LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1576 June 25 2014

m_zeid

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

andrew55 wrote:

Question: when i call IDM technical support, they tell me how much speed my CO can handle. If i called Ogero techincal support and expressed my intention to switch to their service would they know how much speed they can give me? or would i be gambling? please let me know if anyone has tried doing this...

It is a phone call, what can you lose? :)
just do it bro

#1577 June 25 2014

m_zeid

@Wise dsl, still no news about the new plans

#1578 June 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

Got a really bad news today from ogero that my line can't handle more than 4mb,so i'm forced to choose the 50k l.l plan,i was planning to get the 6-8mb 60gb one,note: i live 1km away from my co,what about you guys(ogero and non ogero) can u get more than 4mb?

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (June 26 2014)

#1579 June 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

and here are my line statistics:
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:02:55

DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 508 / 2.046

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0,00 / 0,00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,0 / 18,5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 11,0 / 25,0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 30,5 / 32,0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / BDCM

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 231

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 58.801 / 0

#1580 June 26 2014

HotCreep

Just called Sodetel,
Sammoule badane.
The guy told me that no changes will be applied next month and all the changes will be applied starting August 1st.
I told him that all other companies will upgrade their plans on the 1st of July, he said that Sodetel won't.
That was very very disappointing tbh I'm very pissed

#1581 June 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

it looks like the co can't handle more than 4mbps ,i can't do nothing about it, it's ogero's work to fix this and you know ogero is from the government so bye bye more than 4mbps they will take years to fix it, unless when they finalize the fiber optic between co's then they can get better speeds.

#1582 June 26 2014

trent

Looks like we Ogero customers are getting screwed over again with these new internet offers. We will lose free nights again!
Just got the attached print out from the CO where I was paying my monthly bill.
Politicians and their advisers in this country can never be trusted, to say the least.
I was expecting such a dick move, the prices and packages announced by the PM were too good to be true for this country.

NO FREE NIGHTS!
Ogero

Last edited by trent (June 26 2014)

#1583 June 26 2014

HotCreep

trent wrote:

Looks like we Ogero customers are getting screwed over again with these new internet offers. We will lose free nights again!
Politicians and their advisers in this country can never be trusted, to say the least.
I was expecting such a dick move, the prices and packages announced by the PM were too good to be true for this country.

NO FREE NIGHTS!
http://s15.postimg.org/h0zjli1yz/IMG_20 … 121657.jpg

Hah. What is the point of the upgrades if free night quota was cancelled?
We used to download 40, 50 and 60 gbytes via the night quota on the previous plans. That's a weird move from ogero and what is even more concerning is private ISPs following suit

#1584 June 26 2014

ILIA_93

Most of my download was done between 12 and 7, now we have to pay for every 1GB. I'm definitely considering the unlimited 2Mbps plan now... I don't care about the speed it I can't use it!!!

I hate the new minister already, he messed the internet up more than he did improve it, where the majority of people can't get the new plans either because it isn't available at their COs, or because their lines can't handle it. Well that what you expect from a minister posting a local hard drive link on his facebook page...

#1585 June 26 2014

trent

Same here used to hit about 60GB total (free + non-free) on the old 75K 2mbps 20GB plan. (used about 16-18GB of daytime traffic for casual browsing)
Options now are unlimited 75K for same speed and download at anytime of the day, or 65K 6-8mbps 60GB and watch out for excess use.
Pretty much nothing improved at best, or situation got slightly worse.

ILIA_93 wrote:

Well that what you expect from a minister posting a local hard drive link on his facebook page...

He did!!! That's hilarious ... hahaha!

#1586 June 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

what?!! no free night, i am so considering the 2mb unlimited now.such a stepback,maybe i will even change isp if this was true,they are gonna loose a lot of customers from this.

#1587 June 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

trent are you sure 100% from it?

#1588 June 26 2014

vic

amkahal wrote:

Please can someone post a speed test for Terranet at peak time ?

Not technically possible, for me at least. The connection has been dying for the past 3 months between 10pm and 3am. 3:01 and it gets back to its original 2m, but a minute before that and my max download speed is 20k with 50% dropped packages.

I can't wait to switch away.

#1589 June 26 2014

Adnan

HotCreep wrote:

Just called Sodetel,
Sammoule badane.
The guy told me that no changes will be applied next month and all the changes will be applied starting August 1st.
I told him that all other companies will upgrade their plans on the 1st of July, he said that Sodetel won't.
That was very very disappointing tbh I'm very pissed

Wow what a bunch of hypocrites !!! I was waiting for my extra quota since my relatives are coming from abroad ...

#1590 June 26 2014

trent

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

trent are u sure 100% from it?

That's the printout they were giving out at Sakeyet Al-Janzeer CO, and they said starting July 1, and can pick plan after that. Only noticed "no free nights" at home, so didn't get to question what's the deal with that addendum.

I'm not even clear on what plan will be selected for us on July 1st by default.

#1591 June 26 2014

Raficoo

trent wrote:

NO FREE NIGHTS!

hahaha nice joke, right? ...right?... RIGHT!?

This would be a major blow considering I use up to 40-50GB on unlimited nights alone, which means if this is true the only true viable option I got is the unlimited package...

but seriously didn't Walid Karam mention on twitter earlier that the unlimited nights would stay? Someone should ask him about this now!

#1592 June 26 2014

HotCreep

Raficoo wrote:
trent wrote:

NO FREE NIGHTS!

This would be a major blow considering I use up to 40-50GB on unlimited nights alone, which means if this is true the only true viable option I got is the unlimited package...

but seriously didn't Walid Karam mention on twitter earlier that the unlimited nights would stay? Someone should ask him about this now!

Yeap, he insisted that free night quota will remain.
Hate it when politicians give us false hope. These plans look all flashy and cool for average users and users who do not think things through, but in reality the change was insignificant.
They  need to understand that there are people who didn't fall for the "80 percent cheaper 3 times faster" scam (if the free night quota is officially cancelled)

#1593 June 26 2014

chosen2k

@Ahmad Toutounji I'm in the same boat as you. 4mb wanting to switch to the 6-8mb no luck: My line can't handle it and i live close to the CO.

Smells fishy.

#1594 June 26 2014

GreenM

Cyberia just sent me this:
NEW ADSL plans as of July 1st. Current plan: 1M-10GB-$24.99, New assigned plan: 2M-50GB-$24.99. Please Login to http://adsl.cyberia.net.lb to confirm or modify.

#1595 June 26 2014

trent

Are cyberia's plans that customers are getting to choose clearly stating that they are still offering free nights?
Terra's don't seem to according to their website.
Only IDM so far are still clearly offering free nights.

#1596 June 26 2014

Sfenjy

Raficoo wrote:
trent wrote:

NO FREE NIGHTS!

I highly doubt that FREE NIGHTS will be removed . I have read the decree in the official news paper ( Al jarida al rasmiya) and there was no mention that this will be removed. For free night quota to be removed a decree should be involved, it is not a choice for Ogero.

#1597 June 26 2014

Raficoo

Sfenjy wrote:

I highly doubt that FREE NIGHTS will be removed . I have read the decree in the official news paper ( Al jarida al rasmiya) and there was no mention that this will be removed. For free night quota to be removed a decree should be involved, it is not a choice for Ogero.

That's a very good point, thank you for mentioning this.

#1598 June 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

I really hope so,but we want someone to tell us that this is 100% not true.

#1599 June 26 2014

HotCreep

I hope so as well.. but it was being handed out in an ogero CO, with the cancelation of free night quota in bold.that is as official as it gets. someone contact walid karamand make sure

#1600 June 26 2014

trent

But those are new plans with new offerings, prices and terms of service. The old ones with free night traffic end on June 30.
Does the decree say anything about night traffic at all?

I really hope that whoever at Ogero produced that piece of paper is an idiot and didn't know what they were doing, and that it's not true. But for them to clearly include that statement and make it in bold characters, I'd have to guess there is something true about it.

Board footer