LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 4 2012

Cruel.C0re

Hello :)

Hi everyone ,i'm 15 years old .
i've never thought that there would be a site like this in Lebanon  , i wish i knew about it before .
i'm interested a lot in movies and in computers !

that's all i can think of now

Cheers !

Last edited by Cruel.C0re (June 4 2012)

#2 June 4 2012

Metalloy

Re: Hello :)

welcome to lebgeeks Cruel.core.

#3 June 4 2012

az09za90za

Welcome to the forums mate! :)

#4 June 4 2012

Dirol

Welcome dude. Let's get to work .

Last edited by Dirol (June 4 2012)

#5 June 5 2012

Cruel.C0re

thank you all

#6 June 5 2012

Joe

Hello :)

What do you like about computers?

#7 June 5 2012

Cruel.C0re

i don't know what's the best way to answer this , but i like to know extra things that not every computer user knows about .
I like to look into how programs work ,so i don't like using them only.

I know a little about programming , i want to learn ,but i never know what to start from as there's many languages and many ways to start(as seen on the internet) ,so if anyone can suggest which language should i learn or what to use i'll be grateful .

Basically i'm not a pro computer user but i want to learn more about it .

:)

#8 June 5 2012

xterm

You're in luck, use the search functionality and filter by the Programming forum, you'll find loads of information you can use.

Welcome to LebGeeks.

#9 June 5 2012

Cruel.C0re

thank you , i'll definitely check it .....after my finals

#10 June 5 2012

rolf

Cruel.C0re wrote:

i don't know what's the best way to answer this , but i like to know extra things that not every computer user knows about .
I like to look into how programs work ,so i don't like using them only.

I know a little about programming , i want to learn ,but i never know what to start from as there's many languages and many ways to start(as seen on the internet) ,so if anyone can suggest which language should i learn or what to use i'll be grateful .

Basically i'm not a pro computer user but i want to learn more about it .

:)

Computers are built around the CPU, which is basically an insanely fast programmable calculator.
When the computer starts, the CPU starts reading instructions from the disk. These are very basic instructions, write this number to this address... There are many addresses, and each one has a meaning. One address could be for the LCD display, one for the sound. So basically write values to these addresses which happen to be peripherals, and depending on these values you will see or hear different stuff, or the result will be different.

But these instructions are very low level, so for example to draw a square on the screen you'd need to like write a hundred or a thousand of them, and they're very difficult to read... so that's where programming comes in, you write a program in a language that is closer to natural language and easier to understand, and then a compiler transforms it into machine code which will be run by the CPU at some point.

So there you have it... the essence of computing, that's where it all starts - I tried to explain it.

What language you want to learn depends on your preferences and what you're trying to achieve.

#11 June 5 2012

ranibalaa

Cruel.C0re wrote:

thank you , i'll definitely check it .....after my finals

Welcome! what school are you in?

#12 June 6 2012

samer
Admin

Hi there, welcome to LebGeeks!

Board footer