LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#5401 September 13 2017

Mylo89

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

nuclearcat wrote:

I doubt, there was upgrades on hold for ISPs, because seems Ogero reached max capacity.
So its just matching increased consumption, but price for govt is even more, they will have to pay for more bandwidth.

Well i guess we should expect new plans then, since fttc project will commence as per the minister today

#5402 September 13 2017

Raficoo

Last week I saw Ogero laying down fiber wires underground along a road not too far from where Iive, and Mr. Imad in a way confirmed what I saw by posting a pic of the workers in the same road saying "Fiber deployment in the south", sadly I can't tell if it's for FTTC or FTTH or FTTB for banks/schools/etc..

but in any case, seeing this action happen in person, and reading about the new incoming international capacity upgrades coming from Cyprus, it's good to see that work is being done and things are moving forward bit by bit!

Last edited by Raficoo (September 13 2017)

#5403 September 14 2017

Mom

So today i called the IDM sales team and they said that my speed can't reach more than 4mbps even with open speed!

My line stats are the following!

FluxBB bbcode Stats

And i forgot to mention that sometimes my max rate can hit around 20 Mbps! is this false advertising?

#5404 September 14 2017

nuclearcat

Mom wrote:

And i forgot to mention that sometimes my max rate can hit around 20 Mbps! is this false advertising?

Best you can do - switch to Ogero in such cases.

You can tell them how their assumptions on 4Mbps based, after they answer (most probably they will tell some bullshit), you can tell your SNR and attenuation are enough for 10Mbps at worst times, and you can provide technical proof. But it wont lead you anywhere ,they might be stubborn and ignorant on this subject, they wont tell u straight reasons why they limited speed.

#5405 September 14 2017

Mom

nuclearcat wrote:
Mom wrote:

Best you can do - switch to Ogero in such cases.

You can tell them how their assumptions on 4Mbps based, after they answer (most probably they will tell some bullshit), you can tell your SNR and attenuation are enough for 10Mbps at worst times, and you can provide technical proof. But it wont lead you anywhere ,they might be stubborn and ignorant on this subject, they wont tell u straight reasons why they limited speed.

I am sometimes getting 24 on SNR so it's good enough for like 10 mbps at least :) thanks for your Reply

#5406 September 14 2017

nuclearcat

You should rely on lowest value, cause if your parameters will drop, it will force modem to resync, this means disconnection on some modems.

#5407 September 14 2017

GeorgesHanna

Mom wrote:

So today i called the IDM sales team and they said that my speed can't reach more than 4mbps even with open speed!

https://i.imgur.com/G3QPwI2.png

I am with ogero and line attenuation 44 and getting sync rate 9220 kbps so I advice you to switch to ogero and with such attenuation I think you can get easily 16mbps if you improve your snr a litle

#5408 September 14 2017

wollyka

Mom wrote:

I am with IDM and my stats so you should get better speeds (10 at least)

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    9,4 / 14,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    23,2 / 9,4
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    766 / 14.998

#5409 September 15 2017

GreenM

kfc wrote:
GreenM wrote:
kfc wrote:

no man there is no cap. i have always gotten 80-85% of my speeds even when i was on 1,2 and 4 mbps!

on 4 mbps for example, i never got more than 3.4-3.5

and yes this problem is not solved!

Before I requested OS, I used to get 3.4-3.5 but after that (beginning of September), I'm getting ~4.0 while waiting for OS tomorrow (beginning of next month cycle)

Same thing happened with me. It means that ogero opened the speed from their side while idm will open it when new cycle starts

Post please your stats and new speed when you get it. Ok?

Some of the stats I have been getting tonight: (Bandwidth / Attenuation / SNR Margin)

10:30pm
-------
Down 8804 kbps / 36.0 dB / 13.6 dB
Up 1020 kbps / 23.4 dB / 12.2 dB

10:45pm
-------
Down 9124 kbps / 36.0 dB / 10.2 dB
Up 1020 kbps / 23.4 dB / 12.8 dB

10:55pm
-------
Down 8932 kbps / 36.0 dB / 10.3 dB
Up 1020 kbps / 23.4 dB / 12.7 dB

11:00pm
------
Down 9172 kbps / 36.0 dB / 10.1 dB
Up 1020 kbps / 23.4 dB / 12.4 dB

The best I was able to get on speed test since I got OS:
3215444394.png

Last edited by GreenM (September 17 2017)

#5410 September 15 2017

kfc

GreenM wrote:
kfc wrote:
GreenM wrote:

Before I requested OS, I used to get 3.4-3.5 but after that (beginning of September), I'm getting ~4.0 while waiting for OS tomorrow (beginning of next month cycle)

Same thing happened with me. It means that ogero opened the speed from their side while idm will open it when new cycle starts

Some of the stats I have been getting tonight: (Bandwidth / Attenuation / SNR Margin)

-------

-------

-------

------

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6624826685.png

your speed looks great for your attenuation. and it is impressive you seem to be getting a speed that is close to 95% of your bandwith. I get 85% of it at most... (speed of 12.5-13.5 mbps for a bandwith of 15-16mbps)

#5411 September 16 2017

kareem_nasser

GreenM wrote:
kfc wrote:
GreenM wrote:

-------

-------

-------

------

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6624826685.png

what is you ADSL Modulation?

#5412 September 17 2017

random_name

Mom wrote:

The same thing happened to me. Tell them that you talked to an engineer and that he told you that your SNR is high enough to handle at least 8-10 mbps. Talk to them with technical words and let them understand that you know what you r talking about. And finally tell them (3a mas2ouliyteh). They ll try to be stubborn at first but they will accept eventually.
At least that's what happened with me.

#5413 September 17 2017

Toufic

Can anyone provide some information on the Fiber optic in Hamra/Ashrafye that was announced by Ogero ?

Is this for real ? Or just like the last announcement where it needed an extra month before actual possibility of installment and implementation ?

#5414 September 17 2017

Tech Guru

Toufic wrote:

Can anyone provide some information on the Fiber optic in Hamra/Ashrafye that was announced by Ogero ?

Is this for real ? Or just like the last announcement where it needed an extra month before actual possibility of installment and implementation ?

Yes Real , already available at Audi Spot - ABC Verdun . Just Send an Email to thepeople@ogero.com.lb for a feasibility study and quick feedback mentioning your exact location. They are very responsive. They already have FTTC in these areas and they can do FTTH on application per application bases.

Last edited by Tech Guru (September 17 2017)

#5415 September 18 2017

Louis40

Tech Guru wrote:
Toufic wrote:

Yes Real , already available at Audi Spot - ABC Verdun . Just Send an Email to thepeople@ogero.com.lb for a feasibility study and quick feedback mentioning your exact location. They are very responsive. They already have FTTC in these areas and they can do FTTH on application per application bases.

Are you sure about the email, i just sent one and it says the domain is not valid..

#5416 September 18 2017

wollyka

thepeople@ogero.gov.lb

#5417 September 18 2017

nuclearcat

slight offtopic
meanwhile in russia
oV1fwOO.jpg
390 RUB = 6.767 USD
100Mbit unlimited internet, Wi-Fi router included, 100 TV channels, TV STB included
Can be upgraded to 500Mbps

#5418 September 18 2017

Mylo89

GeorgesHanna wrote:
Mom wrote:

I am with ogero and line attenuation 44 and getting sync rate 9220 kbps so I advice you to switch to ogero and with such attenuation I think you can get easily 16mbps if you improve your snr a litle

Bro, how can you get such speed with a line attenuation of 44 ??

#5419 September 18 2017

GeorgesHanna

Mylo89 wrote:
GeorgesHanna wrote:
Mom wrote:

on thomson it sync at 8mbps but with tp-link it can sync at such speed

#5420 September 18 2017

Mylo89

GeorgesHanna wrote:
Mylo89 wrote:
GeorgesHanna wrote:

i have a thomson tg585 v7 and on adsl2+ my attenuation is 43 with snr of 11 yet the max speed i can get is 5 Mbps, so what do you advise me to do to get the same speed as yours ?

#5421 September 18 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Mylo89 wrote:
GeorgesHanna wrote:
Mylo89 wrote:

i have a thomson tg585 v7 and on adsl2+ my attenuation is 43 with snr of 11 yet the max speed i can get is 5 Mbps, so what do you advise me to do to get the same speed as yours ?

I have 38 line attenuation i use tplink i get 9mb data rate

#5422 September 18 2017

Mylo89

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
Mylo89 wrote:
GeorgesHanna wrote:

I have 37 on adsl mode with snr margin 16 and the max is 5, does this mean the problem is from the modem?!

#5423 September 18 2017

GeorgesHanna

Mylo89 wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
Mylo89 wrote:

I have 37 on adsl mode with snr margin 16 and the max is 5, does this mean the problem is from the modem?!

your snr is 16, when I sync on such speeds I have 10.5 snr
it appears that you're not with ogero and your isp is limiting your speed
also I did a installation from zero for everything and got some parts from USA
if anyone is interested I am ready to help

#5424 September 18 2017

GeorgesHanna

Mylo89 wrote:
GeorgesHanna wrote:
Mylo89 wrote:

on thomson it sync about 1.5 to 2mb less than tp-link but if your line is affected by electricity it can cause the connection to drop because tp-link is less stable.

#5425 September 18 2017

Mylo89

GeorgesHanna wrote:
Mylo89 wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

your snr is 16, when I sync on such speeds I have 10.5 snr
it appears that you're not with ogero and your isp is limiting your speed
also I did a installation from zero for everything and got some parts from USA
if anyone is interested I am ready to help

i'm with ogero!

on adsl i get 37 line attenuation and snr margin 16
on adsl2+ i get 43 line attenuation and snr margin 11

Last edited by Mylo89 (September 18 2017)

Board footer