LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#126 November 12 2013

amkahal

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

Can anyone confirm the blocking of torrents for TerraNet?

#127 November 16 2013

maulader

I've contacted them today since I've been having bad latency spikes/packet loss for the past month or so. Gaming is almost not-possible even during early morning at some days. The issue has been getting worse day by day. I've been told that the issue is universal and they've been working on it for awhile, can anyone from Terranet users about packet loss issues while gaming? And how's your gaming experience lately?

On a side note, this has been the most stable month when it comes to download speeds, there was a usually a drop in speed at nights especially when the 11pm mark hits. But I've been downloading game patches/torrents and other stuff at a consistent 200kbs+ (2mb plan)

Can anyone confirm the blocking of torrents for TerraNet?

#128 November 17 2013

vic

Torrents have been blocked for me on Terranet for about 3 months now.

Works fine during the day but after 11pm it becomes impossible to connect to trackers.

Same experience at 2 other friends who also have Terranet accounts. I called and complained: They claim they have no such policy and it must be a temporary problem, if I call during the day [to actually talk to someone from networking] they ask me to run a torrent and it works fine, if I call after 11 when it isn't working - they tell me to call during the day to talk to networking.

It's hilariously pathetic.

#129 November 17 2013

maulader

Come to think of it, I had the same issue last month. At 11pm, all torrents would just stop or download at max 5kbs. Did you try leaving them on all night? I have netlimiter installed and use it for the time table to see when/if things are being downloaded during the night, and usually around 3am everything gets unblocked and goes full speed (with some exceptions)

#130 November 18 2013

enthralled

maulader wrote:

usually around 3am everything gets unblocked and goes full speed (with some exceptions)

Same here.

#131 November 18 2013

amkahal

enthralled wrote:
maulader wrote:

usually around 3am everything gets unblocked and goes full speed (with some exceptions)

Same here.

I will try and post feedback.

#132 December 12 2013

maulader

maulader wrote:

I've contacted them today since I've been having bad latency spikes/packet loss for the past month or so. Gaming is almost not-possible even during early morning at some days. The issue has been getting worse day by day. I've been told that the issue is universal and they've been working on it for awhile, can anyone from Terranet users about packet loss issues while gaming? And how's your gaming experience lately?

I've contacted them more then a month ago about this and still no fix. I've been calling every now and then but the reply is always the same "the issue is not from your side". And I thought they had stability issues before, but this is just ridiculous.

Anyone else with these issues? If possible state your region.

#133 January 15 2014

amkahal

Hello guys, I'm facing bad days with Terranet DSL, speed after 6 PM is no more than 256 kbps on 1 Mbps Plan, who can confirm?

#134 January 15 2014

NuclearVision

@amkahal I am facing this problem too with a "cable reseller" ISPs. My ip who-is test shows terranet.
But frankly appstore downloads hit 10mbps.

#135 January 16 2014

amkahal

NuclearVision wrote:

@amkahal I am facing this problem too with a "cable reseller" ISPs. My ip who-is test shows terranet.
But frankly appstore downloads hit 10mbps.

maybe you are downloading from cache.

#136 January 16 2014

NuclearVision

@amkahal a while ago I had a small VPS somewhere in Europe, used it as a seed box, the speed hit 1MB/s, I doubt they cached that one.

#137 January 23 2014

ManOwaRR

Each 3 pings, 2 request timeouts.

#138 January 23 2014

maulader

This has been me for 3 months, I'm finally unsubscribing at the end of the month.

#139 January 24 2014

DG

I am with Ogero (see Ogero's thread) and the past 10 days have been very annoying to say the least. I get a lot of ping timeouts at various times of the day and sometimes the gaming/browsing connection just randomly dies for 5 mins (ping still works when that happens though). This could be not directly related to Terranet.

#140 January 24 2014

geekevo

Could be a problem from your side, check your line stats and modem.

#141 March 13 2014

bigjudge

Anyone having horrible speed after 10 pm every night for the past week? called terra, they said we have no issues. The weird thing at 7 am speed goes back to normal. Do they have a new FUP policy?
3368761348.png

#142 March 31 2014

bigjudge

No Terranet users are having any speed issues?. The problem started about 25 days ago. my speed at 8:59 pm is 208 k/s when it hits 9:00 it drops to 10 k/s and stays like that until 3 am. i can't even open https websites. Facebook is almost impossible. The weird thing that i thought when April starts i will have my speed back. No luck still the same crappy speed. I called terra many times and complaint, nothing happened. Does anyone knows anything at all to whats happening? What are my options if i wanna change ISPs? I don't want to wait 3 months again to be reconnected to the internet. Do you think Ogero is a good alternative? Does anyone knows how to reach someone at terranet that can help fixing this problem?

Please help. Thanks a lot.

#143 April 1 2014

geekevo

Technical support on the phone line for some reason is useless on most isps. Try emailing them much better response as of my experience.

#144 May 2 2014

ramiraz

Anyone having incredibly slow downloads on steam with terra?

#145 May 5 2014

bigjudge

ramiraz wrote:

Anyone having incredibly slow downloads on steam with terra?

i have been having extreme slow download speeds on everything including streams, terranet is not a good isp anymore.

#146 May 21 2014

OxyMoron

I sent them an E-mail with a piece of my mind, told them how their support team think they are outsmarting people using manipulative ways to dodge the real issue as long as they aren't at fault, and i suggested that they terminate my connection because i have been waiting on them for months to fix the ping and the slow speeds, i'm one of the customers that approved to be switched to 2:00 unlimited period instead of 11:00 thinking that not too many people would be on at 2:00 downloading, but it hasn't made much difference the speed still significantly drops. Today they called me twice, and the caller was way too nice i almost thought it was a set up, he apologized for the bad service and told me that starting next month the quota of my current connection (1 Mbit, 12GB) will likely become 2Mbit, 40GB and almost half what i currently pay for, so i'll give them benefit of the doubt and wait to see how it's gonna turn out although without proper infrastructure in my area i won't be getting 2Mbit any time soon, but the increased quota sounds like a good deal.

#147 May 21 2014

Obviously

OxyMoron wrote:

I sent them an E-mail with a piece of my mind, told them how their support team think they are outsmarting people using manipulative ways to dodge the real issue as long as they aren't at fault, and i suggested that they terminate my connection because i have been waiting on them for months to fix the ping and the slow speeds, i'm one of the customers that approved to be switched to 2:00 unlimited period instead of 11:00 thinking that not too many people would be on at 2:00 downloading, but it hasn't made much difference the speed still significantly drops. Today they called me twice, and the caller was way too nice i almost thought it was a set up, he apologized for the bad service and told me that starting next month the quota of my current connection (1 Mbit, 12GB) will likely become 2Mbit, 40GB and almost half what i currently pay for, so i'll give them benefit of the doubt and wait to see how it's gonna turn out although without proper infrastructure in my area i won't be getting 2Mbit any time soon, but the increased quota sounds like a good deal.

Okay, but what's the use if your problems are not fixed?

#148 May 22 2014

OxyMoron

Obviously wrote:
OxyMoron wrote:

Okay, but what's the use if your problems are not fixed?

He said it should all be fixed after the renewal cycle next month.

#149 May 23 2014

Obviously

I really don't understand how you guys under the rule of Terranet haven't burnt down their HQs yet. When I have problems with my Sodetel Internet, I always come here to feel better about it. But I am fed up with Sodetel, going to finally switch to Ogero soon. I hope Terranet gets better for you guys.

#150 May 23 2014

OxyMoron

Obviously wrote:

I really don't understand how you guys under the rule of Terranet haven't burnt down their HQs yet. When I have problems with my Sodetel Internet, I always come here to feel better about it. But I am fed up with Sodetel, going to finally switch to Ogero soon. I hope Terranet gets better for you guys.

The waiting time to be allowed to switch to a new ISP, having to pay new connection setup fees all over again, and above all connectivity hit and miss of Lebanese ISPs, highly unreliable, in some areas it might be great, in others its just bad so you can't rely on reviews and reputation alone because the stability is not on a global scale across the country. I think Ogero is the way to go though, i'm thinking about ditching TerraNet for good. I don't mind a week or even a month of bad internet as long as the staff admit fault and tell you straight up that they are working on a fix instead of taking people for fools and giving basic solutions that do not work such as, restart computer, reboot router, etc etc.. the honest approach with customers develops commitment with them so they'll put up with your downtime without instantly thinking of an alternative, sadly in Lebanon there is no such thing and the common approach of every ISP is to deny and lie, i mean i talk to them on the phone sometimes and just shake my head in disbelieve that they actually get paid for this.

Last edited by OxyMoron (May 23 2014)

Board footer