LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 September 4 2013

ManOwaRR

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

well honestly I don't know the net infrastructure in Lebanon is bad so it's really hard to recommend  , from some users feedback ogero seems to be stable with a decent latency for gaming, i'll  give terra net few days to solve their issues if  I heard  nothing till than i'll check both isp and decide which is the best to go and let you know

#102 September 6 2013

maulader

After calling them quite a few times the past few days, I finally get a call today that fixes origin again however no latency fix. So I proceed to the yelling phase, 20mins and my latency was fixed, the customer service dude insisted that I downloaded a game from origin while he waits on the phone so he can be sure latency got fixed *facepalm*
Latency now is 100ms to google, going to test this for a few days on various games. Origin store is suddenly in dutch now and can't be reverted back to english, I think i'll try SWTOR on it and see if it holds out without breaking again.

#103 September 6 2013

ManOwaRR

my latency is fixed as well now , but no origin fix although a fix is in work and blamed ogero for this mess , no wonder it's all monopoly and shit again that's the country lucky you got your origin fixed though

#104 September 6 2013

maulader

ManOwaRR wrote:

my latency is fixed as well now , but no origin fix although a fix is in work and blamed ogero for this mess , no wonder it's all monopoly and shit again that's the country lucky you got your origin fixed though

You called them and they blamed ogero? or i'm misunderstanding this? I would trade with you if I could, I don't need origin for now. I'm still planning on switching anyway despite this, I have issues with other games that they blamed on me and too much congesture at night hours.
Also the latency isn't as good as it was before for me, I hope it gets better later on...:/ I'm experiencing few spikes.

#105 September 6 2013

ManOwaRR

they blamed ogero for origin problem , i'am back to 76ms on google and 80-90ms in games so it's all good and nice but origin can't connect as we speak,  they said in few days everything will be good again , I hope they're true with that

#106 September 6 2013

samer
Admin

Latency was fixed for me today (I'm now getting similar latencies as you). For anyone else suffering from high latency (500-1000 ms) call tech support and open a case. Then call every day and follow up until they fix it.

#107 September 6 2013

enthralled

samer wrote:

Latency was fixed for me today (I'm now getting similar latencies as you). For anyone else suffering from high latency (500-1000 ms) call tech support and open a case. Then call every day and follow up until they fix it.

Compared to lebanese customer care, they're surprisingly good in following up with cases. Even emailing them works. Although they don't email back, they eventually call you (slower process than us calling them, but still works). That's mainly what keeps me from switching isp.

#108 September 6 2013

samer
Admin

@enthralled: I believe this is a positive side-effect of being ISO 9001:2008 certified. They claim to be the only ISP in Lebanon to have that certification.

#109 September 6 2013

Chafic

samer wrote:

Then call every day and follow up until they fix it.

This is the only way we can get Lebanese serveries to actually fix our problem.

#110 September 6 2013

maulader

enthralled wrote:
samer wrote:

Compared to lebanese customer care, they're surprisingly good in following up with cases. Even emailing them works. Although they don't email back, they eventually call you (slower process than us calling them, but still works). That's mainly what keeps me from switching isp.

Exactly same thought. I'm worried about switching to something worse, mostly fearing ogero's customer support since they were not mainly an internet provider company. I already have to call them everyday to actually pull through faster.

Origin stopped working 20mins ago and latency shot back up to 300-500ms, called them and he opened a case. 4 calls a day all this week trying to fix what they broke.

@chafic: sad but true...

Last edited by maulader (September 7 2013)

#111 September 8 2013

ManOwaRR

maulader wrote:
enthralled wrote:
samer wrote:

Exactly same thought. I'm worried about switching to something worse, mostly fearing ogero's customer support since they were not mainly an internet provider company. I already have to call them everyday to actually pull through faster.

Origin stopped working 20mins ago and latency shot back up to 300-500ms, called them and he opened a case. 4 calls a day all this week trying to fix what they broke.

@chafic: sad but true...

yeah it works and suddenly stops origin  is currently so unstable at least we got our stable latency back , today at 3:00 am origin connected I actually played bf3 for a little time and in the morning it stopped working again ,.... just sad nothing to do but wait to see if they can get it fixed

#112 September 8 2013

maulader

I don't have my stable latency back, it's been as such since last Tuesday with the exception of few hours on Friday.
I called them back yesterday and was told that the latency issue is known and that it's been an issue for awhile for them. I explained to him that it was working fine only a few hours before the call, he had no answer and said that I have to wait for next week till it gets fixed since it was an issue on their "international line".

#113 September 8 2013

OxyMoron

I've been suffering from bad latency since i joined, about 2 months ago, 350 to 400ms regardless what time of the day or night. I just sent them an Email, what is my success rate in having them cooperate and not dodge this with insane reasoning?

#114 September 8 2013

maulader

OxyMoron wrote:

I've been suffering from bad latency since i joined, about 2 months ago, 350 to 400ms regardless what time of the day or night. I just sent them an Email, what is my success rate in having them cooperate and not dodge this with insane reasoning?

Have you contacted them before by phone during those 2months?
If your issue is a constant yet stable latency at 350-400, then they consider "normal" unless you tell them that you game or any sort of task that requires low latency. Then they would probably change it for you and put you on much better latency.
As for your question on emailing them, they've never replied back to my emails but I suggest following up by calling them during a workday and making sure they're proceeding with your case.
As Samer mentioned earlier:

Last edited by maulader (September 8 2013)

#115 September 9 2013

OxyMoron

maulader wrote:
OxyMoron wrote:

Have you contacted them before by phone during those 2months?
If your issue is a constant yet stable latency at 350-400, then they consider "normal" unless you tell them that you game or any sort of task that requires low latency. Then they would probably change it for you and put you on much better latency.
As for your question on emailing them, they've never replied back to my emails but I suggest following up by calling them during a workday and making sure they're proceeding with your case.
As Samer mentioned earlier:

Thanks for replying.

Yeah i did contact them requesting the router login information. One of their support staff was relentless in giving away the information but consistency paid off and the other employee was helpful enough. It's a hit and miss really, some cooperate while others are nothing but trained monkeys that assume restarting your router fixes everything. Anyway..

They contacted me today and asked for my L username. We'll see how that goes.

#116 September 10 2013

maulader

My issue with the latency got fixed a couple of days ago. I finally got patched to someone who finally understood my issue after telling him all about the contradicting answers I've been getting from different employees. It took him 5 secs to fix my latency and was informed that this had nothing to do with origin and it was "minor" issue [even though I've been calling them everyday about it]

I've also asked about the origin problem was told that they've had so many complains about it recently, their hole network department is trying to fix it for the last week but as for my case they've tried everything from their side and ogero's and nothing seems to fix it. He left my case opened however in case something comes up. [not that I care about origin anymore]

Last edited by maulader (September 10 2013)

#117 September 10 2013

ManOwaRR

well you have to care about origin soon battlefield 4 and command and conquer generals 2 are coming out

#118 September 12 2013

maulader

ManOwaRR wrote:

well you have to care about origin soon battlefield 4 and command and conquer generals 2 are coming out

Randomly decided to run origin and it worked, and it's in english! Can anyone else confirm if this is also working for them?

#119 September 12 2013

ManOwaRR

Yes its been working for the last 2 hours

#120 September 12 2013

OxyMoron

Got a call from one of their support staff to check on my ping issues, i explained that it's been that bad since the day i joined but he refused to believe that, guess he never heard of "The customer is always right" saying.. 
Anyway after long 10-15 minutes of troubleshooting, pinging IPs and asking me questions about what games i play he asked me to do the most typical practice Ogero employees are known for.. "Reboot your router" i did and yet nothing happened, he said he's gonna call me later but he didn't, and no call either today. I'll give them a call on Saturday.

#121 September 12 2013

maulader

OxyMoron wrote:

I'll give them a call on Saturday.

Waste of time to call them on a Saturday. They will only update your case and tell you "the network department isn't here today" more or less, and "we will call you, don't worry".

#122 September 16 2013

OxyMoron

maulader wrote:
OxyMoron wrote:

I'll give them a call on Saturday.

Waste of time to call them on a Saturday. They will only update your case and tell you "the network department isn't here today" more or less, and "we will call you, don't worry".

I took time off to be home and call them during their working hours and after some ping this ping that and keeping me on hold he decided that it's a universal issue although i explained to him it's been happening since i subscribed but he kept repeating himself "we will call you later" so i'll wait until tomorrow before i lose my patience and give them a piece of my mind.

#123 September 24 2013

maulader

Ever since they "fixed" it, I've been having some noticeable packet losses while playing certain games which never had issue before, mostly referring to LoL, even during non-peak hours. Stability has been degrading in the past 2 weeks, and since last week I'm completely unable to play at night. The latency is very stable at most time and never goes above 120ms, but packet loss is increasing and speed is getting lower at nighttime. Only gets better at around 2-3am.

Judging by other threads in the forums the issue is global, wondering if other terranet gamers are having this as well.

#124 September 28 2013

OxyMoron

maulader wrote:

Ever since they "fixed" it, I've been having some noticeable packet losses while playing certain games which never had issue before, mostly referring to LoL, even during non-peak hours. Stability has been degrading in the past 2 weeks, and since last week I'm completely unable to play at night. The latency is very stable at most time and never goes above 120ms, but packet loss is increasing and speed is getting lower at nighttime. Only gets better at around 2-3am.

Judging by other threads in the forums the issue is global, wondering if other terranet gamers are having this as well.

Same here, 12:00 Midnight till 3:00 the connection speed drops by 50%.
I haven't been able to login to Origin either, found a way to fix it on my iPhone by logging in with 3G then enabling Wifi again.

#125 November 9 2013

solo220

Hi
Any one using terranet on Wigo been asked to activate the account using a code sent to his mobile phone number when trying to recharge the account?
Is it a new policy or what the heck?

Last edited by solo220 (November 9 2013)

Board footer