LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 June 12 2014

OxyMoron

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

I was just told by a TerraNet employee that the plans won't be effective until Aug 1.

#152 June 27 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

hey, can you guys test on speedtest.net on paris hosted by orange server?(i'm with ogero)here is my test:3589139026.png

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (June 27 2014)

#153 June 27 2014

amkahal

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

hey, can you guys test on speedtest.net on paris hosted by orange server?(i'm with ogero)here is my test:http://www.speedtest.net/result/3589139026.png

Im an Ex-subscriber with Terranet and i want to tell you something, Terranet DSL was excellent before 4 or 5 PM, but sometime they put me on Satellite instead of fiber so the latency become ~300ms, but after 5 PM, it become a disaster, speed is below 300 Kbps for 1M account.

take into consideration that the test is made at peak time to know the real quality of Terranet DSL.

#154 June 27 2014

m_zeid

3589161707.png

#155 June 30 2014

partam

It's 11:20 and i'm already getting 1.85Mbps

#156 June 30 2014

partam

We still have free night quota

#157 July 1 2014

Leonedes

They removed the "Free Unlimited Night Quota" title that was written under my plan on the website. However, if I check out my consumption, I can still find both the "billed" and "unbilled" parts of the pie-chart. So I'm guessing unlimited night quota still applies for now.

#158 July 1 2014

OxyMoron

Leonedes wrote:

They removed the "Free Unlimited Night Quota" title that was written under my plan on the website. However, if I check out my consumption, I can still find both the "billed" and "unbilled" parts of the pie-chart. So I'm guessing unlimited night quota still applies for now.

Same here..

244zgpy.jpg

I'm downgrading to 40GB next month, there's no way i'm gonna be using 70GB a month with unlimited night traffic being an option.

Last edited by OxyMoron (July 1 2014)

#159 July 1 2014

A.I.

I'm subscribed to the 2Mb Unlimited plan. Called technical support(hotline) multiple times to get more info about the FUP. Every time they told me "بصراحة ما عندي فكرة" and asked me to call customer care which when I called, asked me to call technical support to know more about FUP. What I have noticed is that torrent download speed does't exceed 15 KB/s between 6:00 PM and 3:00 AM.

#160 July 1 2014

OxyMoron

A.I. wrote:

I'm subscribed to the 2Mb Unlimited plan. Called technical support(hotline) multiple times to get more info about the FUP. Every time they told me "بصراحة ما عندي فكرة" and asked me to call customer care which when I called, asked me to call technical support to know more about FUP. What I have noticed is that torrent download speed does't exceed 15 KB/s between 6:00 PM and 3:00 AM.

When does your Unlimited period start 11:00 or 2:00? I picked 2:00 and never been FUP'd ever since, they also give me extra 2GB for free every month.

#161 July 7 2014

thephoenician

OxyMoron wrote:
Leonedes wrote:

Same here..
I'm downgrading to 40GB next month, there's no way i'm gonna be using 70GB a month with unlimited night traffic being an option.

guys how's your connection going so far ? Do you still have unlimited night traffic or they started to bill consumption after 11 pm?

#162 July 8 2014

Leonedes

thephoenician wrote:
OxyMoron wrote:
Leonedes wrote:

Same here..

guys how's your connection going so far ? Do you still have unlimited night traffic or they started to bill consumption after 11 pm?

Yep, unlimited night quota is still there, as my unbilled usage exceeds my billed usage by far. However, there is no mention of the word "unlimited night quota" anywhere on the website.

#163 July 8 2014

thephoenician

Yep, unlimited night quota is still there, as my unbilled usage exceeds my billed usage by far. However, there is no mention of the word "unlimited night quota" anywhere on the website.

Thanks Leonedes, yeah I noticed that too and that's not a good sign. How much is your unbilled usage so far? And does the connection get slower at night?

#164 July 8 2014

OxyMoron

I've downloaded at least 25+ GB since recharging, my total usage:

2wnw8dz.jpg

Unlimited night traffic is definitely still there. I don't have slowdowns as of yet, it's going perfectly smooth.

#165 July 8 2014

thephoenician

Last edited by thephoenician (August 2 2017)

#166 July 8 2014

bigjudge

My speed was throttled today to 108 kb/s. I have the 70 gigs plan. Called Terranet. the rep said that this issue is from Ogero. the speeds will stay like that for the next 3 weeks at least. any terra users facing the same issue?

PS this speed is 24 hrs a day. FUP has nothing to do with it. .

#167 July 10 2014

OxyMoron

bigjudge wrote:

My speed was throttled today to 108 kb/s. I have the 70 gigs plan. Called Terranet. the rep said that this issue is from Ogero. the speeds will stay like that for the next 3 weeks at least. any terra users facing the same issue?

PS this speed is 24 hrs a day. FUP has nothing to do with it. .

I'm getting the same speed i'm subscribed for.

#168 July 22 2014

Rendo

I called Terranet Costumer Support and they told me they might cancel the unlimited night traffic since Ogero canceled it. Can anyone confirm this?

#169 July 23 2014

thephoenician

Rendo wrote:

I called Terranet Costumer Support and they told me they might cancel the unlimited night traffic since Ogero canceled it. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes Terranet told me that too.

#170 July 23 2014

OxyMoron

thephoenician wrote:
Rendo wrote:

Yes Terranet told me that too.

That would be a huge blow.

#171 August 1 2014

OxyMoron

Any updated news about the cancellation of the unlimited night traffic? Are they still talking about this?
I recharged today and i have to wait until 2:00 to check

#172 August 30 2014

Asura

Is their someone how have  a wigo and subscribe to terraNet.They say free quota from 12:am to 12:00 pm. So I need some information about the speed during that time and if their is an fup and how fup works.

#173 September 3 2014

solo220

Asura wrote:

Is their someone how have  a wigo and subscribe to terraNet.They say free quota from 12:am to 12:00 pm. So I need some information about the speed during that time and if their is an fup and how fup works.

I have a cruise account (1Mbs) on wigo/terranet  , i did'nt notice any speed difference between night and day but the download rate has decrease since 1st of August and it's barely touching 0.6 Mbs and less.

#174 September 7 2014

eWizzard

Currently using a proxy because I can't login to the LebGeeks forums. Every time I try to login or register, I get this:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Connection aborted"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Anyone else having this?

#175 September 7 2014

eWizzard

Currently using a proxy because I can't login to the LebGeeks forums. Every time I try to login or register, I get this:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Connection aborted"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Anyone else having this?

EDIT: It just gave me the error again even with the proxy, hence the double post.

Last edited by eWizzard (September 7 2014)

Board footer