LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 September 7 2014

NuclearVision

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

Try to unplug your modem, it happens even with other ISPs, do you have tp-link ?

#177 September 11 2014

bigjudge

After 2 months of perfect speed. Terranet is implementing FUP starting at the begining of this month. The weird thing is they start at 9 pm untill 3 am then speed is back to normal. At this period speed barely passes 40 k/s, Moreover when download reaches 60% it stops period. When i restart it manually, it works for few minutes then stops again, HTTPS dont work at all. Called Terra and complained many times. Is There anything i can do?

#178 September 14 2014

sillypooh

bigjudge wrote:

After 2 months of perfect speed. Terranet is implementing FUP starting at the begining of this month. The weird thing is they start at 9 pm untill 3 am then speed is back to normal. At this period speed barely passes 40 k/s,

This is not new. It's been like this for the last few years now. 3 am has always been the end of the FUP mode.

bigjudge wrote:

Moreover when download reaches 60% it stops period. When i restart it manually, it works for few minutes then stops again, HTTPS dont work at all. Called Terra and complained many times.

I've never noticed that. If anything, it could depend on the amount rather than the percentage you download.
HTTPS is obviously slower but it never stops completely.

bigjudge wrote:

Is There anything i can do?

Nope, nothing.

#179 September 14 2014

thephoenician

sillypooh wrote:
bigjudge wrote:

After 2 months of perfect speed. Terranet is implementing FUP starting at the begining of this month. The weird thing is they start at 9 pm untill 3 am then speed is back to normal. At this period speed barely passes 40 k/s,

This is not new. It's been like this for the last few years now. 3 am has always been the end of the FUP mode.

What plan are you on?

#180 September 15 2014

bigjudge

2 mb before and after the upgrades, I understand that FUP has been implemented for years at Terranet, I was just talking about the 2 months period after the upgrade, they had no FUP at all.

#181 September 15 2014

sillypooh

thephoenician wrote:
sillypooh wrote:

What plan are you on?

I'm on 8Mb. But I've been on 2Mb then 4Mb. Same FUP schedules.

The new regulations have been hurting everyone, irrelevant of plan or ISP. It seems obvious that Ogero is to blame (it competes with ISPs for business and provides some of their connections). Now, even if some ISPs have different ways of getting their bandwidth, they have become obliged to juggle with them now, when they didn't really have to before.

We'll have to wait for something to happen. Hopefully sooner than later.

#182 November 11 2014

EzikMezik

I am subscribed to the 2MB/s plan and for weeks now I have been experiencing extremely slow internet speeds just after 5PM SHARP everyday without exception and it usually gets back to normal sometime after midnight since I wake up in the morning to check on my download speeds. I called terra customer care to see what's the problem and the guy always claims my line is perfectly fine, also asked about FUP a couple times and they claim they have no idea. When does the FUP usually kick in for most of you? And is there any way to get around this without changing ISP? Will upgrading my plan solve this issue?

I have included screenshots so you can see what I am talking about.
Both are tested on the same server.

i3DZaZt.png

6MRk6pV.png

#183 November 11 2014

DG

Are you sure your no one has your WI-FI password ? It could be on Terranet's side and it could also be someone who has your WI-FI password and a scheduled downloader that starts at 5:00 pm or they just get home from work and use your internet.

#184 November 11 2014

EzikMezik

I have changed my password yesterday night so this cannot be possible. I only have my PC connected.

#185 November 17 2014

bigjudge

@ EzikMezik I have the same exact problem, from 5 pm daily until 3 am, speed is at 256k, horrible, called a billion times, sent many emails, they have no clue to whats going on, they are in complete denial, u should see great speed 24 hrs a day from the 14th of every month until the 17th, then speed will gradually degrade until it hits 256k again. the loop starts again. This have been the issue since the upgrade in July. Dont worry no one is using your wifi, it is just terranet being terranet.

#186 November 18 2014

hussam

It is likely they throttle everyone at 5PM to avoid congestion at peak hours.

#187 November 18 2014

EzikMezik

bigjudge wrote:

@ EzikMezik I have the same exact problem, from 5 pm daily until 3 am, speed is at 256k, horrible, called a billion times, sent many emails, they have no clue to whats going on, they are in complete denial, u should see great speed 24 hrs a day from the 14th of every month until the 17th, then speed will gradually degrade until it hits 256k again. the loop starts again. This have been the issue since the upgrade in July. Dont worry no one is using your wifi, it is just terranet being terranet.

Well that's weird, because I didn't even get even near average speeds from 14th to 17th Nov, did they tell you that? Or does this only happen to you? And do you know if this is related to the 2mbps plan? Do you know someone who has 4mbps or 8mbps and if they suffer from the same issue? Sorry for the many questions it's only that I don't have any friends that are on terranet so no one to compare with >.>

#188 November 20 2014

bigjudge

Terranet is not a truthful company, they always say, "we have no slowdown problems" it happened to me and three of my friends, we all are connected to the same central, all terranet. No we all have the 2 mb speed, The central is Tripoli /tall.

#189 November 21 2014

EzikMezik

It's 1:00AM and the speed has suddenly become great, it's been like this since 11:00PM , I don't know if they fixed it or it's just me, but my ping doesn't go over 100ms on any EU server and the DL speed is great, I hope it stays like this. GG terranet.

#190 November 24 2014

ali_ammar

i'm subscribed to 4mb plan , and the download between 9pm - 3 am still 30-50 kb/s what i can do ?
terranet is worrest company ever

Last edited by ali_ammar (November 24 2014)

#191 November 24 2014

EzikMezik

ali_ammar wrote:

i'm subscribed to 4mb plan , and the download between 9pm - 3 am still 30-50 kb/s what i can do ?
terranet is worrest company ever

You can't really do anything it's a problem on their end, you got 2 choices that both demand some kind of sacrifice:
1- Wait for the issue to get fixed. They always say they are working on it but who knows what they are actually doing, they have been working on this since September.
2- Change isp, and stay a moth without internet. Which sucks. Or you could subscribe to a cable guy.

#192 December 6 2014

ManOwaRR

anyone having latency problems with terranet my latency went up to 300-500ms ? everytime I call they say we have a problem ? anyone else having the same issues

#193 January 21 2015

AvoK95

Any feedback on their unlimited package?

#194 February 2 2015

Silentcontrol

i don't recommend terranet they "always have some kind of problems" that's what they say every time you call witch is everyday
and unlimited package are not really unlimited at any provider its just a marketing you usually have some kind of limit witch when you come close to you'll be subdued to fair usage policy and that will slow your internet dramatically.
i recommend getting the same price limited plan would be much better and faster

#195 February 6 2015

EzikMezik

How's the ping for you guys nowadays? Online games are basically unplayable for me after 5:00PM, pings ranging from 300-600ms,
anyone else getting that?

#196 February 17 2015

A.L

hello everyone I'm with sodetel now and their new FUP plan is torture, I'm thinking of going to terranet 70 GB plan, do you recommend it?

#197 March 21 2015

amkahal

Hi Guys, I was a reseller for Terranet DSL 2 years ago, today a salesman from terranet called me and advertised a new DSL offer. anyway he claimed that the Internet quality has changed after being horrible. anybody can confirm that terranet has a good and stable internet connection ??

#198 March 22 2015

bigjudge

amkahal wrote:

Hi Guys, I was a reseller for Terranet DSL 2 years ago, today a salesman from terranet called me and advertised a new DSL offer. anyway he claimed that the Internet quality has changed after being horrible. anybody can confirm that terranet has a good and stable internet connection ??

If you scroll and read some of my posts above, you will see how horrible Terranet has been, however, couple of weeks ago, their service became much better, there is still the ping issue. Moreover, even if you download at max speed, streaming is horrible. I guess wait for a month and check back to see if thing are still good.

#199 March 23 2015

amkahal

bigjudge wrote:
amkahal wrote:

If you scroll and read some of my posts above, you will see how horrible Terranet has been, however, couple of weeks ago, their service became much better, there is still the ping issue. Moreover, even if you download at max speed, streaming is horrible. I guess wait for a month and check back to see if thing are still good.

I understood from your post that they are applying some speed throttling policies on video streaming, Therefore, they are still BAD.

thank you anyway.

#200 April 15 2015

achkar

I have an 8Mbps Terranet and a backup 1Mbps sodetel connection. Terranet has been horrible recently (they usually get bad when summer nears -- it has nothing to do with the lines as my attainable rate is 15Mbps). They also get especially bad during weekends and holidays. I sometimes get faster speeds on my 1Mbps connection than on my 8Mbps connection.

Board footer