LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#276 February 8 2017

Shaun

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

I was very wrong. Nothing has improved, in fact things have gotten notably worse.

#277 February 9 2017

chaf.b

guys i am about to work with terranet to provide me a dedicated microwave cnx to a gaming lounge, is there any problems with the company that i should know about ?

#278 February 9 2017

Adlouni

chaf.b wrote:

guys i am about to work with terranet to provide me a dedicated microwave cnx to a gaming lounge, is there any problems with the company that i should know about ?

I am a Terranet's customer since 2008. I never tried another ISP, but I believe they are not the best in Lebanon. Ogero is definitely the best for personal use. The speed is good throughout the day even afternoon where every Lebanese in online. The customer care is good. Never faced a problem. Overall I am satisfied. I can only tell you about my personal experience no idea about microwave ...

#279 February 12 2017

EzikMezik

chaf.b wrote:

If I was at your place, I wouldn't even think about it. Just go through this thread and see.

#280 February 12 2017

chaf.b

EzikMezik wrote:
chaf.b wrote:

If I was at your place, I wouldn't even think about it. Just go through this thread and see.

i know man, even though the majority of the replies are kinda old, but i had some concerns. do you recommend sodetel or idm ??

#281 February 13 2017

EzikMezik

chaf.b wrote:
EzikMezik wrote:
chaf.b wrote:

i know man, even though the majority of the replies are kinda old, but i had some concerns. do you recommend sodetel or idm ??

I heard bad and good things concerning both. However what I do know for sure is that idm also has FUP same as terra, don't really know if it's as enforced but it's still there. No idea about sodetel.
To give you an idea about the enforced hard cap at terra: I downloaded the For Honor beta (about ~18.5GB) and now my speed is locked to sub 20Kb/s from 6PM to 3AM SHARP, with huge packet loss (25-40%~).
Might be different for microwave, but that's my two cents.

#282 March 17 2017

jad594

Anyone else noticed a major drop in speed and a major rise in ping?

#283 March 17 2017

Adlouni

jad594 wrote:

Yes, same here. The internet in unusable. Packet loss >25%

#284 March 17 2017

Hamra

jad594 wrote:

Yup, same here.. 25 to 35% packet loss. No slow pings, just pure loss, which is mighty weird.
What's weirder, my next door uncle's house, 5% packet loss only, also Terranet.

#285 March 17 2017

Hamra

chaf.b wrote:

My workplace has a rather expensive microwave link from Terranet. I'll have to say, it's super perfect. Ping to Dota 2 Europe servers is around 100~120 ms, near zero packet loss, and absolutely no fluctuations in speed. But of course, all for a price.

#286 March 18 2017

jad594

February was one of my best months with Terranet, I have the 4mb package.. I was getting a 60 ping on CS GO and my speed tests would hit a speed of 3.79 on the download speed, and pingtest would hit me with an A grade! For the past 2 weeks, when I run a speed test I barely go over 1.50mb on the download side and on pingtest I score an F with a 25% packet loss, 235 ms ping, 240ms Jitter.

I called Terranet and they said "let me check khattak - okay khattak is clean", "it may be from our side, it will take around a month to resolve".

This is what happens when you have a competitive structure in the form of an oligopoly, you will not get good customer service because the switching costs are high due to the nature of the structure. I hope this gets resolved.

#287 March 29 2017

jad594

My ping has been restored to normal (avg 80 on CS-GO); but my download speed has been halved. I guess I jinxed my own connection, I use to get a good solid 3.99mb download speed on speedtest.net, but now my meter barely reaches 1.70mb download.

Also Breathino, what updates are we speaking about? :O

Last edited by jad594 (March 29 2017)

#288 March 30 2017

Adlouni

I can't access my account. It redirects me to the main page!

#289 March 30 2017

vic

Yet another month where terranet's service is abysmal and they refuse to upgrade my connection, I called to cancel and was redirected a million times before being told to send an email, which I've just done.

A month without DSL is is worth it to leave these guys.

#290 April 30 2017

jad594

Anyone know what the hell is going on with terranet?

For the past 2 months my 4Mb subscription has dropped down to 1.50mb on all speedtests and has been really annoying.

#291 June 10 2017

Adlouni

Any news about the new plans?

#292 June 10 2017

ahb21

Adlouni wrote:

Any news about the new plans?

I'd also like to know, I heard rumors that ogero is finally upgrading to fiber optic soon and that they have a 300GB with highspeed internet plan.

#293 June 11 2017

partam

i guess many of us will switch to ogero as now it takes 2 weeks only...private isps will have to prove and provide better value...
specially that the connection is very slow every night.
we had enough...
if they don't upgrade their E1s and server i'm gone

#294 June 11 2017

nuclearcat

Their E1 will be upgraded automatically in most of cases, but when decree will be active (billing cycle for DSL and ISP lines i guess same date)

Last edited by nuclearcat (June 11 2017)

#295 June 11 2017

partam

can someone explain the speed of E1 line? and what is the rate of users usually in an ISP per such lines?
I guess private isps tend to overcharge their capacity which will not be good for them with the new "switching provider" in a short time

#296 June 11 2017

nuclearcat

E1 is archaic term used by MoT, in rest of world it is 2Mbit
Contention ratio is not disclosed by any ISP in Lebanon

#297 June 12 2017

partam

in the live video on facebook...Imad Kreidieh was talking about E1 price drop from 245$ to 110$ for the 2 Gbps...
155$ for 2 to 5 Gbps....
what are those?
is it Mbps and he was confused?

#298 June 12 2017

xazbrat

partam wrote:

in the live video on facebook...Imad Kreidieh was talking about E1 price drop from 245$ to 110$ for the 2 Gbps...
155$ for 2 to 5 Gbps....
what are those?
is it Mbps and he was confused?

What is still staggering is that E1 prices 6 years ago were a mind blowing $2700.  It is no wonder that internet was slow to take root here.

#299 June 24 2017

Adlouni

Anyone having the same issue?

The connection is discontinuous as shown in the picture below. The speed is not going above 1.5 Mbps and I am not surprised (I am subscribed to a 2 Mbps plan), but why it's behaving like this??!! Everything was normal a few days ago when suddenly this happened.

cc

EDIT:

I just noticed that when I lock my account the speed remains constant at 1.5 Mbps!! Once I sign in the connection becomes choppy again!!

cc

So it's something on my laptop, it's not Terranet's fault, but it's very weird! I don't know what is causing it.

I would be grateful if anyone can help me to find a solution.

Last edited by Adlouni (June 24 2017)

#300 June 25 2017

bigjudge

@Adlouni, Its been like this for me too, many package losses, drops, speeds varies from 100 kb/s to 193 kb/s, i also have 2 mb/s.

Note, the issue started over a month ago, i used to download at a steady rate of 212 k/s, no drops or losses, never called them because i will here the same thing, "our network is functioning normally"

Board footer