LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 5 2004

ike

What's the best antivirus?

I need to get a new antivirus, because RPC is always beeing terminated, it's not because of Sasser, but I can't know what's attacking my windows..

#2 November 5 2004

samer
Admin

Re: What's the best antivirus?

check the processes running on startup(by downloading mike lin's startup manager mlin.net), if you notice something fishy, just google it.

#3 November 6 2004

Charly

norton 2005 is gr8 till now.... i've been using it for like a month, 3am belabbeh mnih walla

#4 April 20 2005

TSOG

First things first. I think it's really bad that people won't bother themselves go look for alternatives. Norton was good in the past, and because no one researches, no one knows that today Norton did not even make it to the top 5 protection software list. Every year, I give all programs I know a chance. I have to. The sites and servers I keep logging into, the people I deal with, I cannot take any chances. Now, my opinion, the best is Panda. Un-freaki'-believable. I'm not just saying that. I get deep inside every program and take its performance to the limit. Ever heard of something called "Trojan Flow"? You'd think Norton is getting everything, but it's not. If you have a fast computer, use Panda Platinum Internet Security Suite 2005 (takes quite some time to startup, but once launched, it's fast). It's a bit complex though, so you might need some help with the configuration, otherwise, your PC might get really messed up. If your system in averagely slow, go for PC Cillin. Both McAfee and Norton suck. Fully tested by yours truely. What could be a better way to test your protection, than piss off some world famous hacker and defy him to attack? Eh? Peace out!

Board footer