LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 August 4 2014

Jean-b

Re: Feedback for WISE

Torrents were working on the Wise box last night. 140-150 kB/s from 2.30 a.m till 7 a.m. Also I'm getting low pings to beirut server ( 59 ms now on speedtest) . And yes browsing speed is now way better and I'm able to stream youtube videos in 360p without buffering , even sometimes in 480p. Direct browser downloads improved too, downloading now at 100-120 kB/s without download accelerator.  Good job @longbit :)

#152 August 4 2014

wollyka

@longbit
We have a Wise dsl connection (6 to 8 Mbps plan), browsing is ok, but torrent downloads are not working at all. It is a new subscription so I cannot comment if it was always like this. Support was not very helpful but for sure they are blocking something!
Edit :trying to download ubuntu 14.04 iso torrent, no connection at all. Tracker not connected with error requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker.
Tried the same torrent on another connection (idm) and it is working just fine

Last edited by wollyka (August 4 2014)

#153 August 4 2014

longbit

all members with torrent problems, send me your L numbers, we should not have such problem so i guess your case are isolated cases, need to look at them directly.

#154 August 4 2014

longbit

@m_zeid... by plan i mean your package. my fault.

#155 August 4 2014

wollyka

Hi longbit, sent you a pm
Thanks for your help

#156 August 4 2014

DarkNe0441

I PMed you, longbit. Honestly, this is not the first time Wise come up with something like that.

#157 August 4 2014

darkredbbb

longbit wrote:

all members with torrent problems, send me your L numbers, we should not have such problem so i guess your case are isolated cases, need to look at them directly.

Alright, just sent you a PM as well.

#158 August 5 2014

Truepeace

@longbit Okay sent you a PM.
I also sent to the support team a recorded video showing that when I connect to my VPN I am able to reach the maximum download speed I have and they replied "we are checking it, yet there is no estimated time for the solution"

#159 August 5 2014

DarkNe0441

Support team is replying to people by saying "fi daghet 3al torrents"

and they expect us to take them seriously?

#160 August 6 2014

ahk40a

Guys, the torrent is not a way to know what you have speed! Certain peers or seeds tend to block certain IP address ranges or allow certain ranges. In that way, when you use VPN you might be registered to the allowed bulk of IPs that gives you higher download speed. If you want to download a big file and know your exact speed download any windows file for example directly from microsoft.com

#161 August 6 2014

Truepeace

@ahk40a lol man it is impossible that every single torrent with the highest possible seeders you can find on all trackers reaches a max speed of 5kb/sec! but when connecting to another ISP (tested with Ogero and IDM) or VPN it reaches the full speed given.
I know that when I direct download I get full speed but not with torrents. Google torrent throttling...

Last edited by Truepeace (August 6 2014)

#162 August 6 2014

DarkNe0441

ahk40a wrote:

Guys, the torrent is not a way to know what you have speed! Certain peers or seeds tend to block certain IP address ranges or allow certain ranges. In that way, when you use VPN you might be registered to the allowed bulk of IPs that gives you higher download speed. If you want to download a big file and know your exact speed download any windows file for example directly from microsoft.com

It's not that. They KNOW that there is a "problem" with the torrents. I've been downloading the same series, season by season, from the same torrent, it used to download perfectly fine before until the last couple of weeks.

Last edited by DarkNe0441 (August 6 2014)

#163 August 6 2014

DANGER

Hello , if you are using vpn and getting  your maximum download speed on torrents which  vpn are you using ? thank you !

#164 August 6 2014

Elied

I'm using hideman, you get 5 hours a week of free service with your macimum speed unlike other vpns

#165 August 6 2014

Truepeace

@DANGER Hotspot Shield, but this is not a solution, browsing becomes a bit laggy like when checking Outlook, so I hope WISE will fix this asap.

#166 August 7 2014

Truepeace

I just got (almost) full download speed.
EDIT
Now it got back to slow speed :s

Last edited by Truepeace (August 7 2014)

#167 August 7 2014

darkredbbb

Truepeace wrote:

@DANGER Hotspot Shield, but this is not a solution, browsing becomes a bit laggy like when checking Outlook, so I hope WISE will fix this asap.

Cool! I just installed the trial and as soon as I turn it on, torrent downloads shoot to full speed. Still nothing from @longbit, though...

#168 August 8 2014

Truepeace

Today I checked the dl speed at 4:30 am and it was full speed and yesterday same thing at 3h30 am (still full speed even if I fully close uTorrent and restart it) but now back to max 6kb/sec ....

#169 August 9 2014

DarkNe0441

This is getting ridiculous, I can barely load a 240p video on youtube. And I have the 2MB unlimited package.

#170 August 9 2014

DANGER

Same here man

#171 August 9 2014

DarkNe0441

Waiting for longbit to reply. Almost giving up on Wise.

#172 August 13 2014

m_zeid

I have a good feeling about this :)

#173 August 13 2014

TrollFatGuy

m_zeid a good feeling about what? I have been praying for weeks on end to be able to play 360p youtube again without an answer. Please tell me you have some good news.

#174 August 13 2014

Jean-b

I'm able to play 360p youtube videos on the WiseBox (wireless) without any problem since last week, even 480p most of the time.. It's weird it seems that the Wise wireless connections are now better than dsl...

#175 August 13 2014

Truepeace

I called them today expecting to see some progress or updates but the staff told me that torrents' speed is slowed down when there is high traffic on the network, I wanted to laugh so badly enno seriously? I told him I don't think so because it's like this all day (yes with a v. big number of seeders when he asked) and that when I use my vpn it reaches full speed, and that direct downloads where never or barely affected by what he called high traffic. Then he was confused and said that this is what they think. I don't blame him but the higher team of support because you really want us to believe such a thing "da8et 3al chabakeh" instead of saying that you're working on it...
I'm very disappointed. I was used to a very high quality of support from WISE but now they're letting us down.

Last edited by Truepeace (August 13 2014)

Board footer