LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3401 May 25 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

imad said they will start rolling out fttc in september

#3402 May 26 2017

xazbrat

On a somehow unrelated and slightly humorous note, a guy stopped buy last month and gave out fliers for his internet service.  He was offering 3 packages:  1 ,mbps /30 gig for 30k 2 mbps 60 gig for 60k, and a 3 mbps/90 gig for 90k.  He came back a couple of weeks ago  with revised pricing--basically he halved the price for each package.  He must have been informed of the new MoT pricing--lol.

He gave me a test line on his 3 mbps package for a few days and I wasn't getting any more than 1.8 mbps, so I declined the offer.

Last edited by xazbrat (May 26 2017)

#3403 May 26 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Mom wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
Mom wrote:

I would pay 50$ for an internet that has 20mbps and 100 GB of quota in Lebanon! and would not nag about it

you will get max 70mbps speed(depend on your line) with 200gb quota for 50$

Well i'm ready to pay 50$ for that i'm fine with it, but for 40GB?? RIP

50$ is actually 200gb quota, recheck the plans on twitter

#3404 May 26 2017

samer
Admin

Many posts have been removed from this thread as LebGeeks is not the right place to rant and complain. We're here to assist others, propose solutions and have thoughtful discussions.

#3405 May 26 2017

nuclearcat

I hope i knew arabic :(
https://www.facebook.com/BoutrosHarb/po … 20865798:0
Can you guys take a look? Its especially interesting because they are from same camp

#3406 May 27 2017

xazbrat

nuclearcat wrote:

I hope i knew arabic :(
https://www.facebook.com/BoutrosHarb/po … 20865798:0
Can you guys take a look? Its especially interesting because they are from same camp

This article is in English from the Daily Star.  From the looks of it, don't think this arrangement is going to stick around.

#3407 May 27 2017

ManOwaRR

Mr imad trying to improve our polititions fighting over % i just broke the article for you thats our country since 1990

Dividing the spoil of war ...

#3408 May 27 2017

kfc

ogero employees are going on a strike against the minister's latest decision

#3409 May 27 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

kfc wrote:

that is very good news...

#3410 May 27 2017

gamer4life

kfc wrote:

What is his latest decision?

#3411 May 27 2017

mher11

SNR Margin
39.0    25.0    db
Line Attenuation
23.0    19.0    db
Data Rate
2048    512    kbps
Max Rate
9804    1184    kbps
CRC
4    70

Can i turn off interleaving?? by how much my ping will decrease and does it affect my connection stability?? if i can turn off to whom should i send an email??(l'm ogero with 2mb 40gb plan) hope someone has the answers

Thanks in advance :)

#3412 May 28 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

You have some crc errors but they are low i say try to turn it off by calling 1516, and ping will decrease by 30-40ms

#3413 May 28 2017

Georges01

Hey guys, if the decree is finally accepted on wednesday, we won't have the time to go to the central to choose another plan before thursday (the start of june). So, any news if we will be stuck on the 4mbps 40gb untill the start of july? Or does ogero plan to change the speeds and quotas during june?

#3414 May 28 2017

nefe_lpmk

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

You have some crc errors but they are low i say try to turn it off by calling 1516, and ping will decrease by 30-40ms

Can you please review my data (I am using Annex A because testing on my secondary modem, since Cisco Linksys doesn't display dsl info):

Modulation:    G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    886 / 8.190
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    7,0 / 12,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    17,0 / 22,0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):    TMMB / BDCM
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):    0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):    41 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down):    4 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down):    41 / 0

#3415 May 28 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

your line is good sn margin is good for your speed

#3416 May 28 2017

vengeance666

Georges01 wrote:

Hey guys, if the decree is finally accepted on wednesday, we won't have the time to go to the central to choose another plan before thursday (the start of june). So, any news if we will be stuck on the 4mbps 40gb untill the start of july? Or does ogero plan to change the speeds and quotas during june?

I think we will get stuck with 4mbps same as everyone got stuck with 2mbps/40GB some years ago. The first step is passing the decree wednesday tho :) I'm fine being stuck with 4mbps for a month.

#3417 May 28 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

vengeance666 wrote:
Georges01 wrote:

I think we will get stuck with 4mbps same as everyone got stuck with 2mbps/40GB some years ago. The first step is passing the decree wednesday tho :) I'm fine being stuck with 4mbps for a month.

i'm perfectly fine stuck with 4mbps for a week but not more

#3418 May 28 2017

H.S

nefe_lpmk wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Can you please review my data (I am using Annex A because testing on my secondary modem, since Cisco Linksys doesn't display dsl info):

Try (192.168.1.1/SysInfo.htm) on your Linksys to display DSL info, caps are case sensitive. Forcing your modem to sync on G.dmt might reduce your ping by 30 to 40ms without turning off interleaving but you will be limited to 8mbps.

Last edited by H.S (May 28 2017)

#3419 May 28 2017

Doom

Please sombody ask Mr.Ikreidih,t3awadna 3al 100gb+ bel shaher,it's going to be hard living with 40gb :(

#3420 May 28 2017

nosense

H.S wrote:
nefe_lpmk wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Try (192.168.1.1/SysInfo.htm) on your Linksys to display DSL info, caps are case sensitive. Forcing your modem to sync on G.dmt might reduce your ping by 30 to 40ms without turning off interleaving but you will be limited to 8mbps.

why is it that when I force my modem to sync on G.dmt or anything other than adsl2+, it doesn't even sync, and dsl doesn't connect

#3421 May 28 2017

H.S

@aliessayli2, Where is your CO? it should as all centrals support other DSL modulations. You might want to try another modem as well.

#3422 May 28 2017

nosense

H.S wrote:

@aliessayli2, Where is your CO? it should as all centrals support other DSL modulations. You might want to try another modem as well.

Cheyyah CO, also tried a lot of modems in the past couple years none worked to sync other than adsl2+

#3423 May 28 2017

kfc

Georges01 wrote:

Once the decree is approved by the council of ministers, it will go on a barmit 3arous to be signed by the telecom minister, finance minister, prime minister and president. This will take 2-3 weeks before it is published in the gazette. Only then it will get into effect. So don't expect anything before July.

#3424 May 28 2017

Kazouza

aliessayli2 wrote:

why is it that when I force my modem to sync on G.dmt or anything other than adsl2+, it doesn't even sync, and dsl doesn't connect

How can you force your modem to sync?

#3425 May 28 2017

nosense

Kazouza wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

How can you force your modem to sync?

well in the modem i'm using now, which is a tp-link, there's an option that you can choose the modulation you want instead of automatic which syncs to the highest possible.

Board footer