LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 14 2012

Abbabbj

WhatsApp on PC and phone simultaneously?

Hello all,
I need to install WhatsApp on my phone and PC at the same time, I manged to get it run from the PC using android emulator but I had to re-verify my number, also when you want to use it on your phone back you have to re-verify your number (WhatsApp may block your number for service abuse) I want to know how does WhatsApp identify the way I am connecting I think it is not through the IMEI because when we change phones we don't have to re-verify it ("I think" because I didn't try it so I am not so sure) and I don't think it is through the SIM data, so what parameter makes my phone different from my PC so that I will try to make it the same in both (if applicable)?
I have alternatives:I can use other texting service which I normally don't use on my phone ex: Viber but my contacts should have Viber installed
and I can use one of my parent's phone numbers for WhatsApp on my PC but if one saved this number as me then he would by mistake call my parents instead of me
the reason why I am looking for this is that I find it distracting to work on the phone and PC at the same time so I prefer to centralize my work (on phone when using it and on pc when using it)
anyone knows where can I a SIM reader/writer or a SIM modem?
thanks

I think this should be in the mobile section but I didn't know where to post it so I posted it here

#2 October 16 2012

Link-

Re: WhatsApp on PC and phone simultaneously?

WhatsApp uses the XMPP protocol, below you can find a link to the open repository for 2 WhatsApp web interfaces using PHP or Python your choice.

https://github.com/venomous0x/WhatsAPI

I think you can write an ajaxified version with the above as its backend code, of course you need to add all the functionality to it and communication with the client side, but it's definitely doable in a couple of days.

Edit
--
The reason why the above works is because of whatsapp's very unsecure authentication method. Indeed it uses IEMI as password

http://samgranger.com/whatsapp-is-using … passwords/
--

Fork the repo and if you can come up with something interesting, please share :)

Last edited by Link- (October 16 2012)

#3 October 16 2012

AvoK95

Use your land line number, when it fails to send the SMS, press "Call Me" and verify like that.

#4 October 16 2012

rtp

anybody knows how can i install whatsapp on an android tablet? note that i don't have any android phone.

#5 October 16 2012

AvoK95

rtp wrote:

anybody knows how can i install whatsapp on an android tablet? note that i don't have any android phone.

Download the apk file from 4Shared.com

#6 October 16 2012

rtp

AvoK95 wrote:
rtp wrote:

Download the apk file from 4Shared.com

i think i already tried that, but i got and error message stating that whatsapp doesn't support tablet.

#7 October 16 2012

AvoK95

Go to Settings > Applications > and tick "Unknown Sources" and try again. If it doesn't work, download it from Whatsapp.com

#8 October 16 2012

rtp

went to "settings" -> "Apps" no "Unknown Sources" to tick

#9 October 16 2012

AvoK95

rtp wrote:

Search for it

#10 October 16 2012

rtp

AvoK95 wrote:
rtp wrote:

Search for it

hahah lol i did there is nothing, i can only click on clear data or on the bottom "Show all", yes i clicked on show more and no "Unknown Sources"

#11 October 16 2012

AvoK95

Try Settings > Security > Device Administration

#12 October 16 2012

rtp

found it, it is already checked , like i said the problem isn't installing it since i already done that. 
I have the error "tablets are not supported" when i run the application.

#13 October 16 2012

AvoK95

I have installed Whatsapp on tablets billions and billions of times .
You can try your luck on Google or something. I confirm that it works though.

Last edited by AvoK95 (October 16 2012)

#14 October 16 2012

rtp

well i did some search a while ago and the methods seem to involve an android phone, which i don't have

#15 October 17 2012

Abbabbj

hello

AvoK95 wrote:

Use your land line number, when it fails to send the SMS, press "Call Me" and verify like that.

it is not a verification issue only it is identification too (WhatsApp will identify that it is working on 2 devices) did it work for you-since I don't have a land number to try it or you are just creating a second account?

Link- wrote:

WhatsApp uses the XMPP protocol, below you can find a link to the open repository for 2 WhatsApp web interfaces using PHP or Python your choice.
https://github.com/venomous0x/WhatsAPI
I think you can write an ajaxified version with the above as its backend code, of course you need to add all the functionality to it and communication with the client side, but it's definitely doable in a couple of days.
Edit
--
The reason why the above works is because of whatsapp's very unsecure authentication method. Indeed it uses IEMI as password
http://samgranger.com/whatsapp-is-using … passwords/
--
Fork the repo and if you can come up with something interesting, please share :)

I have zero background in programming but I am willing to learn when I finish my graduate studies so I think I can't do that, thanks for your help

#16 October 23 2012

AvoK95

You can't use the same number on 2 devices. You need to get a second number in order to use it.

#17 November 27 2012

Dierderik

This video shows how to use whatsapp simultaneously on your phone and pc: http://youtu.be/PZrVK5fOT74

#18 June 12 2013

Adnan

Yes you can. After setting up Whatsapp with your landline number, you will have to enter a verification code that is supposedly sent by SMS, this will fail, and you will ask them to call you. When they call you, you will get the verification code. Enter it and proceed.

Board footer