LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1051 April 20 2015

NAM

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Kazouza wrote:

Does anyone know if there are any papers, etc.. needed to upgrade from 2M40G to 2M unlimited, or can it be simply done via phone call?
Also supposing I ask for the upgrade right now, would it be upgraded on the 1st of may or june? I guess this is directed to people who already tried upgrading..

Can I upgrade the service and how much does it cost?
Yes by visiting the nearest sales office. Upgrade will start at the beginning of the month. The cost of this service is 8,000 L.L. (VAT and fiscal stamp included)
This is from the ogero website https://www.ogero.gov.lb/Published/EN/dslfaq.html

AVOlio wrote:

Guys, lately my internet is acting crazy.
Sometimes WiFi stops working on every device connected, no internet access, although my pc what is connected to the router via lan is connected to internet.
And now, i cant even play BF4.
Its saying " You were disconnected from EA Online. Please check your internet connection or try again later. (1) "
Also, currently we do not have our phone line, the employee said that they are having malfunctions, but i dont know, it was just a counter employee.
Anyone having similar issues ?

Seems to me like a router problem .. try another router if you know the username and pass .. if not Mokhtar has a small and great tool to help you on https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=16123 i wouldn't advice buying another router for now.  also please wait for more info from other members as i am not a professional on these matters and i subscribe with IDM :)

Last edited by NAM (April 20 2015)

#1052 April 21 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

I can login to the webpage of the thomson,but when i click on connect they say "conection could not be established.authenication failed,anyone know what to do

#1053 April 21 2015

Johnaudi

My friend was with Ogero (not sure if Ogero or another ISP) but he was not allowed to go to the router's Homepage. If he wants something to be changed he has to call his ISP for access.

#1054 April 22 2015

user

We asked to be upgraded to 2 mbps from 1 mpbs 2 weeks ago, they told us to check back in 10 days. My dad went today and they said the upgrade will go through and I should get the speed beginning of next month. I was hoping I would get it immediately but all is well if it happens next month.

#1055 April 22 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Wow, the guy on the phone that there is at least 50 phone calls concerning the can't connect thing he said it was their fault, they still didn't fix that yet, if anyone can't connect to the net through ogero please post.

#1056 April 25 2015

Moudimadi

Hello All, Someone told me that Ogero is working on upgrading Khaldeh Central! Is that right? Thanks :)

#1057 April 25 2015

DG

Anyone having a high latency right now ?

#1058 April 27 2015

ahk40a

I have a DSL connection in Mazraa Central where I have setup port-forwarding to access my server when I am out of the office. Recently, the ADSL is acting strange where the IPs are going wrong and I am not able to access the server at all. Does anyone know the cause of this issue?

Also, does HDSL provide Static Real IP? Or I should also use DDNS as what is currently being used? Please provide me with your feedback ASAP.

#1059 April 27 2015

ironman

HDSL (SOHO DSL) provides you with public IP's (5 i guess),
so no need for Dynamic DNS

Last edited by ironman (April 27 2015)

#1060 April 27 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

what are your pings for paris orange server? i'm 110ms i guess it's somewhat high :S

#1061 April 27 2015

vengeance666

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

what are your pings for paris orange server? i'm 110ms i guess it's somewhat high :S

70 to 75ms, seen a 65ms once.

#1062 April 27 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

What is your down speed? Did you check that it was from orange? Btw i'm 2mbps,is the high ping caused from my modem?

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (April 27 2015)

#1063 April 28 2015

Ramnesia

Is any one facing DSL out of sync  every 20, 30 mins. I am in achrafieh.

#1064 April 29 2015

djunited

Ramnesia wrote:

how to test for that?

#1065 April 29 2015

Ramnesia

Well now the connection is back to normal.
The DSL Sync LED on the router is a way to check for that, when you are out of sync it is off.

#1066 April 29 2015

DNA

Ramnesia wrote:

your line must be weak for the speed you have, could be a problem at ogero though

Last edited by DNA (April 29 2015)

#1067 April 29 2015

ironman

Ok.... so after leaving the so called "Sodetel" i decided to go to the So called "Ogero" because i read that it has the best ping... qos...

After waiting 10 days ("Ta nef7as l Khat") then another 3 weeks to proceed, i called them today and they said that i have to go in person to Down Town (near Phoenicia) and take my modem with me to configure it....

all is fine till now.

After going and waiting in the queue for 3 hours approx, Mr smart told me that he needs 2 MONTHS, yes yes ,,, 2 MONTHS, to configure the modem, because they are really busy.

to be precise, configure means "setting the Lnumber as a username the its corresponding password"

Any comments? anything i should do?

Last edited by ironman (April 29 2015)

#1068 April 29 2015

Cpt.Majed

ironman wrote:

Ok.... so after leaving the so called "Sodetel" i decided to go to the So called "Ogero" because i read that it has the best ping... qos...

After waiting 10 days ("Ta nef7as l Khat") then another 3 weeks to proceed, i called them today and they said that i have to go in person to Down Town (near Phoenicia) and take my modem with me to configure it....

all is fine till now.

After going and waiting in the queue for 3 hours approx, Mr smart told me that he needs 2 MONTHS, yes yes ,,, 2 MONTHS, to configure the modem, because they are really busy.

to be precise, configure means "setting the Lnumber as a username the its corresponding password"

If they can give you the password, you can configure it yourself. If not, you're gonna have to wait 2 month.

#1069 April 29 2015

ironman

They didn't my friend.

#1070 April 29 2015

chosen2k

ironman wrote:

all is fine till now.

That's sad.

Make some noise? maybe others will follow

Call the numbers found here: http://www.mpt.gov.lb/index.php/en/sugg … complaints

Tweet reply to all tweets by https://twitter.com/harb_boutros by the same message.

#1071 April 29 2015

ironman

wow thank you chosen2k, i tried first calling the number they didnt reply (probably they close at 2)
will retry tomorrow morning.

concerning tweets i think he will block me , but i will try it too.

i can't understand why don't they give the LNumber's password

#1072 April 29 2015

NAM

ironman wrote:

i can't understand why don't they give the LNumber's password

Like gang members they need to keep you under their control .. and call them at every problem to extort money

#1073 April 30 2015

ironman

Small update: today first thing in the morning i called the complaints number at the MOT, they didnt reply.

1 minute later, they called me, yes they did, first shock.
then the guy was so friendly and polite, he took the info, and said wow "two months to configure a modem" and he told me that he will get back to me today.

Hoping the best .

Edit #1: I also tweeted to the minister, and he just replied asking me to call the same number (Complaints number)

Thanks guys and especially chosen2k

Last edited by ironman (April 30 2015)

#1074 April 30 2015

chosen2k

No prob, however I wouldn't just relax yet. If you get no answer today, you need to keep targeting them, maybe get a few people to join your cause.

Anyways I hope this works out for you.

As for the L number after they configure your router, there's a this thread (maybe now the method is outdated) that explains the different types of usernames and pwds and how to get their credentials. https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5637&p=3

#1075 April 30 2015

random-username

chosen2k wrote:

No prob, however I wouldn't just relax yet. If you get no answer today, you need to keep targeting them, maybe get a few people to join your cause.

Anyways I hope this works out for you.

As for the L number after they configure your router, there's a this thread (maybe now the method is outdated) that explains the different types of usernames and pwds and how to get their credentials. https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5637&p=3

This method will work for the technicolor tg582n, thanks to mokhtar. You can retrieve your PPoE username and password in a second.

Board footer