LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#226 October 7 2015

BetterGoogleIt

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

The last time I gave Connect a call they didn't have coverage for North Lebanon where I live, so it's not an option for me.
I'm stuck with all the heavy-loaded links provided by the resellers here using mikrotiks (Links from VISP, Mobi, Terranet...).
If I only had a landline I would subscribe for Ogero without any hesitation, I was subscribed to them in my old apartment (old building, old cables, old box, and yet it delivered the internet I needed with perfectly stable ping and download).

#227 October 7 2015

Hamra

Pinging BBC, packet loss 13% O.o
average around 150 ms

#228 October 7 2015

Hamra

As for Connect, even if available in my region (Which I highly doubt, Hasbaya), it's not a solution, just too costly. 50 USD for 2 Mbps and 25 GB?

#229 October 8 2015

achkar

I'm doing the largest connect plan here (I think it's $105 + VAT = $115)

Screen_Shot_2015_10_08_at_10_06_45_AM.png

Last edited by achkar (October 8 2015)

#230 October 9 2015

Hamra

I sent Terranet an email 4 days ago.
I noticed that yesterday night, the connection was perfect.
This morning, they called me asking if the problem has been resolved *happy face*

#231 October 9 2015

achkar

Haha.. They called me today asking why I have cancelled my account. I have expressed my distrust in their services and that we're talking about how bad they are online. I hope their service gets better for the rest of you guys =)

Regards,
A

#232 December 19 2015

Truepeace

Not even a month passed since I moved from WISE to Terranet and I almost regret this...
I had a very stable full speed internet at WISE but I needed badly more quota so I chose Terranet for the free night traffic that comes with it and I face now the slowdows/fup/congestion everybody here is complaining about. I went back today at home at 6:30pm and it was already capped to 50kb/sec. Called them they said "khaffif el devices w el usage" I said ok so I changed my router's password and just connected my laptop and still the download speed was max 50kb/sec. I called again, the man told me what I was downloading, I told him Ubuntu so there's no way it's a server issue (or no seeds if it was a torrent), then he told me everything looked fine for him and I had downloaded till now this month 80gb, I told him what the heck if I download a lot during my free traffic I get punished with a connection cap, he told me it's a congestion issue, I told him I was with wise and it was full speed, and he told me "2adde kenet tnazzil ma3 wise" seriously?!! They prefer offering free midnight traffic at the cost of lowering their user's bandwidth at some points, and I am sure it is not a congestion issue since it's been 2 days in a row I am testing it and like everybody here mentionned, at 3am exactly the speed goes from 50kb/sec to 225kb/sec so there's no way that all people who "congested" my central stopped downloads and went to sleep at exactly 3am and congestion should cause instability of the speed not a cap of the speed to 50kb/sec not more and not even less than 40kb/sec (because I am obviously downloading at perfect conditions (the only user connected))
And in the end, what a messy country for having all the problems we have and that take ages to be fixed.

(Open images in new tab for zoom in)
Before 3
After 3
Edit: Look at the timing, I asked them for the precise 3 am timing of the speed becoming normal he told me that something I forgot what refreshes at this time and since at this time there's much less traffic that's why it goes back to normal. I don't know if it is true but I just opened steam for playing CS GO (btw ping is 120ms - 150ms for those who want) and an update of 7.7mb took me 15 minutes, peak speed 15kb/sec!! I asked the guy he told me right now there's a problem in all lines, yeah right. Anyways I am gonna test it for this week and if it doesn't get better, good bye terranet, I'll try IDM.
steam

Last edited by Truepeace (December 19 2015)

#233 December 19 2015

Hybrid

Truepeace wrote:

good bye terranet, I'll try IDM.

Never tried IDM, but I doubt you will be any happier based on the recent reviews.

#234 January 1 2016

Hamra

I have the same issue.
Every single day, at exactly 5 PM, the speed gets capped at 50, and then at exactly 3 AM it goes back to normal.
Which is really bullshit, this is not congestion, these are hard caps!

#235 January 1 2016

ragdoll

Man just go with Ogero if you can.

Best decision I've ever taken.

#236 January 2 2016

Hamra

Going to Ogero is a little difficult right now. Too much hassle.
I went to several friends with Terranet, and noticed the same pattern, yet differing a little.

With everyone, we have full speed during the day, until 5 PM sharp. At 5 PM, all our speeds get capped, but at different new speeds. Me and another heavy user, our speed is capped at 50 KB/s. My uncle's are light users, they are capped at 100 KB/s, another friend is capped at 70 KB/s.

All of us are suffering this hard cap, from 5 PM till 3 AM, as Truepeace above has complained.

Me and my friends are all on 2 Mbps, 40 GB plans.

I thought limited plans don't have an active FUP as the limit itself is enough policy.

So WTF is this nonsense? And is there anything we can do about it? The first 3 times I emailed them (August, September, October), they called me back assuring the cap is removed. The cap gets removed for 1 week, then comes back. Now my 4th, 5th and 6th emails were totally ignored.

This is very frustrating. I'm not even awake during morning and noon, and half my "free bandwidth night" is chopped off.
Pffffffffft.

#237 January 3 2016

random-username

Yup started happening to me after downloading 11 GB in on night. I thought the FUP would be removed like always the next month, but it's still there. Internet is literally unusable from 5:00 pm to 3:00 am. It's funny because this is when I get back from work and need the internet the most.

I've been an advocate for all non-ogero ISPs for a long time. Ogero is the fucking devil, it has been starving these ISPs out of the E1 cables they need for years now as part of its monopolistic scheme. But why the fuck do the greedy private ISP's take on more subscribers if they can barely keep their current ones satisfied is beyond me.

It saddens me how I am actually considering switching to Ogero because the speed has become so unbearable. I'm currently contemplating the thought of subbing to touch's 60 GB 4G till the lazy asses at Ogero "install" their crappy modem.

#238 January 12 2016

Truepeace

I've been downloading this month at a 1.5gb/night rate and no fup till now, hope it lasts

Last edited by Truepeace (January 12 2016)

#239 January 13 2016

random-username

Major Update: Since last week, the connection returned to normal. All FUPs were removed, ping and download speeds are stable at 2mbps throughout the whole day and night.

Hope I didn't speak too soon.

#240 January 24 2016

OxyMoron

They still apply FUP it just happens that sometimes probably their system messes up for a day or two. I'm so used to it now i've been with Terra for 2 years and a half if no more and i get limited 3 - 4 days after the first reset, they just keep hammering you if you persist on downloading. Given the ISPs circumstances with Ogero i'm ok with this approach  but it  upsets me that i went with them specifically for the unlimited night traffic, the quote we consume during that period should not be calculated in their FUP stats, let us get limited based on our usage during day time.

#241 January 28 2016

Truepeace

Yes FUP still there maybe when you reach a specific download cap

#242 February 6 2016

random-username

FUP is back, called customer support and the guy on the phone started spewing random BS. To cut it short, the FUP cannot be removed and is applied to all. Apparently 12 GB in 6 days is a lot for an unlimited plan lol. He claimed that it was high usage and probably resulted in my FUP.

I'm gonna wait a couple of months and make the jump to Ogero. I was a loyal customer, but not anymore. If they don't have enough E1 lines then why take on so much customers in the first place. Bunch of greedy bastards. Not defending Ogero which is the sole root of this problem.

#243 February 6 2016

ManOwaRR

Terranet hhave  the best ping for online gaming though , i was thheir cllient for morre than 3 years 57ms to germany ogerro now 90ms , but ogero is stable as shit when it comes to downlload

#244 February 7 2016

random-username

Ping was great. 81 ms to the UK, but the hard throttle made it unusable after 5 pm

#245 February 21 2016

az09za90za

hey guys, is there any gaming package with terranet ? do they give static ip? can i get a short brief on their FUP , im subscribed to 4mb/50gb

#246 February 22 2016

Truepeace

Read my big post on this page (10) for FUP. They can give you a static ip but it costs a lot but probably fixes the fup problem.

#247 February 22 2016

az09za90za

@truepeace you still with terranet ?  thanks anyway . my real problem is not the FUP , its the latency and the packet loss

#248 February 25 2016

Truepeace

Yes I am still with Terranet, and it was king of good for the last few days, I did not notice any fup applied maybe because I am not downloading constantly at night (or maybe I'm lucky). How did you test for the packet loss? So I compare with you. Btw I don't really like the Technicolor modem they give you (although the technical staff there told me it is the most compatible one in Lebanon) because first it takes a lot of time to startup and if any device is uploading a lot of data, the internet is almost cutoff from other devices so I use my TP-Link modem instead when I play games.

Last edited by Truepeace (February 25 2016)

#249 February 25 2016

az09za90za

i check packet lost in-game, (gotta activated in console) , and yes when someone is uploading the internet is almost dead , ill try changing the modem , hope ill get little improvement .

#250 February 29 2016

random-username

Getting a lot of packet loss (20-30%) after 8 pm. Called technical support dozens of times, but it's congestion at the Mazraa central and the Ogero fuckers aren't upgrading the equipment.

My neighbors with Ogero are experiencing the same thing. ISPs giving out more and more plans without upgrading the central's capacity.

Board footer