LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 4 2011

Ruroken

Feedback for Sodetel

I have a 512 Sodetel account, and just got a call from the ISP informing me about the new packages. She mainly mentioned the following:

Bad news: its almost certain that the unlimited night traffic will be canceled

The packages she mentioned:

My current 512 will be turned into the 4Mbps package with 12Gb quota (shared up and down) for the same price i'm paying now, which is around $44

The second package is the 2Mbps with 8Gb quota for the price of around $31

The third package is the 1Mbps, no info on this one as i didn't express mush interest in it  (sorry)

On the good side, the prices are lower than mostly all ISPs with a higher speed, but on the down side the quota is lower and the night traffic is canceled. Not sure how to deal with this but gonna have to try it out a month and then see if i change ISPs or remain with sodetel.

P.S: She also mentioned that the accounts will be changed starting from the 15th of October.

Update: A friend called Sodetel, and when he asked about the unlimited night traffic, they told him that it will remain active. So now i guess there is confusion on this issue. We will have to wait and see. But if they keep the night traffic then Sodetel's packages will be the best on the market.

Last edited by Ruroken (October 4 2011)

#2 October 4 2011

TheStunMan

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

I hardly believe a 4mbps with 12 gb quota up& down, are they serious !!

We should wait and see...

#3 October 4 2011

Ruroken

I hardly believe it either, but asked her more than once about and she sounded really certain of her answers. But like you said, we will wait and see.

#4 October 4 2011

Mhmd

my 512 plan is turned to 1 Mbps at the moment and till now with Sodetel

#5 October 4 2011

Bassem

#6 October 4 2011

Aly

That's not cool, the fact that she called you and not the opposite makes this kind of official, I doubt that employees call customers and inform them with such news without orders from their management, but my question to you did you have unlimited night traffic on your old 512k account ?
I called at the end of October and also asked the Sales department about the new packages and they told me most likely it will be on October 15th which happen to be a Saturday, I don't know if it is a bright idea to switch users to new speeds on a half business day ...
I hope it is a Poll as Bassem mentioned.

Last edited by Aly (October 4 2011)

#7 October 4 2011

Ruroken

Yes i have the 512 account with unlimited night traffic.

#8 October 4 2011

AvoK95

If they gave
512KB/s for 30$ *Unlimited
1MB/s for 40$ *unlimited

and

1MB/s 10GB UP/Down(shared) for 25+VAT
2MB/s 15GB UP/Down(shared) for 27+VAT
4MB/s 20GB UP/Down(shared) for 33+VAT

that would b the best and most fair thing they can give and im sure you agree with me somehow

#9 October 4 2011

Crouhana

when i called them on starday, they said : we still know nothing till now ! SHakloun day3in !

#10 October 4 2011

AvoK95

Crouhana wrote:

when i called them on starday, they said : we still know nothing till now ! SHakloun day3in !

yes
and A LOT in fact
one person knows something and the others don't
it's very confusing

#11 October 4 2011

Aly

It depends to who you talk, it seems that the support agents tell one thing and the sales tell another story.

#12 October 4 2011

Dirol

Actually i called the sales department yesterday and the girl said that they will upgrade to the new connections' type in the mid of this month, around 15th of October, (My account subscription has NOT been upgraded yet),

As for the unlimited night traffic, i heared that few isps have already implemented it, so that may be like 50:50 Sodetel VS Competition with other isps or sodetel may hold on without it. Additionally, the Down/Up limit you mentioned, i don't think so, otherwise many and many sodetel users will shift to other ISPs for those two reasons together.

Nevertheless, Ogero itself will be the main competitor for sodetel if they implement the unlimited night traffic plan ,along with the NEW internet decree's plan. (Even though that the decree doesn't enforce its new plan on other ISPs).

Last edited by Dirol (October 5 2011)

#13 October 4 2011

Dirol

Ruroken wrote:

I have a 512 Sodetel account, and just got a call from the ISP informing me about the new packages. She mainly mentioned the following:

My current 512 will be turned into the 4Mbps package with 12Gb quota (shared up and down) for the same price i'm paying now, which is around $44

The second package is the 2Mbps with 8Gb quota for the price of around $31

Update: A friend called Sodetel, and when he asked about the unlimited night traffic, they told him that it will remain active. So now i guess there is confusion on this issue. We will have to wait and see. But if they keep the night traffic then Sodetel's packages will be the best on the market.

That's too bad and seemingly unreasonable: we currently have 512Kbps for 4GB limit..if we double it =1 Mbps for 8GB limit.
How come more speed and same or 'less' quota for 2 Mbps for 8GB :S. (That will be consumed quickly)

Damn, even with those low prices, my friend has typically got the NEW plan with unlimited night traffic, so if many ISPs will implement it , sodetel will be OUT even if they have lower prices because prices are already fine.

#14 October 5 2011

Aly

Nothing will keep me with Sodetel if they lower the quota and remove the unlimited night traffic, it is just not right.

#15 October 5 2011

Dirol

Yes. we WILL counterattack Sodetel if they do so,
besides, if sodetel is going to upgrade our connections in the 15th of October and subscription fees are deducted from our bank accounts, if you pay through the bank, will they deduct that amount for the OLD or the NEW subscription system?

#16 October 6 2011

darko

No cap on sodetel when you have access to all the accounts of their network, cheers

#17 October 6 2011

Ruroken

Darko, can you elaborate? for some reason didn't understand what you said.

#18 October 7 2011

Shatilov

can someone please provide more information !!! I'm starting to panic, here. I called them, their support says one thing, & their sales say another thing.

#19 October 7 2011

Ruroken

Same thing happened with me as well. The only thing that both sales and support agreed on were the new speeds, especially the 4Mb for $44. Yet, concerning the unlimited night traffic, i received mixed answers.

The thing i noticed since the 1st of October is the improvement of my latency, and noticed mostly in my mmorpg experience. Not sure if it's related to the whole upgrade but the improvement is evident.

#20 October 7 2011

Mhmd

1521659380.png
Congrats. Sodetel Users :)

#21 October 7 2011

Ruroken

I'm still at work so can't test it yet. Hope it stays this way and doesn't go down during the night like the last couple of days.

And now we also need to confirm the unlimited night traffic issue.

Mhmd, can you please check the quota if it's upgraded or still the same?

Last edited by Ruroken (October 7 2011)

#22 October 7 2011

Mhmd

qouta in dsl info still the same (4Gb for 512 kbps)
but what's interesting is the router bandwidth, it's 4 mbps down and 512 kbps up, which means that the double speed would continue !
as I knew that unlimited night traffic will stay

#23 October 7 2011

AvoK95

my modem settings are set 2MB but my connection is still 128k
BUMMER

#24 October 7 2011

Ruroken

Mhmd wrote:

qouta in dsl info still the same (4Gb for 512 kbps)
but what's interesting is the router bandwidth, it's 4 mbps down and 512 kbps up, which means that the double speed would continue !
as I knew that unlimited night traffic will stay

Thanks for checking it out. I'm surprised about the double speed issue, i think the router numbers won't reflect the real speed and i doubt we'll be getting double speed. But all we can do is wait till 8pm and check it out.

#25 October 7 2011

Ziad87

So did anybody else get the upgrade? I just called their technical department and they told me that the upgrades are still pending and they are testing at the moment.

Edit:

So I went ahead and attempted a speed test anyways:

1522367815.png

So it seems like they are starting with the upgrades... By the way, I currently have a 1 Mbps plan.

Last edited by Ziad87 (October 7 2011)

Board footer