LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3351 May 23 2017

ManOwaRR

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Msi lan manager limit chrome to 200kb , voila problem solved everything going through chrome will be shaped

However 300gb package would have been perfect

#3352 May 23 2017

nuclearcat

If they will provide up to date information about quota on website, some of countless lebanese developers can do such app easily :)
Or already they provide such information?
In my 100k city we had such apps developed by 3rd party developers for local cell operators and providers.

#3353 May 23 2017

Georges00

While living in Canada, I was subscribed to Rogers Internet Plan.
When you had 10gb left, they will show you a warning on any website you visit then you have to click something to make it disappear and acknowledge that you almost used all your quota.

#3354 May 23 2017

thephoenician

nuclearcat wrote:

+1 ManOwaRR, but not everybody think like this, many people are positive.

Yes of course many people excluding the aforementioned 90% of subscribers who are systematically denied their right to benefit from the new plans like the rest who are on higher plans without having to pay more (why not double the quota for the entry plan, or at least add 20 GB more?!).

nuclearcat wrote:

Plus, people can learn how to manage their quota, if they want.

Yes Ogero will show them how to do it by giving them a prior notice warning them to watch their consumption!

ManOwaRR wrote:

No matter what they do , well played well played , the plans are good but lebanese people never satisfied....

Okay good citizen I'm throwing a party when the plans are in effect.

Bottom line those "temporary plans" could've been much more balanced.

#3355 May 23 2017

ManOwaRR

relax  people  99% its not coming tomorrow , u can still enjoy your 1mb  internet connection for now :

Omar @HotCreep_  26m26 minutes ago
More
Replying to @ikreidieh
Sorry for the unrelated reply, i was just wandering if there's any chance the decree will be ratified tomorrow to your knowledge
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply  1   Retweet   
Imad Kreidieh @ikreidieh  25m25 minutes ago
More
I am not sure Omar. It is not yet signed by the ministry of finance

#3356 May 24 2017

nuclearcat

Georges00 wrote:

While living in Canada, I was subscribed to Rogers Internet Plan.
When you had 10gb left, they will show you a warning on any website you visit then you have to click something to make it disappear and acknowledge that you almost used all your quota.

Thats too invasive on industry standads and actually this is very bad sign (means they have appliances to meddle with your traffic).

#3357 May 24 2017

nuclearcat

thephoenician wrote:

Yes of course many people excluding the aforementioned 90% of subscribers who are systematically denied their right to benefit from the new plans like the rest who are on higher plans without having to pay more (why not double the quota for the entry plan, or at least add 20 GB more?!).

Yeah, why not 30GB? or why not triple?
Math and impact on whole sector and state budget so complex, that such changes require a lot of work for each new number. I thought to write most of factors, but i guess i wrote them before, and it will take too much time, and noone will read all text anyway.

And about quota. Yes, warning should exist, customers should be able to subscribe to such warnings and receive them comfortable way, and to see their current quota level.
But no, it is not Ogero or any ISP duty to teach users how to manage their consumption. This is not social project, this is business, and we are not in school or kindergarden, if user want - he ask tech-savvy guys, and they point to tricks. And there is lot of beautiful ways to manage quota from customer side.
If customer are not comfortable with extra consumption, but also dont want to use nature given gift in their head called "brain" - i'm sorry, then time to pay for lazyness.
This is same as to require restaurants to tell "hey dude, this new expensive tea you ordered will cost $100 more(and last one you used to water plants nearby) , your total bill is $12340, are you sure its good choice?". Did you ever seen that? No. People who come to restaurant watch prices and decide, and restaurants do not interfere in their choice.
Restaurants often offer "open buffet" as well, but usually it doesnt include "fancy" dishes and so, just common stuff that is enough to enjoy time and to have fixed bill at the end, similar to Ogero unlimited.
If restaurant visitor can't do simple math and manage his consumption with available finances - it's called mental disability.

#3358 May 24 2017

Draguen

@nucleracat, yes this is a business, but this is also a governmental service that serves a function : provide Internet to the citizen. If it were a 100% privatised company i would have agreed, but their first and formost objective is to provide for the citizen, same as EDL, unfortunately we all know EDL situation today.

#3359 May 24 2017

Nemesis-301

ManOwaRR wrote:

Msi lan manager limit chrome to 200kb , voila problem solved everything going through chrome will be shaped

^if the new plans bother you so much and you feel like hurr durr mah 200gb quota is not enough, go take the 2mb unlimited and stop nagging about the new plans

#3360 May 24 2017

infiniteloop

Nemesis-301 wrote:
ManOwaRR wrote:

^if the new plans bother you so much and you feel like hurr durr mah 200gb quota is not enough, go take the 2mb unlimited and stop nagging about the new plans

If there are no unlimited night then it's definitively a huge step backward, there are no advantages to have such great speeds if you can't download, at least with old-actual plans you can pick 4 or 6mb/s and get unlimited downloads at night for an extra fees.

#3361 May 24 2017

ManOwaRR

no news about the decree yet  , right ?

#3362 May 24 2017

thephoenician

Draguen wrote:

@nucleracat, yes this is a business, but this is also a governmental service that serves a function : provide Internet to the citizen. If it were a 100% privatised company i would have agreed, but their first and formost objective is to provide for the citizen, same as EDL, unfortunately we all know EDL situation today.

Exactly, the whole point of the new proposed plans which many people here are missing is how Ogero and MoT officials are advertising it: "20-50% of price reduction -لتخفيف الأعباء عن المواطنين-"

#3363 May 24 2017

ManOwaRR

until today.
DSL number : L836816   Speed: 2 Mbps/512 Kbps
Total usage : 273.5 GB   Free usage volume : Unlimited GB

so i think 300gb  package will be great for us heavy users

#3364 May 24 2017

amkahal

ManOwaRR wrote:

until today.

but keep in mind that you calculations will not be the same with upgraded speed, personally, my consumption is ~ 150 GB every month on 2 Mbps connection, but my line can handle up to 16 Mbps, so if i can stick with 200 GB/month, it will be a miracle.

when you're giving speed to non-geeks people in your house, they will milk every MB by watching videos.

#3365 May 24 2017

ManOwaRR

i have 89.7gb torrrented  optionalll downlloads

52+gb battlefield 1 cte and that was also  optional 

so basicaly 200gb is on the llow side , but 300gb is tottally fine

but will see how it goes

Last edited by ManOwaRR (May 24 2017)

#3366 May 24 2017

infiniteloop

ManOwaRR wrote:

until today.

With the new speeds you will need 400gb at least and 300gb is already very expensive, only unlimited night can be a solution even if we have yo pay 10$ more for it

#3367 May 24 2017

DG

So what happened today ? Did the ministry of finance approve the new decree/prices ?

#3368 May 24 2017

ManOwaRR

i wish  he gave us a package with 300gb  open speed but he didn't :/

#3369 May 24 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

amkahal wrote:
ManOwaRR wrote:

until today.

but keep in mind that you calculations will not be the same with upgraded speed, personally, my consumption is ~ 150 GB every month on 2 Mbps connection, but my line can handle up to 16 Mbps, so if i can stick with 200 GB/month, it will be a miracle.

when you're giving speed to non-geeks people in your house, they will milk every MB by watching videos.

same here for the consumption your line can handle 16mbps on adsl2+ which is very good so on vdsl2+ you will get something close to 40-50mbps

#3370 May 24 2017

chosen2k

#3371 May 24 2017

Cpt.Majed

chosen2k wrote:

What about it ?
Ogero gives you a stable ping at ~90 ms
Without interleaving you get 60 ms on Europe servers
which is awesome considering the bad infrastructure.

#3372 May 24 2017

chosen2k

I'm with Ogero... Ping is 180ms when I game on the ps4. PM if you have a way to fix this.

#3373 May 24 2017

ManOwaRR

im on pc , 63ms when u ping  google.com

77-80ms while ingame

180ms  is way 2 muchh ,  something is using the internet that's for sure ..

#3374 May 24 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

maybe the 180ms is because of the game servers they are not in Europe or something or as manowar said someone is using the internet

#3375 May 24 2017

Mom

So you guys are saying we can learn how to manage our quota!

My friend let's face it. A game of Dota2 or CsGo takes up to 120MBs, so let's say someone like me plays at least 150 games a month these will be close to 18GBs, so 22GBs left, and i forgot to mention the updates to these games, then you have the members of your family, nobody wants to watch youtube, what about spotify? Or maybe Netflix, and twitch? Every hour of streaming on 360p consumes up to 300MBs, and there is Instant Messaging, you don't want to download any softwares, new games that you buy? GTA V is around 60GB what would you do in this case ?

Tell me in this case how can i manage my quota, where saying to my family not to use any kind of social networks, or watching youtube or me reducing my gaming hours is not possible?

Board footer