told me that if I switch to a limited package, my connection will be faster because the plan isn't shared...

no that's not true, it's still shared but shared with other limited quota accounts.
Any day limited connection in lebanon is better than unlimited, because users will abuse their connection and the infrastructure can't handle the load.

#188 August 21 2014

m_zeid

DANGER wrote:

Thats what they made me do and after switching my co became  SLIGHTLY better but im not getting full speed till after 2am

well my friend, that is a good example to be sure that all dsl connections are shared. Because that is why you don't get your full speed.
If it was unshared, then you will get the advertised speed all the time with high stability.

#189 August 21 2014

DarkNe0441

I don't even want my full speed anymore. Just the speed I used to get when I was subscriped to 1mbps a year ago. I NEVER get around 100 kb/s anymore while I'm paying for a 2MB connection! And I mean, NEVER!

I can't do anything on the internet. I can't load 360p videos. I can't play any online games. Even FACEBOOK takes ages to load. This isn't acceptable.

#190 August 21 2014

Truepeace

@DarkNe0441 The unlimited is sh*t with every ISP, go the the IDM dedicated topic you will see the complaints for the unlimited plan, and yes the upgrade of speed isn't related to ISP, it's the "central" in you region or it's you phone cables that do not support the speed so it's not worth waiting a month to move to IDM  and I don't like IDM because of the NAT type 3 (strict) that prevented my friend to play with me online without dmz ip and because of other gaming issues.

But for the torrents issue where is WISE support?! We want updates on this issue!
And yhezzo 7aloun the centrals why is it so hard to upgrade their stuff, we're paying something we aren't getting.
Btw I am getting difficulties  since the beginning of the week when updating my Norton av only with wise and only without vpn.

Last edited by Truepeace (August 21 2014)

#191 August 29 2014

longbit

ok ok ok i wasn't able to follow up here for many reasons am here now. i'll start problem by problem, for the torrent give until next week guys, bare with me a bit. i check the PM's also.

#192 August 29 2014

fmurabi

I have a wise box connected to wise, download is 12 kbps at best fails most of the time (especially when the file that is being downloaded is larger than 10,000 KB), torrents are blocked during the day and unblocked during unlimited night quota (but only after three am) with limited bandwidth, video streaming barely works (even when selected quality is 360p or less), video chat (i.e. Skype) quality is very low and disconnects a lot. MS Windows update does not work (i have seen that problem so many times not only on wise box but also on DSL)!!

These are serious issues that I have never encountered when I had my wise box connected to other ISPs (two in particular). I hope that you guys really solve these issues.

Edit: Things just got more weird. When accessing my online banking service I get a message on my browser from my bank website that my PC in infected with "Gauss". Ran several scans and removal tools but none were able to detect an infection. Accidentally, I noticed that if my PC is connected to the internet not through WISE (ISP) then I will not receive such a message!

Last edited by fmurabi (September 5 2014)

#193 September 5 2014

DarkNe0441

Are wise really that inferior to other ISPs to STILL have torrent issues?

#194 September 7 2014

darkredbbb

longbit wrote:

ok ok ok i wasn't able to follow up here for many reasons am here now. i'll start problem by problem, for the torrent give until next week guys, bare with me a bit. i check the PM's also.

It's been 2 weeks and nothing yet. Actually it has been almost two months with blocked torrent downloads but who's counting...

#195 September 7 2014

NuclearVision

Lebanese ISP have serious problem with torrents and gaming servers..

#196 September 8 2014

m_zeid

NuclearVision wrote:

Lebanese ISP have serious problem with torrents and gaming servers..

since the upgrades i can't play online in any way. Before, i used to play CSS a lot.

#197 September 8 2014

m_zeid

fmurabi wrote:

I have a wise box connected to wise, download is 12 kbps at best fails most of the time (especially when the file that is being downloaded is larger than 10,000 KB), torrents are blocked during the day and unblocked during unlimited night quota (but only after three am) with limited bandwidth, video streaming barely works (even when selected quality is 360p or less), video chat (i.e. Skype) quality is very low and disconnects a lot. MS Windows update does not work (i have seen that problem so many times not only on wise box but also on DSL)!!

These are serious issues that I have never encountered when I had my wise box connected to other ISPs (two in particular). I hope that you guys really solve these issues.

Edit: Things just got more weird. When accessing my online banking service I get a message on my browser from my bank website that my PC in infected with "Gauss". Ran several scans and removal tools but none were able to detect an infection. Accidentally, I noticed that if my PC is connected to the internet not through WISE (ISP) then I will not receive such a message!

Gauss is a serious threat, google it.
check this from kaspersky: http://www.kaspersky.com/about/news/vir … g_Accounts

#198 September 8 2014

fmurabi

I only get the gauss message when I'm connecting to the internet via WISE

#199 September 8 2014

hussam

WISE server is infected?

#200 September 8 2014

fmurabi