LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 12 2005

Alien

Windows LH

Windows Longhorn...any news about it?

#2 May 12 2005

rolf

Re: Windows LH

I have a friend who installed the beta last summer. He said it was pretty stable.
Now I dont know what happened, they may be still adding features or wating for the right time to release it...

#3 May 12 2005

darkstar

Yeah same here i tried the alpha i think , it was stable and stuff , and i read a couple of weeks ago that microsoft has forced all websites that are showing screenshots of LH to remove them instantly!

#4 May 12 2005

rolf

Hey you probable now jad naim he's in the department with you

#5 May 12 2005

darkstar

Hey you probable now jad naim he's in the department with you

I am not sure if that message is targetted for me but yes when i used to work in domtech someguy called Jad used to be with us ( dont really know his family name).

(he is tall and wears glasses if thats the guy u talking about)

#6 May 12 2005

rolf

No, that's not the same guy. I mean department at the university!

#7 May 13 2005

samer
Admin

I saw Bill Gates on CNN two days ago, it's going to be released in mid-2006 and will include sophisticated debugging features in order to limit errors and problems.

#8 May 13 2005

mahdoum

Yeah some of it's debugging means that with the error report everything goes and i mean everything, so if you were using notepad and it crashed then everything you were writing will be sent.

Obviously it's all confidential they won't know who you are, and you'll be given the option to send or not and to remove items such as passwords etc.

Pretty sophisticated

#9 May 15 2005

jayinferno

Wut about all the fuss concernin the new Filing system ? i remember a long time ago i wuz talkin about it on the show and Microsoft were stating that the major thing in LH is the new File Sharing/Searching tools or something. Any more info ?

#10 May 15 2005

mahdoum

That will be have to be released later on (I think) becuase it is pushing them behind deadlines for longhorn FS

#11 May 19 2005

jayinferno

Yeah i actually rmmber that i said the same thing in my review something like 1 yr ago, that the main thing in LH, which is FS, is not gonna be released now.. but damn... they are late !! More than expected or previously stated from Msft.

#12 May 19 2005

Ragnar78

Wut about all the fuss concernin the new Filing system ? i remember a long time ago i wuz talkin about it on the show and Microsoft were stating that the major thing in LH is the new File Sharing/Searching tools or something. Any more info ?

The FS is gonna be based on sql...much faster...it means that there is gonna be huge indexing...

Board footer