LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1351 August 17 2015

Doom

Re: Feedback for Ogero

andrew55 wrote:
Doom wrote:

Look  at that loss of framing. Occasionally,my internet comes and go for 20 mins or more and I get such loss of framing,Ogero sent a guy to my house and told me that your line is super clean and "smallah sari3".He told me that it could be the router and that if it persists call Ogero so they can send a test router.But I CBB to call them,should I just get a new router?I got PPPoE user and pass.BTW I got a very old tg585 v7 updated to latest version I think.

Your SNr is unusually low for an attentuation of 32 db.

It usually go up after it stops going crazy,up reaches 27db down like 17db.

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Doom did it happen before or after the disabling of interleaving?

After,I asked Nader to turn it back on 3 days ago,I will ask him again now.

#1352 August 18 2015

Makozak

Hey people,
I just need an advice.

So I'm new in Lebanon and my familly have " 2eshtirak " internet.
Honestly ? It's like you don't even have internet. Even WhatsApp take 3h to send a message.

Anyway, I now want to apply to Ogero. I saw the offers they have, the 2 mbps with unlimited data is pretty cool for 75000.

My question is, I do know that the 2 mbps is not download/upload internet but I want to know approximatly how much is it ? 200 kbps ? more ? less ?

And what is the ping ? I heard it is pretty stable. Need it for gaming :)

Thanx in Advance people

#1353 August 18 2015

DG

According to feedback from others, ping should be stable and good for gaming with the unlimited plan.
You should expect a download speed of around 210Kbps or something like that.

#1354 August 18 2015

NAM

DG wrote:

According to feedback from others, ping should be stable and good for gaming with the unlimited plan.
You should expect a download speed of around 210Kbps or something like that.

also pretty stable ping .. it should be less than 100ms but that depends entirely on the location of your house (how far from the phone box and the state of the phone line).

#1355 August 18 2015

Makozak

Thanx for the answers :)

When you say 210 kbps, is it only at night or is it all the time ? Cause a lot of internet provider boost the speed from 1am to 8am. They give like 40 kbps and then boost it to 100-150 at night.

#1356 August 18 2015

Hosni

no,its 210 Kbps day and night

#1357 August 18 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

it's 224-239kbps for me all the time and ping with interleaving off is 100ms to Europe , 68 ms without it, ping is stable ALL the timee

#1358 August 18 2015

andrew55

Doom wrote:
andrew55 wrote:
Doom wrote:

Look  at that loss of framing. Occasionally,my internet comes and go for 20 mins or more and I get such loss of framing,Ogero sent a guy to my house and told me that your line is super clean and "smallah sari3".He told me that it could be the router and that if it persists call Ogero so they can send a test router.But I CBB to call them,should I just get a new router?I got PPPoE user and pass.BTW I got a very old tg585 v7 updated to latest version I think.

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

27 db seems more like a decent number but having the SNr go down to 8 is very suspicious. It may be getting lower than that which explains why you might be having disconnections. SNr should vary but not by that much. I would advise you to look at connections in your house and assess the situation from there (also try using a different modem). Ask your neighbors if they have the same issue. While 32 db isn't necessarily an outstanding attentuation it still is very good and should work very well with a 2 Mbps connection. Don't take no for an answer, there is a problem some where along your line.

Last edited by andrew55 (August 18 2015)

#1359 August 18 2015

Doom

andrew55 wrote:
Doom wrote:
andrew55 wrote:

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

27 db seems more like a decent number but having the SNr go down to 8 is very suspicious. It may be getting lower than that which explains why you might be having disconnections. SNr should vary but not by that much. I would advise you to look at connections in your house and assess the situation from there (also try using a different modem). Ask your neighbors if they have the same issue. While 32 db isn't necessarily an outstanding attentuation it still is very good and should work very well with a 2 Mbps connection. Don't take no for an answer, there is a problem some where along your line.

Yeah I called ogero yesterday and we talked about interleaving,he told me that it's not causing the problem I'm having,so I asked for a test router.It's weird how the disconnections are very random...

Last edited by Doom (August 18 2015)

#1360 August 19 2015

Makozak

Thanx everyone for the answers, very helpful.

I went today to the Ogero and applied.
I have one more question though.
They said that if i already have the moden, i will only need to program it from Ogero, otherwise, i'll need to buy a new one.

What do they mean by modem ?

Anyway, i have two,
The first is the modem : Nanostation Loco M2 (https://www(dot)ubnt(dot)com/airmax/nanostationm/)
Second is the router : D-Link DSL 2750U (http://www(dot)dlinkmea(dot)com/site/index.php/site/productDetails/232)

Is it one of them ?
Will be helpful to know that.

Thanx again people.

Last edited by Makozak (August 19 2015)

#1361 August 19 2015

DG

The modem is the device you use to connect to DSL. In your case it's most likely the D-Link router.

#1362 August 19 2015

Makozak

DG wrote:

The modem is the device you use to connect to DSL. In your case it's most likely the D-Link router.

So it's a good one ? No need to buy a new one ?

The one that Ogero gives us is pretty expensive ...

#1363 August 19 2015

DG

It should be good. The model seems pretty similar to the DSL-2730U mentioned in this thread:

https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=11394

The DSL-2730U supports speeds of up to 150Mbps, while the Wireless-N DSL-2750U is capable of providing speeds of up to 300Mbps.

#1364 August 19 2015

Makozak

Thanks a lot mate, you've been a great help to me :)

#1365 August 20 2015

Hosni

today interleaving turned off on my dsl plan. ping decreased by 40 ms!!! i suggest everyone to turn it off if they can.

my new stats:
Line Coding(Trellis):    On    On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):    366    311
Attenuation (0.1 dB):    345    184
Output Power (0.1 dBm):    176    120
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    14489    1352
HEC Errors:    25    0    0    0
OCD Errors:    0    0    0    0
LCD Errors:    0    0    0    0

#1366 August 20 2015

Hosni

Hi guys, my friend want to turn off the interleaving there is his line stats:
Outputpower : 10,0/0,0
Line attenuation: 29,0/48,5
SN Margin : 25,0/28,5
FEC Errors: 1/5.248
CRC Errors: 1/2
HEC Errors: 0/2

Last edited by Hosni (August 20 2015)

#1367 August 20 2015

leburu

Hi I live in Edde, Jbeil and I want to share with you my story with Ogero.
This year in January i got sick of my old isp and his joke metered connection and decided to get ogero after I checked that my uncle whose house is next to mine and some other houses in my village that are subscribed to ogero are getting the same speed 40-50kbps (512KBps plan) with stable ping of course which was what i wanted instead of the 600-4k ping spikes i was getting with the old isp. So after a month of waiting the ogero technician came and installed my router. I directly did a speed test and I couldn't believe my eyes when I got the following results (0.1 download- 0.04 upload). I called the central and they told me that I am getting the 128KBps plan!! Asked why does my uncle and other houses have 512KBps they told me because they have been with ogero for the past 4 years so they got 'upgraded'. Anyways, after spending 2 months going from office to office, waiting hours in the central and talking with the usual coffee drinking employees who don't have a clue what they are doing, I finally was able to contact the central manager and he told me that he will fix it for me and he did, first they increased it to 256KBps and after that at the beginning of April I got the 512 plan. Imagine 4 months just for this tiny thing. After using Ogero for 2 weeks, in the mid of April I went to my Grandmother's house in Fidar, and found out that she was getting 1.7 download speeds (around 200kbps) then i said to myself what gives, why can't I get the same speed? so I spoke with my dad and he told me to call a friend of his who is the manager of a ogero branch. When I called him my first intentions were to only ask him what is the reason behind all of this, so he replied by saying that I am in a Dial-up area and that only houses on the coast don't have dial-up anymore. He then went to tell me: Don't worry leave it to me, at the beginning of next month (May) you will be getting 2MBps. May began, and voila, 1.8 download- 0.42 upload speeds (I was getting between 200-220kbps download).
Since then, the speeds never changed and I was enjoying the best connection I ever got, until 2 weeks ago, something strange started happening. I realized that I started getting 1.4-1.5 download speeds but the ping and upload speed are still the same. This week on monday it went down to 1.2 and kept getting worse; as of today it won't go over 0.80MBps and don't forget, upload speed and ping are still the same.
There is something additional i want to add and that is, when i turn off and on my router, speeds slightly change like for example last week when it was 1.2, if i turn off and on the router it becomes 1.4, and vice versa. And today if I turn off and on the router, sometimes it's 0.80 sometimes 1.0.
I called ogero today and told the technician all of this and he told me that on his computer it's shown that I have the 512KBps plan. But he knew what was going on and replied with: "it's impossible to get 2MBps speed in your area cause your cables can't handle that, illa iza 3endak wasta w 7ada mzabatlak yeha". I told him yes, but I only wanted to know, since my cables 'cant handle this speed' how come for 4 months I've been getting 1.8MBps and now suddenly It started decreasing. What is the reason for this? He asked me if my router is directly connected to the cable coming directly to my house and I said yes (because before I got ogero I called a technician I know and he disconnected the cable where it feeds all the phone sockets in the house and connected it directly to a filter for only 1 phone and the router because the wiring at my home was so old) so he went on to say: I advise you to talk with the guy who got you the 2MBps plan.
I will talk to him soon but I wanted to share my story and find out if someone can explain to me what could have possibly went wrong that led to all of this.

Last edited by leburu (August 20 2015)

#1368 August 20 2015

TheStunMan

Someone other than you subscribed to a bigger plan and he got a bad ass wasta but because they gone over limit with the subscribers and the post has still not yet upgraded to handle all the expected traffic they just screw with other people. If I were you I'd test Alfa 4g in your area and if its good enough use it instead.

#1369 August 20 2015

Doom

Hosni wrote:

His line attenuation is high,but I can't tell without the uptime whether or not he should turn it off.

#1370 August 21 2015

vengeance666

Hosni wrote:

I don't think it's a good idea.

#1371 August 21 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

I don't too

#1372 August 21 2015

TheStunMan

Guys how do you rate mine ?

2nu4zll.jpg

#1373 August 21 2015

Doom

Uptime:    0 days, 0:12:08

DSL Type:    G.992.1 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    512 / 2.048

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]:    0,00 / 0,00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 17,5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    18,0 / 32,0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    9,0 / 6,5

Vendor ID (Local/Remote):    TMMB / BDCM

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):    0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):    0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote):    0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote):    0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote):    2 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 0

CRC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 5.760

HEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 1.059

Can somebody explain to me why I get very high amount of errors suddenly at random times?This is why I get sudden disconnections,more often after I turned off interleaving.Could it be the router?

EDIT:When I used to have interleaving on,FECs sometimes reaches 400k errors very quickly at random times.

Last edited by Doom (August 21 2015)

#1374 August 21 2015

Hosni

Doom wrote:
Hosni wrote:

His line attenuation is high,but I can't tell without the uptime whether or not he should turn it off.

His uptime was uptime: 0 days, 7:47:32

#1375 August 21 2015

DG

@TheStunMan... high number of HEC errors for a 2.5 min uptime. I am assuming you are not in Lebanon, judging from your stats (up and down bandwidth).

@Doom, the abnormally high burst of FEC errors when interleaving was still enabled should have been a warning for you NOT to switch it off.
I could be wrong but I don't think it's the router. It's probably your line.
Try someone else's router. I think they should be an Ogero subscriber too for this to work.

Board footer