LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1626 June 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

i'm with ogero and i want to transfer to idm can you post the speedtests on paris orange server(idm and cyberia users)? thanks.
here are mine:3587732834.png

#1627 June 26 2014

andrew55

#1628 June 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

orange server?

#1629 June 26 2014

andrew55

yep.. even though i get 78 ms sometimes.. my current ping to bbc.co.uk is 103 ms.. check if ogero is better.. maybe that would be a better comparison than the ping on speedtest.

#1630 June 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

it's 94 to 100 ms so it's almost the same

#1631 June 26 2014

andrew55

True. Honestly i'd wait if i were you. Ogero has the most stable connection in the country. Regardless if unlimited nights were dropped, you would still have a stable connection 24/7 and no FUP. Things aren't clear yet for private ISPs.. Will they get more E1s? Will their connection become stable? will they follow Ogero and drop the unlimited nights if that's true? etc...

#1632 June 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

i will wait until the end of the year, then i'll go for a private isp

#1633 June 26 2014

sailor

Dear Customer,

As of the 1st of July, your plan will be changed to 2 Mbps 50GB .

Current Plan: Pre-Paid DSL 2048K 10GB   

New Plan:      2 Mbps 50GB

To renew your account for the next cycle, you will need to purchase a Prepaid Card of type Pre-Paid DSL 2048K 10GB 
or 2 Mbps 50GB  where both cards will enable you to renew the assigned new plan 2 Mbps 50GB .
You can request a change to a different plan starting the 1st of July.

If the change plan request is feasible, it will be effective after the expiry of the cycle during which you placed
your change plan request (i.e. if you place your change plan request on the 3rd of July and you subscription
expires on the 10th, then, provided that the change plan request is feasible, the change will be effective as of the 10th of July).

#1634 June 26 2014

HotCreep

sailor wrote:

Dear Customer,

To renew your account for the next cycle, you will need to purchase a Prepaid Card of type Pre-Paid DSL 2048K 10GB 
or 2 Mbps 50GB  where both cards will enable you to renew the assigned new plan 2 Mbps 50GB .

If the change plan request is feasible, it will be effective after the expiry of the cycle during which you placed
your change plan request (i.e. if you place your change plan request on the 3rd of July and you subscription
expires on the 10th, then, provided that the change plan request is feasible, the change will be effective as of the 10th of July).

which isp?

#1635 June 26 2014

kfc

HotCreep wrote:
sailor wrote:

Dear Customer,

which isp?

IDM

#1636 June 26 2014

sailor

Idm

#1637 June 26 2014

Adnan

HotCreep wrote:

Anyone here with sodetel? I need someone to help me shower them with emails for not upgrading on the 1st of july and waiting till the 1st of august instead.

I am with Sodetel. Maybe we can send them an email or two but I guess a shower will just get us spam-filtered.

#1638 June 26 2014

HotCreep

Adnan wrote:
HotCreep wrote:

Anyone here with sodetel? I need someone to help me shower them with emails for not upgrading on the 1st of july and waiting till the 1st of august instead.

I am with Sodetel. Maybe we can send them an email or two but I guess a shower will just get us spam-filtered.

Sent them this email earlier today, to sales@sodetel.net.lb and sodetel@sodetel.net.lb

"Good day,

I am subscribed to your 4mbs plan. As we know we've all been anticipating the most recent dsl offers upgrades that the minister announced a month ago. It was supposed to be applied on the 1st of june, but was delayed because the decree ratification took more than expected, and then it was postponed till the 1st of July.

Even then it seemed like a long wait to be honest, anyway, a couple of days ago IDM and terranet announced their new plans, cyberia asked their clients to which plans they want to switch etc. I was anxiously waiting for Sodetel to follow suit. I called Sodetel sales today and the guy told me that the upgrades will not be applied till the 1st of August! even the quotas will stay the same for july. I just wanted to know if that is true.

Thanks,"

They didn't reply yet. maybe you can send something similar as well

#1639 June 26 2014

NuclearVision

It won't help.
Imagine you have to deal with 2 times the speed and 10 to 5 times the bandwidth upgrade in 1 month :july(that's gonna happen 1st of July)
Now imagine you have to deal with 4 times speed and 20 times the bandwidth upgrade in 1 month also July(if you want to upgrade your current plan to a one higher than the one automatically assigned to your current): now that's impossible, give them an extra month. Look at the bright side, you already got upgrade number 1. While I don't know shit about mycable internet. Which I'm paying twice the ogero price for a 15gb then fup + shitty speed,latency.

Last edited by NuclearVision (June 26 2014)

#1640 June 26 2014

wollyka

You will be able to benefit from the additional new package traffic (GBytes) as of 1st July 2014, however, your line speed (4096 Kbps) might remain unchanged temporarily due to feasibility reasons or until all technical upgrades are completed by the Ministry of Telecommunications.

Please note that the carry-over option will no longer be offered with the new plans, and that any remaining carried over quota will no longer be available after the 1st of July.

No carry over quota from now on

#1641 June 27 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

What isp? And does carry-over cost you per month?

#1642 June 27 2014

kfc

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

What isp? And does carry-over cost you per month?

IDM - No

#1643 June 27 2014

GreenM

I just did this speed test from the company I work at in Beirut:
Speed Test
Does this mean my company has a fiber link to TerraNet?

#1644 June 27 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

good ping,but bad speed seems like someone else is using it

#1645 June 27 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

btw no one has been talking about mobi dsl how is it and does it have fup on unlimited nights?is it gonna upgrade the dsl plans on 1st of july?

#1646 June 27 2014

GreenM

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

good ping,but bad speed seems like someone else is using it

not bad speed, The IT has set it to 0.5Mbps for my PC.

#1647 June 27 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

oh that's an excellent ping tho

#1648 June 27 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

you did on orange server?

#1649 June 27 2014

GreenM

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

you did on orange server?

yes Orange

#1650 June 27 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

seems like mobi is going to apply the new plans on 1st of july i asked them on email and here is their response:
(Dear Mr. Toutounji,

We will launch our new DSL prices shortly; we will let you know about them the soonest.

For any further questions or inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Regards,

Paula Nehme

Indoor Sales Supervisor

T : +961 1 296 000 -  ext: 302

F : +961 1 296 002

E :  pkn@bbp.net.lb )
and it seems that only sodetel is not gonna apply the new plans on 1st of july,weird

Board footer