LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1101 May 4 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Did ogero gave it to you when you subscribed or you buyed it yourself and then you let them reprogram it?  And is this mode of sync gave you the best ping?i'm on G.992.5 annex A , does that mode givw you nearly my pings?

#1102 May 4 2015

Ramnesia

I bought it myself and gave it to them for configuration.
G.Lite gave me better pings, 10 to 30ms difference than G.992.5
G.992.5 annex A pings are: 113ms bbc.co.uk, 44ms Beirut Wise, 113ms Paris Orange, 93ms Paris Sfr.
Note that G.lite Max Download speed is 2Mbps and 512Kbit/s upload speed.

Last edited by Ramnesia (May 4 2015)

#1103 May 4 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Wow then i better go get me a new router, especially tplink... thanks for answering

#1104 May 4 2015

Ramnesia

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Wow then i better go get me a new router, especially tplink... thanks for answering

Before you buy anything i think you should try to check if your CO support G.lite. If anyone know about these things maybe can explain more.

#1105 May 5 2015

DNA

Amhad you need to have a perfect line for this to work for you.. i am sure Ramnesia has a high SNR, low attenuation line.. What makes G.lite lower the ping "SOMETIMES" is that it uses the lowest frequency group of channels available, that's the reason the maximum is 2Mb.. but if you look at the attenuation you will see that it is much lower on G.lite than adsl2+ this is because the lower frequency can travel a longer distance through the wire without suffering the same loss as high frequencies. This lower attenuation triggers the router/dslam to lower the interleaving on the line thus translating to lower latency..
ahmad even if you get a new router and configure G.lite if your attenuation is higher than 50 its impossible that you get lower ping..unless you may be blessed with an insanely high SNR. anyway you can try it, just giving a head up that it's not a matter of transmission mode or router only, it is a combination of Line quality,transmission mode,the router and the DSLAM.

#1106 May 5 2015

Ramnesia

DNA thank you for the explanation. This is my line status using G.lite
SNR Margin(Down) 29 db
Line Attenuation(Down) 11 db

Last edited by Ramnesia (May 5 2015)

#1107 May 5 2015

DNA

Ramnesia wrote:

DNA thank you for the explanation. This is my line status using G.lite
SNR Margin(Down) 29 db
Line Attenuation(Down) 11 db

exactly what i thought,extremely low attenuation

Last edited by DNA (May 5 2015)

#1108 May 5 2015

TrollFatGuy

Hey, sorry to bump in. I am a WISE user, and have similar stats
                                 Downstream    Upstream
SNR Margin (dB)    27.3                      32.2
Attenuation (dB)            20                       13
Though I have 102 ping to bbc.co.uk. Would you advice I get a new router for better ping? I game a lot and as you know, the lower the ping the better.

#1109 May 5 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Here are my line stats and a note i live in ras beirut(aisha bakkar) and my co is mina el hosn :
DSL Type:    G.992.5 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    508 / 2.039

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]:    0,00 / 0,00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 17,5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    11,0 / 24,5

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    29,5 / 30,5

#1110 May 5 2015

random-username

My stats suck, do you think changing the 10 year old copper wire which is awkwardly clamped (مقروط) at several doorways would improve it?

DSL Type:    ITU-T G.992.5

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    987 / 8.191

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    10,4 / 22,4

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    15,8 / 29,0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    9,0 / 21,2

#1111 May 5 2015

DNA

what?! if you think that sucks how about this?
                Downstream      Upstream    
SNR Margin:       6.5                    15.0  db
Line Attenuation: 61.0             31.5     db

all your lines are excellent.. but guys its not that it is 100% possible since for latency to be reduced AUTOMATICALLY you need the perfect combination of not only the router but the DSLAM also, you can't do nothing but try it and HOPE latency will automatically get reduced.

the easier way to guarantee it with such good stats is give Ogero a call and ask them to disable interleaving, that is put you on Fast Path.. it is guaranteed up to 30ms ping reduction. the downside is that the line will have more errors at some times.

#1112 May 5 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Is giving a call to ogero really worth the shot?

#1113 May 5 2015

DNA

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Is giving a call to ogero really worth the shot?

yea you have nothing to lose, although i hope the person that replies knows what you are talking about.

#1114 May 5 2015

ironman

for those guys who are interested in my issue with Ogero...

I called again the guy from the Complaints office in the Ministry of Telecommunications, he said that it's normal to take time to configure the modem, and they told him that since my modem is from another provider, it needs more time because it's a hard task...

Poker face.

Then i told him that it is a simple issue, and i can do it in 5 minutes if i am given my LNumber's password, he said no of course not, we cannot trust you to do it, " Ma Fina Nsallema la Min ma Ken "

I thanked him for his precious help and voila.

#1115 May 5 2015

random-username

ironman wrote:

for those guys who are interested in my issue with Ogero...

I called again the guy from the Complaints office in the Ministry of Telecommunications, he said that it's normal to take time to configure the modem, and they told him that since my modem is from another provider, it needs more time because it's a hard task...

Poker face.

Then i told him that it is a simple issue, and i can do it in 5 minutes if i am given my LNumber's password, he said no of course not, we cannot trust you to do it, " Ma Fina Nsallema la Min ma Ken "

I thanked him for his precious help and voila.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the modem you're trying to reconfigure? Is it worth the hassle?

#1116 May 5 2015

ironman

well, It's a stupid modem that Sodetel gave me (brand: ZTE), but i think it's still better than this shitty Technicolor, and since Sodetel didn't take it, i said i could use it instead of paying for the great Technicolor.

#1117 May 5 2015

thephoenician

DNA wrote:

Downstream      Upstream    

How far are you from your Central Office?

#1118 May 5 2015

random-username

ironman wrote:

well, It's a stupid modem that Sodetel gave me (brand: ZTE), but i think it's still better than this shitty Technicolor, and since Sodetel didn't take it, i said i could use it instead of paying for the great Technicolor.

You could have extracted the PPPoE username and password yourself from the technicolor modem. Then you could have setup any modem of your choice.

#1119 May 5 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

#1120 May 5 2015

DNA

thephoenician wrote:
DNA wrote:

Downstream      Upstream    

around 6km

#1121 May 6 2015

ironman

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Thanks guys, for pointing me to this tool, but my problem is that i am a NEW customer with Ogero (and still didn't receive my password and it's not configured yet on my router, this is why i can't extract it, since it's not inserted in the modem config)

and since my modem is ZTE, i don't think that this method will work, but thanks anyway, appreciate it :)

#1122 May 6 2015

thephoenician

DNA wrote:
thephoenician wrote:
DNA wrote:

Downstream      Upstream    

around 6km

6 km?! You're so lucky if you're getting 1 Mb/s.

#1123 May 6 2015

DNA

thephoenician wrote:
DNA wrote:
thephoenician wrote:

around 6km

6 km?! You're so lucky if you're getting 1 Mb/s.

i actually have 2Mb/s while everyone 2km radius from me is at 256Kb/s or in the extreme case 512Kb/s ;)
but honestly most of the time the sync speed doesn't reach 2Mb it averages at 1.2Mb

Last edited by DNA (May 6 2015)

#1124 May 6 2015

random-username

ironman wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Thanks guys, for pointing me to this tool, but my problem is that i am a NEW customer with Ogero (and still didn't receive my password and it's not configured yet on my router, this is why i can't extract it, since it's not inserted in the modem config)

and since my modem is ZTE, i don't think that this method will work, but thanks anyway, appreciate it :)

If you get thr modem from ogero instead of the ZTE, they will supply you with the technicolor tg582n a couple of days later, or even maybe on the spot. Then you can use the program created bg mokhtar to retrieve your credentials And setup whichever modem you want.

Catch my drift?

#1125 May 6 2015

ironman

Yea, got it now, but i think it's too late, because my modem is already on their premises... :(

Board footer