LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon

You are not logged in.

#4226 last month

SortOfGeek

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hello everyone! First post here.

I am experiencing insane lag on OGERO Fiber at the office.

When I start a speed test, it is stuck at 0 mbps for 20 seconds and then goes to 200 Mbps

With some basic programs I use at the office, I get notifications that some ports are blocked by a firewall (1 out of 2 times)

Even with Google, it sometimes says "unable to to connect to the server at google.com" but ends up working after some tries.

I wont start with Youtube, so slow but once the video starts it stars, but it can take 2 minutes to do so.

In General internet is super laggy and slow.

Funny fact is that at my house I do not have this issue (both house and office are in Hazmieh)

I see that a lot of you are experiencing this issue.

Changing the router will help or not at all?

#4227 last month

xazbrat

Unfortunately I don't have fiber, but I have had issues with the regular dsl.  What seems to help was changing the DNS from whatever they had to either cloudfares or Google's or a combination.  I went with 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.4.4 as my dns addresses and it seemed to improve it.

#4228 last month

SortOfGeek

xazbrat wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have fiber, but I have had issues with the regular dsl.  What seems to help was changing the DNS from whatever they had to either cloudfares or Google's or a combination.  I went with 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.4.4 as my dns addresses and it seemed to improve it.

I tried it but it didnt work.
I am really baffled. I live 5 minutes away from the office and the fiber at home has no issue at all (I hope i didnt jynx it )

#4229 last month

infiniteloop

I am trying to connect my fiber modem to the router tp link to boost the signal, unfortunately the router is not seeing the connection coming from the modem.
Connected by cat6 cable from LAN 1 port on the modem to WAN port on the router.
I tried to connect the modem to my pc by cable and it's getting internet flawlessly.
So what am I missing?

#4230 last month

Space

infiniteloop wrote:

I am trying to connect my fiber modem to the router tp link to boost the signal, unfortunately the router is not seeing the connection coming from the modem.
Connected by cat6 cable from LAN 1 port on the modem to WAN port on the router.
I tried to connect the modem to my pc by cable and it's getting internet flawlessly.
So what am I missing?

What happens when you set the WAN connection to a dynamic IP? (on the second router you're trying to connect) Does it connect? Also, make sure that they don't have the same gateway.

#4231 last month

infiniteloop

Took it to idm, they set it up as cloning the modem to router, it's working now but I can't access my router settings anymore, so if I want to change my wifi password, I can't

#4232 3 weeks ago

Ramnesia

Is anybody having problems logging in to Ogero's website to check consumption? It keeps saying Wrong Username / Password Combination, although I haven't changed anything and am used to checking it multiple times daily.

EDIT: Never mind, they fixed it.

Last edited by Ramnesia (3 weeks ago)

Board footer