LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#5451 October 12 2017

Toufic

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Any updates on the fiber optics in hamra/verdun ?

Anyone applied and got some concrete answers / results?

#5452 October 12 2017

semaan

hi, can anyone know what is the problem here
i have openspeed sodetel

Link Status     Connected
Rate (Up/Down)     886/4095 kbps
Noise Margin (Up/Down)     10.4/10.8 dB
Modulation Type     ADSL_2plus
Line Attenuation (Up/Down)     45.5/30.7 dB
Output Power (Up/Down)     17.5/12.1 dBm
Data Path (Up/Down)    
Max Rate(Up/Down)     868/6696 kbps

#5453 October 12 2017

potato

Guys anyone could help ? when i try to select vlan id to be 0 for VDSL service it says invalid id (actually i think the 0 means any vlan id should pass which risky..) so does anyone have any idea regarding this number ?

FTgzv9G.png

#5454 October 12 2017

Gamer

Did a quick google search and in another router it showed 0 is disable and 1-4094  is the range

I think your enable Vlan ID check box disables the zero

note site is from New Zealand
Link

hope this helps

#5455 October 12 2017

nuclearcat

Just dont enable it. VLAN id 0 means untagged vlan, disabled.

#5456 October 13 2017

nefe_lpmk

Any updates on when the private companies will offer VDSL? Ogero offering more advanced packages than private sector is the trend as apparent

#5457 October 13 2017

Toufic

nefe_lpmk wrote:

Any updates on when the private companies will offer VDSL? Ogero offering more advanced packages than private sector is the trend as apparent

Last time i spoke to IDM, they informed me that by the end of December / early January 2018 they will start offering new packages (in terms of VDSL/fiber optics).
But i live in Hamra and it's been announced that both Hamra + Verdun will receive the first set of updates/active cabinets/installations of fiber optics.

#5458 October 13 2017

partam

Will normal telephony also be carried over fiber from the active cabinets?
If so, they can offer more landlines where it was not possible.

#5459 October 18 2017

jaqen h'ghar

Nudged to speed up its services, CYBERIA offers the latest innovation in data transfer over a fiber optics network, enabling both     
    residential          and corporate customers to benefit from abundant and high speed internet starting in Hamra.

#5460 October 23 2017

infiniteloop

Got several DSL line down today and one 2 minutes ago, they can last about 30 to 90 seconds.

#5461 October 25 2017

new_user

How can I do the ogero feasibility test? I heard there is an app on the play store for that but I could not figure out its name.

#5462 October 26 2017

Tech Guru

new_user wrote:

How can I do the ogero feasibility test? I heard there is an app on the play store for that but I could not figure out its name.

Call them at 1515 ot tweet them , as I did and they will handle for you a feasibility request.

#5463 October 26 2017

wollyka

new_user wrote:

Send a DM on twitter to @OgeroTelecom
This is what i did to get a VDSL feasibility test done

Last edited by wollyka (October 26 2017)

#5464 October 27 2017

kfc

wollyka wrote:
new_user wrote:

May I mknow please what were the resujlt please?

They  came to my house and performed the test in August and till now they didn't give me the result. When I call to check, they guy who answered ma ma3o khabar chi. He insisted that my line can handle 6 mbps only although I am getting 13 and14!!!!!!!

#5465 October 27 2017

dio

Tech Guru wrote:

I requested ftth and they have done the feasibility and approved it - Verdun Area ,  they already have FTTC at this area which I am near to the cabinet linked to Audi Spot at ABC Verdun

I did the same in Hamra, but still no one has contacted me about actually installing it. Have you gotten any updates on this matter?

#5466 October 28 2017

wollyka

kfc wrote:
wollyka wrote:
new_user wrote:

They  came to my house and performed the test in August and till now they didn't give me the result. When I call to check, they guy who answered ma ma3o khabar chi. He insisted that my line can handle 6 mbps only although I am getting 13 and14!!!!!!!

They took them one month to reply to me by DM on twitter and they didn't even come to my house, they performed the test and sent me this
"Your number is feasible for VDSL".

However, i didn't switch yet since i am with IDM and i need to apply for DSL at Ogero first then ask for VDSL. I am waiting to see the status of fiber and if it will take too long, i will switch to Ogero VDSL (or get a new telephone line since they told me that the new line will be feasible for VDSL too)

Last edited by wollyka (October 28 2017)

#5467 October 28 2017

Toufic

wollyka wrote:
kfc wrote:
wollyka wrote:

They took them one month to reply to me by DM on twitter and they didn't even come to my house, they performed the test and sent me this

However, i didn't switch yet since i am with IDM and i need to apply for DSL at Ogero first then ask for VDSL. I am waiting to see the status of fiber and if it will take too long, i will switch to Ogero VDSL (or get a new telephone line since they told me that the new line will be feasible for VDSL too)

I was going to do the same, but you have to cancel with IDM first, present a paper showing that, then you can start your application + processing.... all and all, despite almost begging them to do that in parallel (cancel with IDM and start the process, they refused... basically i was going to be with no internet for 3weeks. At least)
Hence, the whole switch didn't seem worth that much (at least for my usage of the internet and from DSL to VDSL)

IDM have advertised for fiber on their website.
Give their sales (not the technical support) a call and you will be surprised by what they will be offering  (specially if you live in hamra like i do)

#5468 October 28 2017

wollyka

Toufic wrote:
wollyka wrote:
kfc wrote:

I was going to do the same, but you have to cancel with IDM first, present a paper showing that, then you can start your application + processing.... all and all, despite almost begging them to do that in parallel (cancel with IDM and start the process, they refused... basically i was going to be with no internet for 3weeks. At least)
Hence, the whole switch didn't seem worth that much (at least for my usage of the internet and from DSL to VDSL)

Give their sales (not the technical support) a call and you will be surprised by what they will be offering  (specially if you live in hamra like i do)

I talked to them and they urged me to wait . I live in Mazraa.

#5469 October 28 2017

kfc

Toufic wrote:
wollyka wrote:
kfc wrote:

I don't recommend to go for IDM's fiber now. There is a big legal question mark on GDS's right to do that and this is now creating problems between the telecom minister and ogero's chairman.

It is better to wait for the dust to settle.

#5470 February 13 2018

Chup

Fiber Optics by March 13th?

This was tweeted moments ago on Ogero's Twitter account.
Do they mean fiber to the cabinet will be implemented by march 13th?

#5471 February 13 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

Chup wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV6CLBjXcAAyoTU.jpg:large

شباط is the current month we are in

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (February 13 2018)

#5472 February 13 2018

Chup

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
Chup wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV6CLBjXcAAyoTU.jpg:large

شباط is the current month we are in

Oh.
right.
didn't know that

#5473 February 13 2018

tiny fx

wait, so has it been launched then or not?

#5474 February 13 2018

Hybrid

It says "Launching of project", that means it's still not implemented, just starting to implement... or is my Arabic deteriorating that much?

#5475 February 13 2018

vlatkozelka

This happening so near to elections... what a coincidence !

Board footer