LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#226 November 29 2014

Truepeace

Re: Feedback for WISE

But if we re register with WISE, will everything be good again? Because my friend who registered after the upgrades had like a 2+mbit speed. However I don't know if he has the torrent issue since he's not in Lebanon now. But I don't think it's worth trying since they are letting us down now.

#227 December 1 2014

m_zeid

So i gave them a call asking for unsubscribing, the lady kept me on hold  and another lady picked up, asking why I want to stop the service. I told her that I don't need it any more, didn't tell her that I'm leaving them to ogero, so she replied by just don't recharge this month, and it will be over beginning the next month.

Is she telling the truth? eventually yeah it will stop but i mean really the next month I will be able to subscribe with ogero?

#228 December 2 2014

Truepeace

@TrollFatGuy @m_zeid if you can update us on what will be happening next with you that would be great because I'm waiting for january/februray to leave WISE (unless a miracle)

#229 December 9 2014

mmk92

Anyone here have a dlink DSL-2730U? It has so much more settings to configure than other routers and I'm not able to configure it properly

Edit: Installed it using the included CD, it automatically detected most of the settings and the rest was provided for me over the phone.

Last edited by mmk92 (December 9 2014)

#230 January 16 2015

longbit

how's your internet experience now ?

#231 January 16 2015

TrollFatGuy

Still quite bad actually; playing MOBA games is acceptable during the day but from 1 pm till 12 am the ping on almost all servers rises to about 350 stable... During that time I cannot reach a 60kb/s download speed... Also, YouTube is NEVER playable... I do not not about you guys, but torrents are the only thing working for me now...

#232 January 16 2015

Aly

Latency for online gaming is perfect day and night stable 70-80 ms (at least for me).
Browsing is very good as well.
Youtube and video streaming is now better during the day, slow during peak hours, but better than before, it was never playable before at any given moment.

#233 January 16 2015

m_zeid

I left wise.

#234 January 17 2015

thephoenician

Is FUP applied on Wise's 1Mb unlimited plan?

#235 January 19 2015

longbit

@thephonician yes it is.

#236 January 22 2015

Truepeace

I just tried torrenting without a VPN and it reached full speed! Didn't expect that coming, and I hope it's not temporary. I used to stay connected all day to my VPN because of the torrent slowdown.
For videos, I am now used to put Youtube videos at 240p to watch them without interruption. 360p is sometimes very slow at some parts of the day.
I tried changing the DNS from my Tp link modem to Opendns because at some times facebook and youtube browsing at night was almost Impossible so I thought maybe it would help, at first the OpenDNS check succeeded but now it fails although the settings are still on my modem but I don't care anymore since facebook is now much better I guess.

However, there is still a major problem, the "3am yechte8lo bil centrale" thing which is getting so frustrating, I still have 0.85 mbit/sec while my friend who recently subscribed to Ogero has 4mbit with his plan and it gets even more than that after midnight. I don't get it if WISE can't do anything to upgrade my speed and if Ogero refuses to upgrade a line that isn't theirs, what's the solution ? Moving to Ogero??We'll eventually do it if WISE doesn't fix things with Ogero...

Last edited by Truepeace (January 23 2015)

#237 February 5 2015

kamalkh

Any news about the "Promised" Speed upgrades? its february 2015 and counting...

#238 February 14 2015

Alloushi

I was pretty much satisifed when I was using Wise from late 2013 and 2014 but this year it's getting shittier than ever, when I was subscribed to the 1mbps plan I was getting solid 120 kb/s after I was subscribed to 2mbps plan I'm getting 95kb/s and it's ridiculous.
I want to change to Sodetel.

#239 February 14 2015

nosense

Alloushi wrote:

worst. idea. ever.

#240 February 14 2015

Hybrid

aliessayli2 wrote:
Alloushi wrote:

worst. idea. ever.

I agree. Based on all the reviews on this forum....

#241 March 21 2015

Moudimadi

Hello guys, I live in Doha Aramoun related to central khalde. I've got Sodetel ADSL 8 Mbit speed after the upgrades. Getting 1 Mbit since 2 years and a half. Ping is like shit! browsing isn't so good, and i need more than 1 Mbit coz i work on internet alot! Do you advice me to Change to Wise? or it's not better? i want better pings and faster speed! i dont want more than 2 mbit! But not 1 as sodetel is giving me! Reply please, Thank you :).

#242 March 23 2015

ironman

I Cancelled my Subscription with Sodetel, Feeling good (you should try it guys)
I got a temporary connection from a local provider waiting for Ogero

#243 April 2 2015

Truepeace

I GOT THE SPEED UPGRADE!! (badda caps)

http://goo.gl/N2Rarj
WISE called me a month ago saying my line supported up to 6mbit after doing the feasibility test and they told me to choose a new plan (although I was already in the 2M45). So I chose the 4M30 and today at midnight I noticed the blazing fast speed!!
Thanks WISE! (Better late than never...)
It should have been 4mbit but I'm glad I passed the 0.85mbit

However, the torrent issue is back, but it's a minor issue now..

Last edited by Truepeace (April 2 2015)

#244 April 6 2015

kamalkh

In what Area or Central are you at Truepeace and should we start asking for the upgrade if we didnt' get upgraded yet ?

#245 April 6 2015

NAM

Truepeace wrote:

I GOT THE SPEED UPGRADE!! (badda caps)

http://goo.gl/N2Rarj
WISE called me a month ago saying my line supported up to 6mbit after doing the feasibility test and they told me to choose a new plan (although I was already in the 2M45). So I chose the 4M30 and today at midnight I noticed the blazing fast speed!!
Thanks WISE! (Better late than never...)
It should have been 4mbit but I'm glad I passed the 0.85mbit

However, the torrent issue is back, but it's a minor issue now..

can you try ping to London please ?

#246 April 7 2015

Truepeace

NAM wrote:

Well now they got me downgraded to 2mbit (1.7 on speedtest) because they were just testing if the 4mbit works well on my line and it will be activated on the 1st of May.
Tested on the London server and the ping is 108ms. (why? fifa?  )

#247 April 7 2015

Truepeace

kamalkh wrote:

In what Area or Central are you at Truepeace and should we start asking for the upgrade if we didnt' get upgraded yet ?

Araya/Kahale
Just tell them to check if they sent a request for Ogero for your plan change/speed upgrade.
My friend at IDM in Kfarchima also noticed a speed upgrade from 2 to 4 mbit only for half a day so maybe the're also testing his line.

Last edited by Truepeace (April 7 2015)

#248 April 7 2015

NAM

Truepeace wrote:
NAM wrote:

Well now they got me downgraded to 2mbit (1.7 on speedtest) because they were just testing if the 4mbit works well on my line and it will be activated on the 1st of May.

Well I am an IDM subscriber and i wanted to check your ping as a guide line my ping is 4272088100.png

Last edited by NAM (April 7 2015)

#249 April 7 2015

NAM

NAM wrote:
Truepeace wrote:
NAM wrote:

Well I am an IDM subscriber and i wanted to check your ping as a guide line my ping is http://www.speedtest.net/result/4272088100.png

very surprised today .. cause i usually get 110-120 ms

#250 April 15 2015

Truepeace

"In an effort to enhance the quality of service during night time for our DSL customers, the free night traffic feature will remain only available on our 1M and 2M unlimited plans, effective 1st of May 2015."
Noobs.
At least IDM announced a 3$ extra fee for reactivating it.

Board footer