LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#276 December 13 2012

vengeance666

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Guys , since 2 days I got a small issue here , when electricity goes on and off it's taking my internet light around 4 5 minutes to get back on while everything else is normal , what's the problem here ? I got the regular modem from Ogero , so it's my modem problem or it's from Ogero's side ?

#277 December 24 2012

Firas

vengeance666 wrote:

Guys , since 2 days I got a small issue here , when electricity goes on and off it's taking my internet light around 4 5 minutes to get back on while everything else is normal , what's the problem here ? I got the regular modem from Ogero , so it's my modem problem or it's from Ogero's side ?

i got that problem too, do you have a ups attached to your modem?

edit: used to have it now its gone

Last edited by Firas (December 24 2012)

#278 December 27 2012

vengeance666

Firas wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:

i got that problem too, do you have a ups attached to your modem?

edit: used to have it now its gone

No I don't have one but now it's gone too , I think it's a DNS issue at their side.

And another question : When I enter my modem IP address from cmd>ipconfig /all , the browser just keeps searching and I don't get any modem page opened , tried chrome firefox and explorer with the same result. I'm connected via Wifi only, is it possible the issue that I should connect via ethernet for this to work ? Or it's a different issue ?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it fixed..

Last edited by vengeance666 (December 28 2012)

#279 December 27 2012

Truepeace

Hi,
my friend changed internet provider so he gave me the modem Ogero gave him previously so I can test it for gaming.
However, I can't login to the modem because I need username and password. ( I already posted a recent new thread in the Networking section but I hope that some Ogero staff could see this and help me)

#280 December 27 2012

TPR0

If its thomson, just flash the international firmware on it, (does not require login etc)

So there would be no username, pass or whatever...

#281 December 27 2012

Truepeace

Can you please explain to me how to do that or where to find the things I need to do it because I don't know what is flashing but if you mean only the reset thing in the back of the modem, I already tried it with no success. And yes it is the commonly used Thomson TG585 V7.

#282 January 1 2013

khatib1

#283 February 13 2013

nanito13

Hello i have ogero 1mb package and the download speed really sucks i download like 2gb files and play online most of the time so im changing to 4mb could somebody give me a speedtest.net of the ogero 4mb speed ? (with upload speed and ping)

ps. if i make the internet faster from 1 to 4 mb will it affect the ping to be lower so i can get more signal in ps3 in black ops 2 or not ?

#284 February 16 2013

patrickyounes

nanito13 wrote:

Hello i have ogero 1mb package and the download speed really sucks i download like 2gb files and play online most of the time so im changing to 4mb could somebody give me a speedtest.net of the ogero 4mb speed ? (with upload speed and ping)

ps. if i make the internet faster from 1 to 4 mb will it affect the ping to be lower so i can get more signal in ps3 in black ops 2 or not ?

Not really pings are totally different from bandwidth
You can run a smooth online game with barely 512kbps
Overall ogero is known for good pings so that won't be a matter to you.

#285 February 18 2013

FuSe

Is any one having lag problems with Ogero since yesterday night? around 10-11 pm Beirut time
I'm playing Ghost Recon Online, and suddenly it's lagging hard.

pinging google on cmd gives 95~100 ms but on Speedtest gives 165ms

here is the Speedtest result:

2517020527.png

Last edited by FuSe (February 18 2013)

#286 February 19 2013

Badieh

FuSe wrote:

Is any one having lag problems with Ogero since yesterday night? around 10-11 pm Beirut time
I'm playing Ghost Recon Online, and suddenly it's lagging hard.

pinging google on cmd gives 95~100 ms but on Speedtest gives 165ms

here is the Speedtest result:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2517020527.png

I'm not with Ogero, I'm with Cyberia, but yesterday around that time I lagged badly as well, even a little before 10.

#287 February 22 2013

mohammed.antar

hello guys , if i want to change my modem does i have to buy it from ogero ? or i can buy any one from any store and connect it it will work without taking it to ogero ?

Last edited by mohammed.antar (February 22 2013)

#288 February 22 2013

DG

It won't work out of the box. You will have to take it to ogero to get it configured.

#289 February 22 2013

mohammed.antar

thank you , but please i want an advise i want to buy this modem TD-W8951ND is it good for gaming ? i mean can i have NAT type 1 on it ?

#290 April 24 2013

Fischer

my isp is bad, my internet is so slow and sometimes i spend days without internet, the only thing that is good about it, is that i have 2GB bandwidth limit per day and i pay 45$

I'm thinking about becoming an ogero subscriber, how much will i get bandwidth for 45$ or 50$? i need a lot of bandwidth, and i don't want to argue with my brother at the end of each month because he used too much bandwidth.

#291 April 24 2013

Raficoo

I'll keep it short and simple:

one of Ogero's DSL plans is $50/month, and with that you get 2mbit/s download, 512kbit/s upload and 20GB/month limit (note that 20 is the download AND upload combined)

you can download as much as you want from 12 midnight to 7am, and as far as my experience tells me there's absolutely no Fair Usage Policy applied. The connection is very stable in comparison with other ISPs.

#292 April 24 2013

maulader

2gb bandwidth? that still exists? and for 45$ *facepalm*.. swap to ogero now.

#293 April 24 2013

Fischer

2gb bandwidth per day... 60gb per month, where ogero gives you 20 gb per month... i didn't understand your point

#294 April 24 2013

maulader

my bad, habit of reading and skipping some words. Nonetheless, i used to have similar connection, swapping to DSL is a major improvement, swapped to ogero and never looked back. I did switch to terranet after seeing as they had the free hours when ogero didn't, but now that ogero has the unlimited night traffic and all the feedback on this forum about ogero saying that they have no fair usage policy, i'm making a switch to ogero myself. Most stable connection, almost never goes down, even when it does, it's back up in a couple of hours.

#295 April 24 2013

Raficoo

Fischer wrote:

2gb bandwidth per day... 60gb per month, where ogero gives you 20 gb per month.

yea sadly Ogero's prices and services are fixed, can't get anything custom that isn't officially price-listed. word on the street is that the internet capacity in the country is supposed to get a major boost sometime within these 3 months. So if you can wait till summer and you need your daily bandwidth that high then stick with your ISP for now, but if you want stability, go for Ogero. Also as I know with any official capacity upgrade in the country Ogero is usually the first to benefit from this and set it up for the customers

If you're wondering where this upgrade news is coming from, read this http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Business/Le … z2OGtTAtDn

#296 May 7 2013

Kassem

Have you guys been experiencing HORRIBLE internet service lately? Pages are taking forever to load, although when downloading the files come down at full speed.

Note that my router is old and whenever I turn it off, it's a pain in the ass to get it working again. Could that be the problem or is there something wrong from Ogero's side?

#297 May 7 2013

DarkNe0441

^ I have a Wise connection and me and other people from different providers are experiencing the SAME problem every night starting from around 8PM.

#298 May 7 2013

makhoder

Kassem wrote:

Have you guys been experiencing HORRIBLE internet service lately? Pages are taking forever to load, although when downloading the files come down at full speed.

Note that my router is old and whenever I turn it off, it's a pain in the ass to get it working again. Could that be the problem or is there something wrong from Ogero's side?

Also experiencing horrible internet service lately, but try putting Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4   and try to load pages. It worked better here. I think it is a DNS problem...

#299 May 7 2013

BruLee

makhoder wrote:
Kassem wrote:

Also experiencing horrible internet service lately, but try putting Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4   and try to load pages. It worked better here. I think it is a DNS problem...

Thank you. 1000% improvement in the connection speed.

Anyone knows why bet365.com isn't opening? Tried on 2 different OGERO connections and both aren't working.

Are they blocking websites now?

#300 May 9 2013

Tarek
Banned

flush your DNS (ipconfig /flushdns)
reset your NIC and point it to google DNS then check

Board footer