LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3451 June 2 2017

Nemesis-301

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Super Official wrote:
Nemesis-301 wrote:

I was hoping the decree would pass and we would get new plans, since I'm very dissatisfied with wise...
subscribed to 2MB unlimited, and there is a daily cap of 2GB for it, once you pass it the speed goes down from 195~200kb/s to 35kb/s, and this is why I can't download anything, and their limited plans do not have unlimited night traffics, I cannot download the games I buy from steam, and steam summer sale is coming up! (june 22)
I don't know what to do..
is there any isp that offers unlimited night traffic with no fup?

I'm with idm, no FUP on unlimited nights.

But how?

6nOdGRI.png

#3452 June 2 2017

Super Official

Nemesis-301 wrote:
Super Official wrote:
Nemesis-301 wrote:

I was hoping the decree would pass and we would get new plans, since I'm very dissatisfied with wise...
subscribed to 2MB unlimited, and there is a daily cap of 2GB for it, once you pass it the speed goes down from 195~200kb/s to 35kb/s, and this is why I can't download anything, and their limited plans do not have unlimited night traffics, I cannot download the games I buy from steam, and steam summer sale is coming up! (june 22)
I don't know what to do..
is there any isp that offers unlimited night traffic with no fup?

I'm with idm, no FUP on unlimited nights.

But how?

http://i.imgur.com/6nOdGRI.png

I never got any slowdowns, download about 80gb each month at nights with no hiccups.

#3453 June 2 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

they don't have fup for unlimited night , my friend asked them on the phone

#3454 June 2 2017

nuclearcat

xazbrat wrote:
Draguen wrote:

Guys, my 2 cent, as most of you know i was very eager to see that decree pass (like a month and a half ago) but frankly, I doubt it will.

I'm starting to wonder if we are beating a dead horse, maybe we should put pressure on Mr. Kreidieh so to remove the obviously-problem-making clauses so it can pass.

I don't think he has much say in that part of the decree, but what really should be done is finding a way to streamline the process so that changes to plans don't have to be rubberstamped by a bunch of uncaring bureaucrats. Since Ogero is technically a private company, the only changes that should require any approval are major changes.  Apparently getting bids on 800+ cabinets for millions of $$$'s doesn't need council approval--why do changes to prices do?

Cabinets i think(but just guessing) there was some decision by MoT for that as well, even it is infrastructural "one-time" expense that affects CAPEX, there is  OPEX will appear for them, after they are running (and my guess a lot trouble will appear if it's traditional way, as Lebanon has much worse risks for such type of installation).

#3455 June 2 2017

xazbrat

Apparently there is another meeting on Monday---don't know  if they are limiting what is to be discussed though.

#3456 June 2 2017

Nemesis-301

Thanks for the infos @Super Official and @Ahmad Toutounji

I sent this email to wise and see what they are going to reply:

Dear Mr. Rodolphe,

As per our phone conversation you have informed me that the limited plans do not have unlimited nights.
Perhaps you can assist me in my dissatisfaction for your services and provide me with a solution.
I am currently subscribed to 2 MB unlimited, and I subscribed to this package to use it without concern and since I have downloadable content of around 100 GB.
As per my phone conversations with your technical department I have been informed that there is a daily cap of 2 GB, once passed I will be placed under FUP. And so my speed goes down from 195~200kb/s to 35kb/s making it useless, and since me and family use about 1.5-1.8 GB/day (without my downloads)
I am faced with the option of never downloading to have decent speed, or downloading and suffer from unusable internet.
I was hoping to change plans to a limited one to be able to download at night and use normally by day, but without unlimited nights this would be useless for me.
If I could afford a bigger package I would definitely subscribe to it, but my internet budget/month is max 40$

I have checked for internet options from other companies, and I have seen a 4mb plan with 50 GB limit and unlimited nights (11:00 PM to 7:00 AM) all for 39.3$ (with VAT), this could very well be a proper solution, since I would have 50 GB to use during the days of the month, and download about 11.5 GB of data every night.

I am hoping I will not have to change ISPs for the reason that I have to wait 2 months without internet, I am also hoping that someone can provide me with a decent solution, as I've gotten nowhere with phone calls.

If needed to contact me by phone my number is: **/******

Awaiting your feedback,

Regards,

#3457 June 2 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

xazbrat wrote:

Apparently there is another meeting on Monday---don't know  if they are limiting what is to be discussed though.

is it confirmed?

#3458 June 2 2017

Nemesis-301

Nemesis-301 wrote:

Dear Mr. Rodolphe,

As per our phone conversation you have informed me that the limited plans do not have unlimited nights.
Perhaps you can assist me in my dissatisfaction for your services and provide me with a solution.
I am currently subscribed to 2 MB unlimited, and I subscribed to this package to use it without concern and since I have downloadable content of around 100 GB.
As per my phone conversations with your technical department I have been informed that there is a daily cap of 2 GB, once passed I will be placed under FUP. And so my speed goes down from 195~200kb/s to 35kb/s making it useless, and since me and family use about 1.5-1.8 GB/day (without my downloads)
I am faced with the option of never downloading to have decent speed, or downloading and suffer from unusable internet.
I was hoping to change plans to a limited one to be able to download at night and use normally by day, but without unlimited nights this would be useless for me.
If I could afford a bigger package I would definitely subscribe to it, but my internet budget/month is max 40$

I have checked for internet options from other companies, and I have seen a 4mb plan with 50 GB limit and unlimited nights (11:00 PM to 7:00 AM) all for 39.3$ (with VAT), this could very well be a proper solution, since I would have 50 GB to use during the days of the month, and download about 11.5 GB of data every night.

I am hoping I will not have to change ISPs for the reason that I have to wait 2 months without internet, I am also hoping that someone can provide me with a decent solution, as I've gotten nowhere with phone calls.

Awaiting your feedback,

Regards,

update: interestingly they called me, and they didn't have a solution, they asked me to wait a bit since there are going to be new plans soon. and they told me that only a few ISPs right now have unlimited nights and when the new plans come into effect no ISP will provide unlimited nights anymore... this info is based on customer satisfaction department from wise.

#3459 June 2 2017

infiniteloop

Nemesis-301 wrote:
Nemesis-301 wrote:

Dear Mr. Rodolphe,

Awaiting your feedback,

Regards,

update: interestingly they called me, and they didn't have a solution, they asked me to wait a bit since there are going to be new plans soon. and they told me that only a few ISPs right now have unlimited nights and when the new plans come into effect no ISP will provide unlimited nights anymore... this info is based on customer satisfaction department from wise.

If that's true then we better pray that they don't agree on the new plans, I don't want to pay more than my actual plan to get sufficient download quotas, they give you a Ferrari but they give you a limit of driving of 1 km per day

#3460 June 2 2017

kfc

ManOwaRR wrote:

U thought there will be unlimited nights with open speed =))))) This is lebanon my dear

Prrivate ISPs will find a formula to keep unlimited nights. Remember that the percentage of people who can have speeds higher than 2 or 4 mbps is small.

#3461 June 2 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

guys very good news after all :))) they made improvements on the plans while we waited

#3462 June 2 2017

infiniteloop

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

guys very good news after all :))) they made improvements on the plans while we waited

Where do you see that?

#3463 June 2 2017

kfc

seems that a 4 mbps unlimited plan was added instead of the 4 mbps 40gb plan

Imad Kreidieh
@ikreidieh
Replying to @FadousCharbel @NourOusama
All plans are open speed except 2 plans unlimited with 2 fixed speeds

Last edited by kfc (June 2 2017)

#3464 June 2 2017

xazbrat

kfc wrote:

Imad Kreidieh
@ikreidieh

I hate to burst your bubble, but he was bringing up the idea of a 1mbp unlimited plan, not a 4mb one. :( Hope I am wrong though

#3465 June 2 2017

kfc

xazbrat wrote:
kfc wrote:

Imad Kreidieh
@ikreidieh

I hate to burst your bubble, but he was bringing up the idea of a 1mbp unlimited plan, not a 4mb one. :( Hope I am wrong though

No way man. he wouldnt make a fool out of himself by promoting such an addition as "an outcome that you will love".

plus he is is hinting that the 4 mbps/40gb plan is no more by saying that the only 2 plans with fixed speeds are unlimited.

#3466 June 2 2017

iron

I have a feeling its 1mb unlimited plan too :/ what will happen to the basic 24,000 plan anyway? this damn thing costs me easily 100,000 every month and I was afraid the 4mb/40gb will be even more costly for me :/

#3467 June 2 2017

kfc

iron wrote:

I have a feeling its 1mb unlimited plan too :/ what will happen to the basic 24,000 plan anyway? this damn thing costs me easily 100,000 every month and I was afraid the 4mb/40gb will be even more costly for me :/

probably the 4mbps unlimited will cost 100 000 LBP and the unlimited speed + 50 GB will become at 24 000 LBP.

that way he would be pleasing:
- those who wanted an unlimited plan with higher speed
- those who were saying that the entry plan (4mbps/40GB for 24000) was not fair compared to the others

#3468 June 2 2017

iron

Ok that makes sense. Unlimited speed + 50gb is a double edged sword

#3469 June 2 2017

kfc

iron wrote:

Ok that makes sense. Unlimited speed + 50gb is a double edged sword

it is not bad because:
1) most people dont get speeds higher than 2-4 mbps because they live far from the centrale
2) most people are not heavy users and 50GB is more than enough for them
3) if you want higher quota, just pay more! you can have 100GB for 45 000, 150GB for 60 000 and 200GB for 75 000

#3470 June 2 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

But 4mb is a low speed if my line can handle 30mb or even 50mb with 200gb usage and cheaper than 4mb unlimited why would i go for the 4mb it just doesn't make any sense

#3471 June 2 2017

Draguen

Still, if it's a 4mb unlimited plan, it's double of what we have as 2mb, so really it's a real tangible improvement. Especially for people like me having families that keep on streaming ect

#3472 June 2 2017

AVOlio

Screenshot_2017_06_03_01_50_41.png

That was his reply to me guys.
I think it's gonna be a 4mbps unlimited!

#3473 June 3 2017

infiniteloop

He should revise prices, a 4mb + unlimited night today costs only 40$, how come a 100000LL 4mb unlimited can be a cheaper plan?
Ok it's 24/24 unlimited instead of couple of hours but in the new logic of cheaper plans I was expecting a 4mb unlimited at 40$, so it's relatively as expensive as before, nothing changed. They just used some maquillage with the new speed but destroyed the quotas

#3474 June 3 2017

Nemesis-301

infiniteloop wrote:

He should revise prices, a 4mb + unlimited night today costs only 40$, how come a 100000LL 4mb unlimited can be a cheaper plan?
Ok it's 24/24 unlimited instead of couple of hours but in the new logic of cheaper plans I was expecting a 4mb unlimited at 40$, so it's relatively as expensive as before, nothing changed. They just used some maquillage with the new speed but destroyed the quotas

True, it would be more logical to have 4MB unlimited at the current price of 2MB unlimited of 50$
And 2MB unlimited be around 30$

#3475 June 3 2017

kfc

infiniteloop wrote:

the prices are just speculations from my side, they may be inaccurate.

but remember that 4 mbps unlimited is equivalent to 4 mbps / 1300 GB per months. So they are multiplying the quota by 25 comparing to today's 4 mbps / 50 GB plan plan!! They can't keep the price the same!!

Board footer